June 2024 Game Discussion Thread

Page 13 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Is this the ultimate Captcha?
Eventually, only AI will be able to answer Captchas.

Right now, all you'd have to do to trick them is put one of @Brian Boru 's jokes in and ask, "Is this funny?" If the answer is "yes", you know it's AI.

(old joke about the AI selected posters of the year thread)

Last edited:
We beat Wizard with a Gun in 10.5 hours. Time to Beat says the mainline takes 13 hours, so we went pretty fast. Guido isn't one for getting lost and confused, or "exploring" as I like to call it.
Sacred 2 wouldn't be a game for them, then (Not that I am suggesting it)... as you can finish main story in about a day (probably less) if you don't explore, or if you do explore, it can take about 4 to 5 days to complete everything. When the vast majority of the map is optional, and only exists to explore, you get that. It was hardly empty. There were 633 quests in the game.
Normal play through - Area 1 is finished in a few hours
Hard play through - Area 1 can take about 2 days, only as the only reason you do the main quest is to open a new region, and if explore = do all side quests available to you, there is a lot of the map you can get to without opening the next region. When most of the bosses in the game are also optional, exploring is essential.

The game is open world and the direction you take to do a normal compared to hard changes radically if your aim is to do everything, You go backwards in fact as there are parts of the map you don't find unless you explore the edges of the areas.
I wish the company that owned its IP would at very least update it for modern PC. I might even try to remember it again

Sacred 2 wouldn't be a game for them, then (Not that I am suggesting it)... as you can finish main story in about a day (probably less) if you don't explore, or if you do explore, it can take about 4 to 5 days to complete everything. When the vast majority of the map is optional, and only exists to explore, you get that. It was hardly empty. There were 633 quests in the game.
Normal play through - Area 1 is finished in a few hours
Hard play through - Area 1 can take about 2 days, only as the only reason you do the main quest is to open a new region, and if explore = do all side quests available to you, there is a lot of the map you can get to without opening the next region. When most of the bosses in the game are also optional, exploring is essential.

The game is open world and the direction you take to do a normal compared to hard changes radically if your aim is to do everything, You go backwards in fact as there are parts of the map you don't find unless you explore the edges of the areas.
I wish the company that owned its IP would at very least update it for modern PC. I might even try to remember it again
I think it's mostly because we're playing co-op. He's actually done 100 percent runs before, like in Black Flag. Co-op doesn't really encourage extras and exploration, at least not for us. Not sure why that is. We just sort of stick to the main quest lines.

Zloth

Community Contributor
Looking at Death Stranding on YouTube got its mysterious algorithm's attention, and a 'Before you buy Death Stranding' video popped up. I watched it and it showed a recording of the player near the starting city headed up toward the incinerator. I happen to have a video of the same area, which you go through late in the game with some great music playing, so I've seen it a few times.

When the video is playing, you can see a rope and a ladder placed by "Igor," which has less than 10 likes. Watching my video, the same rope and ladders are still there, even though it was two years later. They still had single digit likes, too!

The guy who first explains the world (slightly) to you in the truck of the opening cutscene is named Igor. Dunno if it's the same guy, but it's definitely not a player.

Looking at Death Stranding on YouTube got its mysterious algorithm's attention, and a 'Before you buy Death Stranding' video popped up. I watched it and it showed a recording of the player near the starting city headed up toward the incinerator. I happen to have a video of the same area, which you go through late in the game with some great music playing, so I've seen it a few times.

When the video is playing, you can see a rope and a ladder placed by "Igor," which has less than 10 likes. Watching my video, the same rope and ladders are still there, even though it was two years later. They still had single digit likes, too!

The guy who first explains the world (slightly) to you in the truck of the opening cutscene is named Igor. Dunno if it's the same guy, but it's definitely not a player.
Do you think they have few likes because people knew they weren't left by a real player?

i know sacred 2 used to have servers and multiplayer, but not sure about coop. I never did play online so I have no idea really. Only thing I know about it is its got its own starting island I think - its been 12 years or so since I played it. Starting island might even have been Sacred 1 and its almost 20 years old now... I feel old :)
Sacred 2 is almost 16 itself... :(

i know sacred 2 used to have servers and multiplayer, but not sure about coop. I never did play online so I have no idea really. Only thing I know about it is its got its own starting island I think - its been 12 years or so since I played it. Starting island might even have been Sacred 1 and its almost 20 years old now... I feel old :)
Sacred 2 is almost 16 itself... :(

When I last looked into playing Sacred 2 with a friend I think I couldn't get multiplayer to work because the servers were shut off. Though Googling it suggests there are some workarounds.

I have played a lot of Sacred Gold in co-op, I assume Sacred 2 supports it as well.

Zloth

Community Contributor
Do you think they have few likes because people knew they weren't left by a real player?
Nope, because there are fewer likes when I played, two years later, than when the video was made! Plus, the only way to know they are non-player is to see somebody else play - they look just like stuff left by a player named Igor. Either it's just the likes that I gave it myself, or the game gives them a small number to them to start the game and tracks them, or... something.

TRENDING THREADS