June 2024 Game Discussion Thread

Page 9 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Fairly simple walking simulator, but with intense moments such as being chased...No action so far
Sounds like a running and screaming simulator. That isn't considered "action"? If that's the case, then Outlast is a walking simulator, which doesn't seem right.

Thanks for mentioning this. I didn't realize it was on Game Pass.

Sounds like a running and screaming simulator. That isn't considered "action"? If that's the case, then Outlast is a walking simulator, which doesn't seem right.
Maybe I just define action as having combat, but this game certainly is suspenseful and thrilling. So far no cheap jump scares, and based on Steam reviews it’s not meant to have any which is awesome.

not much to report on my side, i'm almost finished with Arcade tycoon (well, technically i've beaten it, but i want the silver award). have a fair bit to say about this game, but i'll do that probably hopefully no later then next week. i might provide screenshots of my "finished" arcades.

So i need to think of a game to play and sink my teeth in for the summer. we'll see what to play. maybe seikro or maybe Dark souls 3, but it might be more faster to beat a few more indie games.

Before I complain about the balancing of everything, I would like to acknowledge that Soulmask has had a tremendous amount of love and effort put into in. Too bad it was balanced by a sociopath.

The crafting is awe-inspiringly complicated. It took me literal hours to make the oil press, for example.

Travel: The map is not fully opened up yet, but what there is is about 6 square miles, and we are constantly having to go from one side to the other through some nearly impassable terrain. Theoretically, you can craft portals, but it would take a couple of days to get the materials for one. And one portal doesn't do you any good. You need another portal to travel to.

Combat. Guido and I both excel at the Batman style melee, but at least twice a day we have to run from battles where we can't do any damage. There is no apparent reason why these enemies are this way. They aren't high level. We try all types of damage--blunt, piercing, etc--and nothing works. It could be a bug because we went back to one of the places and had no problems.

Got a new random friend request on Steam, but I think I know who it might be. Their profile is hidden, so I was going to ignore the request because random friend requests always end up annoying, but after thinking about it some more, I think she might be the developer of Clothing Store Simulator. If so, I'm not sure what she wants. I did leave her a long list of suggestions, most of which were actually my suggestions for Supermarket Simulator before I realized that guy had run off.

Do those allow a personal message in the request? I'd expect a dev to make it personal.
I don't think so. At least, no one has ever sent me a message along with the request. It might not be her. The name of the developer is Kiki Games and the last name of the person who sent the request (it doesn't appear to be a gamer tag, which could also be a clue), was something short that started with "Ki", so I made the leap of faith that Kiki was a nickname.

I assume we'll find out shortly. Whoever makes the request always wants something. If it's a developer, it usually means they want to discreetly ask me to change my review in some way, and my review for Clothing Simulator was on the front page last I checked.

I probably wouldn't have a problem doing that for her. While this follows directly the Supermarket Simulator formula, she's added a lot of nice things to the game (like allowing you to design your own clothes, which is rather complex) and is responding quickly to player feedback. She's one of the good ones.

Last edited:
Got a new random friend request on Steam, but I think I know who it might be. Their profile is hidden, so I was going to ignore the request because random friend requests always end up annoying, but after thinking about it some more, I think she might be the developer of Clothing Store Simulator. If so, I'm not sure what she wants. I did leave her a long list of suggestions, most of which were actually my suggestions for Supermarket Simulator before I realized that guy had run off.
What a dumb system. Why would it hide the identity of the person requesting a friend request. Even if they are hidden, its just makes sense to unhide their name in the request. Its like they have to come out of camo to be seen before they can send a request... and then wait for person to reply again before going hidden. I am sure that makes sense.

Screen Rant
looks at website description: Its only meant to be
All the latest movie news, movie trailers & reviews - and the same for TV, too.

Games don't apply. Stay in your lane... we aren't reviewing movies here after all. Hardly our fault there is nothing worth watching.

Let experts do it... now if I could just find some.

I wonder which of those two was the source for the other. Circular sourcing is all rage, as long as someone else says same thing you can link to it as proof... starting to think we need more than one link. Or original source.

Finished up the new campaign for Destiny 2, The Final Shape. As a long time Destiny 2 fan (didnt play Destiny because console only game), it was probably one of the best stories it had and, imo, a good wrap up to the 10-year story arc of "Light vs Darkness".

I actually beat the campaign a couple of different times by beating it on all 3 of my characters (1 for each class, Warlock, Hunter and Titan for those that dont know) even though i couldve skipped, but needed to help clan members beat it too :)

Not trying to go too long into the bad and good of the expansion but Destiny is still plagued by a bunch of flaws, but this new content has brought me fully back into the game.

Finally got a Hardcore (1 life to live) player to lvl 100 in Diablo 4. HC characters were garbage to me to do up until this season because of the utterly huge amount of bugs that could kill your character even if you arent being attacked, but with the recent huge XP buff for an event and the ungodly damage a minion-necromancer build does now, i was able to clear this feat within a couple weeks.

A PTR (Public Test Realm) is scheduled for next week which is basically a preview of the next season (season 5) and they are making some good changes im looking forward to trying out. Diablo 4 has done some seriously good stuff over the last couple of seasons and imo has become better than POE and Last Epoch, when it comes to ARPGs aside from Grim Dawn.

Last edited:
Imagine spending this much on a game that might not ever be released

But then its nothing really, there is a 48000USD package you can buy that includes one of each ship in the "game" and people have bought multiple copies of that already...

Respectable that he's built this setup himself and he can use it for other games. But damn, I can't think of anything I'm this into that I'd go this crazy with something; hell, even if I did, I'd probably use it for 10 minutes and then think that I'd be more comfortable on my couch with a portable of some sort 😆

Star Citizen is a cult at this point, with varying levels of commitment. I have a few friends who bought the entry level package and occasionally touch it, but then you have the whales that just go absolutely apeshit. Far be it from me to tell people what to do with their money, but there's certainly better things.

Zloth

Community Contributor
Speaking of walking.... Expeditions: Rome has some real issues with walking back and forth over maps. I get into my camp, wanting to replenish my bandages, caltrops, and so on - so I've got to walk alllll the way to my tent from the bottom of the camp to the top. Oh, and I've got some materials to build some new weapons - so walk to the opposite side of the camp! Arg. It's only 17 seconds (I timed it), but it feels so dull!

Often, dumb ideas get a hold on me and I just can't let them go. They start taking up an inordinate amount of brain space and even when I manage to push them to the back, they linger and consistently surge up. Reason cannot help me. Logically, I know these ideas are stupid and it's better not to indulge them, because like a dog catching a squirrel, I know once I have it, I won't know what to do with it. But they stay with me and I cannot let them go until I have indulged them; I just do my best to keep them cheap, so I'm not out much money when those ideas become reality.

Thankfully, this one only set me back $50 with free shipping from eBay. It's certainly amusing and I will leave it setup for the time being, but I can't imagine this is going to be a long term thing for me. But I will keep it for awhile, just to make sure those dumb ideas don't crop back up again anytime soon and this was, again, fortunately, an easy way to keep things cheap and reasonable without buying an old tower or something.

Speaking of walking.... Expeditions: Rome has some real issues with walking back and forth over maps. I get into my camp, wanting to replenish my bandages, caltrops, and so on - so I've got to walk alllll the way to my tent from the bottom of the camp to the top. Oh, and I've got some materials to build some new weapons - so walk to the opposite side of the camp! Arg. It's only 17 seconds (I timed it), but it feels so dull!

Sometimes immersion just isn't worth the tedium.

I think the best solution is to have both the physical location and the option to open a menu from anywhere in that location from where you can access everything interactable in that location.

3 has excellent gameplay improvements, balance, factions and artifacts, but I struggle to get over the graphics. They're not bad per se, but I find them a bit muddy, off putting and late 90's, early 00's, when developers were trying to take a realistic approach to things, but they just kind of looked...weird?

HoMM2, in spite of the lack of improvements, most of which can be had with Fheroes2 (such as auto battling, transferring all but one creature from one place to another, etc) is just a much more charming game to me, simply down to the graphics. I find them immediately charming and easy to read. Plus, my first exposure to it was via the HoMM1 demo back in 1996, so it's what really just sticks with me.

I do occasionally play 3 with and without the Succession Wars mod, which can be a bit janky. But when I'm craving those improvements in 3, I'll tough it out through the vaseline graphics.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts