Introduce yourself here!

Page 14 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!

Zoid

Community Contributor
@Zoid Have you seen the spinoff series of Breaking Bad called: Better Call Saul? Quite the solid show with a lot of the characters from Breaking Bad, but oriented around what happened before the plot of Breaking Bad.
I have not! But that one is definitely on the list.
Hi everyone. My name is Caleb and am a mid 20s pc gamer trying to balance my love of rpgs with the start of my career! I have traditionally enjoyed games like The Witcher (2&3), New Vegas, Dark Souls series, and a plethora of survival horror games. Currently, I am attempting to get into isometric rpgs which were never particularly appealing but I don't want to limit myself and miss out on great storywriting. I started Divinity 2 this past week and hopefully find a new love for this subgenre!
Looking foward to getting to know more people and their interests!
Divinity 2 is fantastic. One of my favorites. I'm sure you'll love it!

Apr 8, 2020
Visit site
Hello everyone, I'm a PC gamer who's maintained an interest, love & respect for this platform since I got into it eight years ago.

My PC has evolved from a barely-passable custom PC with an AMD Phenom II six-core processor and no GPU, to something incredible that I love playing games on.

My preferred games have lots of kabooms, hands in the corner of the screen with a gun and all. '90s shooters, '90s-style modern shooters, Call of Duty, Battlefield -- if it's got kabooms and a gun, I'll probably like it.

I've also got a soft spot for management games. I like to drop into Cities: Skylines every now and again, and I had to force myself to stop playing Oxygen Not Included after I accidentally pulled a couple all-nighters. Civilization is a similar story; I think those games are a form of time travel. Makes the hours vanish!

Generally, I like most types of games, but most of the time I'll pew-pew some kabooms and probably strafe while doing it.

Anyway, I look forward to spending some time on these forums!

My PC has evolved from a barely-passable custom PC with an AMD Phenom II six-core processor and no GPU, to something incredible that I love playing games on.

The 6 core Phenom II CPUs were hardly "barely passable", I was running an 1100T right up to early 2017, it was an excellent CPU and faster than most of the FX CPUs that AMD came out with after it. It was a classic!

Apr 8, 2020
Visit site
The 6 core Phenom II CPUs were hardly "barely passable", I was running an 1100T right up to early 2017, it was an excellent CPU and faster than most of the FX CPUs that AMD came out with after it. It was a classic!

Oh, I've got nothing against my old Phenom II. My broader point was that it's quite old at this point, and without a dedicated video card (that's where the "barely passable" thing kicks in!), games on my first-iteration gaming PC weren't amazing.

It took me a little while to scrape together some money for my first GPU -- a Radeon HD 6870 -- and that's when my PC gaming adventure truly began.

Apr 12, 2020
Visit site
Hi,
Been a longtime subscriber (off & on). Stayed reading pcg about 2000-2001, when I built my first rig, with a little help from my brother and this magazine.
I've played lots of indie titles, and I have enjoyed fps, rpg, racing sims like Need for Speed Shift. I guess I'm not stuck in one genre so much.
Really spending time with AOE II (the HD version) and with Covid-19 being a thing, I've been able to organize some really fun co-op games with friends and family.
I am currently playing Train Valley 2, including the dlc, a strategic candy crush-type game called Gems of War, picked up World War Z on epic (a freebie). Trying to play through Company of Heroes again. And working my way through XCOM 2 also.

Reactions: Locus86 and SWard
Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
I've posted a few article comments over the years but I'm new to the forum section. I'm mostly into graphics in games so I get mods for the visuals if available for titles like RDR2, Witcher 3, and Watch Dogs 2.

Like mods for landscapes, npc appearance, textures, etc. I still can get involved with gameplay and the story if it's required to get to the next map in a game.

Hello All,

I am a 42yr old father of 2. I started gaming in the early 80's on Atari/ Collecovision. Then moved on to Master system/ Nintendo, playing Mario and the like as well as Alex kid. I started playing PC games in the nineties beginning with Some Doom/ Quake, Quake 2/ and any RTS I could get my hands on. I love all Gaming console or otherwise, because for me it is always about the games themselves the hardware typically does not matter.

Current build:
Ryzen 2400g
MSI B450 Gaming pro carbon
16g Crucial ballistix 3200
(No gpu yet) on board graphics
Corsair 650w psu

Last edited:
Reactions: Frindis and Zoid

Zoid

Community Contributor
Hello All,

I am a 42yr old father of 2. I started gaming in the early 80's on Atari/ Collecovision. Then moved on to Master system/ Nintendo, playing Mario and the like as well as Alex kid. I started playing PC games in the nineties beginning with Some Doom/ Quake, Quake 2/ and any RTS I could get my hands on. I love all Gaming console or otherwise, because for me it is always about the games themselves the hardware typically does not matter.
Welcome! I agree, it doesn't matter what you game on, all that matters is you have a great time :)

Awesome name btw

Reactions: Cabbage the great
Apr 22, 2020
Visit site
Hi Gamers and Geeks

I'd like to thanks PC gamer for always keeping me up to date with awesome news. I also love how the community here really engages with one another. So thanks to not just the admins but other people like me for making it so enjoyable.

Reactions: Frindis and Zoid
Apr 23, 2020
Visit site
Xobni aka OldBawls here. Been a fan of PC Gamer since 1993 first issue, avid technology enthusiast since my first Commodore 64 in the 80's. Love the industry, major advocate for PC Gaming as well as console, favorite of it all has to be PC Hardware processing be it GPU or CPU. Been working in IT for about 23 years, mainly infrastructure, security and implementations but dabble in development (Vis Studio, C#)

Something that's been bugging me; the tentacles in DOOM Eternal, anyone notice they are perfect renditions of the original Tentacle concept art by iD Software from a PC Gamer magazine that I still haven't found exact date of, but is at least 10+ years old? Took a while but they really nailed it :)

Playing Overwatch, Minecraft Bedrock with my fledgling 12 year old up and coming PC gamer son. Also enjoying DOOM Eternal, Battlefield V (cheating is insufferable), Apex. Looking forward to Cyberpunk

Hardware wise, recently got a Logitech G502 Hero, Logitech G910 Keyboard and ASUS VG248QE 144Hz monitor (first time over 60Hz), loving each one.

Reactions: ARUS989 and Frindis
Apr 23, 2020
Visit site
Hey all, Aaron here also go by Bakeneko. Have been an avid gamer since regular Nintendo and have played almost every console there is to date. My PC gaming probably started around my high school years 00-04 and was into World of Warcraft and Diablo. Just bought a cheap budget gaming pc and hoping it will run decent. Anyways glad to be here and hope to learn alot from this community! Thanks for having me 😁

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2020
Visit site
Hi all, I am LRMJ_Visions known online as LikkleleeV3 and known in reality as Leon (Job:Research Scientist)

I have been a gamer since the age of 4, playing Sonic the Hedgehog, VR racing and Altered Beast (I swear my dad is a good father, he just didnt understand the game bundle )

Games I play currently: Just finished Doom Eternal and a massive fan of The Witcher 3. Currently saving up for a VR headset to experience games the new and trendy way.

I have been building PCs since the age of 13 after blowing up my uncles Pentium 3 based PC.

PC hardware customisation and PC gaming is a fun aspect of my life and I look forward to being a part of this community! Stay safe y'all

Reactions: ARUS989
Apr 30, 2020
Visit site
Richie here! Late-middle aged gamer here, getting ready to finish one career and look for another. I've built every desktop I've owned since 1998! About 6 or 7. I'm currently running a i7-6700k with a GTX 1080 and 32gb. Probably going to upgrade in the next 6 months or so, but with the COVID stuff, still waiting to see how the market works out.

The first video games I ever played were on the old Atari. Super Breakout, Sword Quest, Sea Quest, Pitfall, Pac Man, Space Invaders, Combat, River Raid, etc.... Then some simple DOS games when my family got its first computer (286 with less than a megabyte of RAM, and no graphics card to speak of). Once the 386 came out, we bought and played pretty much every Sierra game except for the Leisure Suit Larry series (too crass for my family).

I'm really looking forward to the next generation of consoles (XSX in particular), but I don't play multiplayer. Partly it's lack of time, partly it's because I'm not so good and don't want to hamper my team/guild/whatnot, and partly it's because I really like story-driven narrative games or games I can spend of time exploring all the nooks and crannies.

When I'm not working or playing video/computer games, I really love cooking and gardening.

Zoid

Community Contributor
Richie here! Late-middle aged gamer here, getting ready to finish one career and look for another. I've built every desktop I've owned since 1998! About 6 or 7. I'm currently running a i7-6700k with a GTX 1080 and 32gb. Probably going to upgrade in the next 6 months or so, but with the COVID stuff, still waiting to see how the market works out.

The first video games I ever played were on the old Atari. Super Breakout, Sword Quest, Sea Quest, Pitfall, Pac Man, Space Invaders, Combat, River Raid, etc.... Then some simple DOS games when my family got its first computer (286 with less than a megabyte of RAM, and no graphics card to speak of). Once the 386 came out, we bought and played pretty much every Sierra game except for the Leisure Suit Larry series (too crass for my family).

I'm really looking forward to the next generation of consoles (XSX in particular), but I don't play multiplayer. Partly it's lack of time, partly it's because I'm not so good and don't want to hamper my team/guild/whatnot, and partly it's because I really like story-driven narrative games or games I can spend of time exploring all the nooks and crannies.

When I'm not working or playing video/computer games, I really love cooking and gardening.
Welcome! Sounds like you have a rich gaming history. What is your favorite kind of cuisine to cook?

May 1, 2020
Visit site
Hello everyone and welcome to the PC Gamer Community!

Introduce yourself: We'd love to hear a bit about you below. Thanks so much for joining our community and helping it to grow into something truly incredible! If you have thoughts, suggestions and ideas please head over to this feedback section and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Get involved: Notice those trophy points next to my name and in the top right of your settings? You can earn trophies for being a great contributor, having good discourse and of course, getting likes. (What would the PC Gamer forums be without a bit of gamification to reward our good users ey?) If you want some quick links to threads full of ways to contribute, here are some of our favourites:

What was the first video game you remember playing?
What RPG Characters have you Dated/Had Relationships With?
RPG Red Carpet Megathread - Show off your ingame passion for fashion!
Show us your setup!

So there you have it, tons to do. As you read the forum rules, create accounts, choose avatars and get ready to post, remember you’re building this with us.

Engage!
Stevie💡🎯
I am an avid PC, Xbox, Playstation and Nintendo gamer. I am part of a podcast that has grown very much in less than a year on youtube. Love Twitter for my social media intake and love the gaming community as a whole. Some games that are taking my time are World of Warcraft, Call of Duty Modern Warfare/Warzone, Assassin's Creed[series], God of War, and some Bleeding Edge. Can't wait for next gen and what that means for PC gaming for the future!!

May 1, 2020
Visit site
Hi to anyone reading this. I'm Mau, a web designer by trade and a primarily PC gaming enthusiast by hobby. I've been a kinda-regular reader of PC Gamer for some time, plus I'm in the process of upgrading to a more powerful rig after many long years, so I decided to finally join the forum.

I might not be the most active forum person in the world but I still try to read whatever seems interesting. Despite things going on in the world, 2020 might still be a very exciting year for PC gaming, let alone upcoming years

Reactions: SWard
May 1, 2020
Visit site
Hey im DomiNate.
Project manager by day, not playing as many games recently because instead of getting laid off we all of a sudden got caught up with helping hospitals with get PPE. But by night I'm a noob rek'in gamer.
My main games are Destiny 2 and Modern Warfare. come at me

Reactions: muzaleo and SWard
May 2, 2020
Visit site
Hi everyone,

My name is Peter and I have been gaming since 7 years old, 25 years and counting. First it was SEGA console, then PS1 and then the PC.

I love strategy, simulation, management, building games the most. But I will always play a space arcade or sim, as well as a good RPG.

I have been runing my own YT channel, perafilozof for 9 years now. Started because of Total War Shogun 2 multiplayer battles and evolved it from there.

May 2, 2020
Visit site
Hey guys, I go by ARUS989. I play every strategy game (RTS, city building, etc.) under the sun, and I will occasionally dabble in the RPG realm. Currently obsessed with Total War: Three Kingdoms and Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord. I look forward to becoming an active member of the PC Gamer community!

TRENDING THREADS