Introduce yourself here!

Page 4 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Jan 13, 2020
twitch.tv
Hey there folks, I'm Round.

I've been hanging around the community sporadically since the Discord began but reading PC Gamer since my early teenage years. I spend my time as a marketing writer and chef.

I have no real skills or insight regarding the gaming space but I can cringe alongside the best of them.

Oh, and I also moderate the PCG website comments when I can.

Last edited:

Zoid

Community Contributor
The new forum looks really great. I've been reading PCG for years but figured the new forum is a good excuse to become a participating member of the community.

I got my gaming start on a dusty old Macintosh Plus in the mid 90s before getting my hands on an SNES and kicking off a lifelong passion. I enjoyed years of entertainment on second-hand consoles long past their prime, until more recently acquiring the economic means to build myself a gaming PC and experience the full scope of modern gaming.

I enjoy games of almost all genres and love sharing that enjoyment with others, which I am looking forward to doing here!

McStabStab

Community Contributor
Good Morning, PC Master Race.

I enjoy all genres of PC games but particularly horror titles. My top three horror games of all time are:

Resident Evil 2 (2019)
Alien Isolation
Resident Evil 7

I've been gaming since the Apple IIe and DOS days and will play everything from competitive shooters to building and management games. I used to squad up on Discord nightly for Battle Royale games and Escape from Tarkov but now have a 1 year old which makes my schedule irregular enough that I pretty much just solo play everything. Life comes at you fast!

Good Morning, PC Master Race.

I enjoy all genres of PC games but particularly horror titles. My top three horror games of all time are:

Resident Evil 2 (2019)
Alien Isolation
Resident Evil 7

I've been gaming since the Apple IIe and DOS days and will play everything from competitive shooters to building and management games. I used to squad up on Discord nightly for Battle Royale games and Escape from Tarkov but now have a 1 year old which makes my schedule irregular enough that I pretty much just solo play everything. Life comes at you fast!

Oh please don't tell me you've never played Silent Hill 2. If you have then why it isn't in your list? You can get your membership card revoked for such an offense.

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
Very happy to see the PCG forums opened up again. Been a fan since around 08 and built my first gaming PC by using the 2009 copy of "Build the Ultimate Gaming PC" issue. Started on the old PCG forums about the same time and really had a lot of fun and was pretty bummed when they scrapped it. Glad it's back!

*Edit I still have my very copy of that issue. I still remember flipping thru it learning as much as I can and wishing I could afford the $500 GTX 295 lol

20200113_165516.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
I am a Dark souls fanatic, although I'm trying to have a prolonged break and try other stuff, after all that's the whole point of having a library full I suppose.

Hard to play games that juice the system on my laptop so don't really have any big titles installed.

In short, I need a new PC :(

Been gaming since the early binatone system, had a Phillips G7000 and an Amstrad CPC464 to my shame, thankfully upgraded.

Reactions: PCG AndyC and SWard
Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
Hi everyone!

I'm Heliopetes, structural biochemist by day, gamer by night (and weekends of course). Long-term PC Gamer fan/reader. I'm a Mass Effect fan girl but play a wide range of games. Recently purchased a new machine so i'm busy plugging away through a ridiculous backlog of games (when i'm not stuck in the lab or staring at microscopes).

Happy to see the return of the PCG forums :giggle:

Reactions: PCG AndyC and SWard

Zoid

Community Contributor
Hi, PC gamer currently without a PC, having to make do with my Gigabyte laptop which is not ideal.

Prefer RPGS but will play most genres.

I didn't like Disco Elysium...controversial I know.:p

I feel your pain! I know the struggle of gaming on an under-specced machine, although I've actually developed a soft spot for low-spec gaming under tight computing restraints because it has lead me to discover some wonderful games that I wouldn't have found otherwise.

I love RPGs as well, so what is an RPG that I might not know about but should?

Hi everyone!

I'm Heliopetes, structural biochemist by day, gamer by night (and weekends of course). Long-term PC Gamer fan/reader. I'm a Mass Effect fan girl but play a wide range of games. Recently purchased a new machine so i'm busy plugging away through a ridiculous backlog of games (when i'm not stuck in the lab or staring at microscopes).

Happy to see the return of the PCG forums :giggle:

Cool name, even cooler job. I adore the Mass Effect trilogy. They are easily in my all-time favorites list. What's the game in your backlog that you've enjoyed most so far?

Reactions: CerberusFX
Hi everyone, I go by BornAgainPCGamer, most of you probably came across me in the comments, as i try to be fairly active in them.

I love gaming in general but PC gaming is were my heart is. I'm a full time construction worker in Ireland. I have a fiance and we have a family of four kids and a german shepherd dog. All of which keeps me very, very busy and has reduced my available free time to game a lot more than i used to have. No complaints though i wouldn't change a thing. I just learned to fit my gaming in were i can now. It's great to have the forums back. I hope to be an active member here as much as possible.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
What's up gals and guys? I'm just a life-long PC enthusiast. I started with a 386 in the very early 90s and making boot disks to run all the games we had like Wolfenstein, later Doom, Flight Sim, SimCity and military sims like Seawolf, Harpoon 2. I also loved the SNES years. Great RPGs and first party games that the likes I haven't seen since. My enjoyment of computers led me to start a small but successful computer repair and IT business. Nothing major but people dig it. It makes me happy to help people and fix things.

Also it's nice to be online and share conversation with people who have rational opinions even if you don't agree with them. I'm almost always either working or on standby which means I basically don't have the focus or time to play a game, or get into anything but flipping through articles and comments until the phone rings or someone is at the door. I can't complain.

TRENDING THREADS