What was the first video game you remember playing?

Page 48 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Dec 25, 2021
We old guys are old enough to remember when arcades only had things like pinball and pool tables. I'll bet there are people on here who don't even remember arcades at all. Lol
Oh for sure! I miss those Arcade days, early 80s on a Friday night with a pocket full of quarters or tokens depending... There was this little hole in the wall place down the street from me that would blast rock music through the night. Next door was a pizza/pub load up on pizza and beer and stagger next door to play Gorf, Pac Man etc. Great times! This younger generation doesn't know what they're missing.

Reactions: WoodenSaucer
Dec 15, 2021
Oh for sure! I miss those Arcade days, early 80s on a Friday night with a pocket full of quarters or tokens depending... There was this little hole in the wall place down the street from me that would blast rock music through the night. Next door was a pizza/pub load up on pizza and beer and stagger next door to play Gorf, Pac Man etc. Great times! This younger generation doesn't know what they're missing.
We still have things like Dave & Buster's, but arcades used to be all over the place. Now, everyone has the best gaming available right in their houses.

Dec 30, 2021
Well..... PACman for sure:D.. It was such a craze last time and basically all gamers, young or old ... just have to loved it.

Jan 4, 2022
Hello and thanks for the warm welcome!

My first game that I was truly obsessed with was Pac-Man. I was beyond obsessed. I remember when my dentist put one in the waiting room, his patients would line up to play it. I believe most of us only went to the dentist because of the game table sized Pac-Man that was waiting on us. Those were the days!

Jan 4, 2022
I don't really remember what game I played the first time because it was so long ago, but I do remember when I first played the game on a PC which was when I first got a PC in my life.

it makes me nostalgic

Nov 26, 2021
Super Mario All-Stars on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES.) Essentially the closest thing one could get to a remaster at the time, All-Stars was a graphical and audio upgrade for the first three Super Mario Bros. games including "The Lost Levels," previously released only in Japan because they were deemed too difficult for Western audiences. A wise decision, as the Mario franchise could've met an untimely end as the brand may have been met with frustration and remembered disdainfully.

While it's only really remembered for its 'lost' levels, it should be worth noting its soundtrack and improvements to the original music are incredible for the time. No radical changes or missed beats unlike Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy or Spyro: Reignited Trilogy, just an all-round improvement.

Reactions: Brian Boru

ASK THE COMMUNITY

Latest posts