Introduce yourself here!

Page 5 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
I feel your pain! I know the struggle of gaming on an under-specced machine, although I've actually developed a soft spot for low-spec gaming under tight computing restraints because it has lead me to discover some wonderful games that I wouldn't have found otherwise.

I love RPGs as well, so what is an RPG that I might not know about but should?

Cool name, even cooler job. I adore the Mass Effect trilogy. They are easily in my all-time favorites list. What's the game in your backlog that you've enjoyed most so far?

No idea what you have played to comment.

Reactions: JSimenhoff
Hi all, the forums are back! I feel like I've come full circle—I was a regular in Maximum PC's forums (One4yu2c) before I started writing for the magazine in 2006, and later MPC's website. Now I cover hardware and tech news for PC Gamer (so I've been writing for Future the past 14 years), and am excited to be back in the forum scene.

My PC roots trace back to the Commodore 64 days, where I got hooked on adventure gaming (Monkey Island, Maniac Mansion, Space Quest, etc.). I would branch out, of course, spending long hours in Ultima VI on an IBM compatible PC (one of the earliest non-adventure titles I can recall playing). Now I mainly 'collect' games (i.e., get sucked into Steam sales in anticipation of one day winning the lottery and having all the free time in the world to actually play them).

Outside of the PC space, I'm a big sports fan, especially basketball, and a die-hard fan of all Boston teams (where I was born)—Celtics, Patriots, Red Sox, Bruins. I also love to ride my motorcycle (2013 Yamaha Raider S, 1854cc) around the hills of TN, where I currently reside.

Couple of fun factoids: I was born the same day/year Elvis Presley died, and my grandfather and great-uncle were pioneers in Bluegrass (Lilly Bros., if you care go Google).

So that's me in a nutshell. Let's get this party started!

Hi Paul, being Irish myself, I just have to ask, are you originally from Southie?? Any Irish descent??

Good Morning, PC Master Race.

I enjoy all genres of PC games but particularly horror titles. My top three horror games of all time are:

Resident Evil 2 (2019)
Alien Isolation
Resident Evil 7

I've been gaming since the Apple IIe and DOS days and will play everything from competitive shooters to building and management games. I used to squad up on Discord nightly for Battle Royale games and Escape from Tarkov but now have a 1 year old which makes my schedule irregular enough that I pretty much just solo play everything. Life comes at you fast!
I in no way doubt your love of the horror game genre but a part of me wonders why your top 3 list is, dare i say it, safe and modern. For me there are games definitely more worthy of being on that list. To each his own and i respect your choices but am curious as to why you picked those 3?Welcome to the forum.

Heya All, Im AlyxTrace or Alyx if you prefer :)

Long time fan of PCG and avid reader, used to play a lot of MMOs and have been active moderator for a few twitch streamers most notably Lo0p (of CS fame)

im also known for having a rare disabilty called HSN which although limiting me in my ability to play games (hands are borked sorta), doesnt break my enjoyment of em'

currently playing Apex Legends and Risk Of Rain 2 but i dabble in every genre its a pleasure to meet yall and hope to see yall around :)
Well done on not letting your disability get in the way of doing what you love. Hopefully you can continue to do so, for a long time to come. Welcome to the forums Alyx

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
I'm Trell, gamer since forever, super old and I have zero reactions. I mod r/dota2 and lots of games/teams discord servers too.

Long time PC Gamer reader, started gaming on a C64, before moving onto Master System, Megadrive, Nes, then my very own Amiga 600 where I really fell in love.

Hi!

Edit: Also I'm a massive fan of cutscene/story driven games with QTE's, but don't hold that against me. I actually enjoyed Detroit, Beyond 2 Souls and Heavy Rain PC ports.

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
Hi. Iam Ashen. Been a PC Gamer nearly all of my life(nearly 30 as of now), as you all know things are somewhat hectic in the PC ecosystem and ofcourse like some of you, I have some strong, vocal opinions about some the major stuff thats happening currently and iam sure you all will come to know of it sooner or later but I hope to stay respectful as much as I can while sharing it with you guys and ofcourse I expect the same in return. So, catch you guys in the discussions!

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
Well done on not letting your disability get in the way of doing what you love. Hopefully you can continue to do so, for a long time to come. Welcome to the forums Alyx

hey thank you so much it means alot <3 gaming has always been my go to passion, and it helps gain new skills overall since whilst my dexterity is limited (for example asides from typing i only use 2 fingers on a keyboard for gaming mostly e.g. Thumb on A/S/D/Z/X/C/SPACE and 1st finger for everything else like W/Q/E/1/2/3 ect) ive always enjoyed getting better over time and seeing how far i can push myself

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
Its been a long time....

I have been a member of various iterations of PCGF its nice to see it back even if it does make me feel extremely old.

I'm Peter I live in the UK and play a large range of games. I would say that simulation/Tycoon are amongst my prefered and that I'm Battlefield over COD. However, I will try pretty much anything.

I still can't believe someone brought PCGF back from the nailed down coffin it was buried in.

I’m actually originally from just north of Boston (Melrose). Italian descent into my mother’s side, and Scotch-Irish on my dad’s side, I’m told.
Cool, thanks for the reply. Thats an interesting combination in your gene pool. No doubt its lead to you being a sallow skinned, patriotic, alchoholic with the voice of a tenor :p

hey thank you so much it means alot <3 gaming has always been my go to passion, and it helps gain new skills overall since whilst my dexterity is limited (for example asides from typing i only use 2 fingers on a keyboard for gaming mostly e.g. Thumb on A/S/D/Z/X/C/SPACE and 1st finger for everything else like W/Q/E/1/2/3 ect) ive always enjoyed getting better over time and seeing how far i can push myself
Thats really impressive. Keep at it, who knows how far you can push yourself?? Happy gaming Alyx...see you around the forums👍

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
Hello there!
My atlas is Rika, I'm from the USA and hail in Illinois. I am 28 years old and have been gaming for a long time, but I finally got my first gaming PC a few years ago. More about me? I enjoy playing SRPGs, ARPGs, and VNs. I'm also a part of the LGBTQ+ community and support them. (bisexual here)

I am happy to see PC Gamer having a forum and will be happy to discuss PC gaming with everybody.

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
Its been a long time....

I have been a member of various iterations of PCGF its nice to see it back even if it does make me feel extremely old.

I still can't believe someone brought PCGF back from the nailed down coffin it was buried in.
Me either!
I joined one iteration back in about 2009 along with joint the PCG EU WoW guild ( run then by Tim “Teem” Edwards, who was general editor of the UK mag at the time)

We left after the forums melted down around 2012-2015 (I think? Minecraft was huge then and the meltdown coincided with a massive grief attack that took the server offline for 3 months!)

We’re still active as PCG on the same server and it’s… unusual to see the revenant rise again, in this age of disposable, no trace, no record “timelines”.

Long may this forum continue!

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
Hi all.

I used to be a part of the PCG UK community years ago, probably about a decade ago now (what a horrible thought). I still play plenty of stuff (FPS like R6S, some Civ, loads of singleplayer RPGs), but fell out of multiplayer communities due to work and life making it difficult.

Bringing back the forum is a great idea for us oldies (well, people who were around a long time ago, I guess I'm not technically as old as I feel). This is a much better speed for conversation. Web 2.0 was a better time.

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
View attachment 8

Hello everyone and welcome to the launch of the PC Gamer Community!

We've got some amazing things planned this week, here's 5 things to get involved with:

1. PC Gamer Community Launch Giveaway: For our Launch Event we have partnered with noblechairs to give away an EPIC Black Edition. To enter, you'll need to register, post your favourite game as a reply in our competition thread and sign our gleam app with your forum name for a chance to win (entries are sweepstake only, no purchase or talent necessary). Good luck!View attachment 118

2. STUDIO SPOTLIGHT: On Tuesday the 14th, we are launching our Studio Spotlight Initiative which will highlight various developers and invite them to chat and have fun with our community. The PC Gamer Community Team wants to champion Indie studios with these new forums and give them a place to talk about their games. For launch month we have Failbetter Games guesting, who will arrive in the Studio Spotlight Subforum with a lot of awesome features and things to get stuck into. Be nice to the devs!
View attachment 120

3. 🦸‍♀️ Hero Adventure Simulator: As a blast from the past, we’re running an old school Adventure Simulator in the Classic & 2D Games subforum. Community members will be able to play along with our Games Master and possibly save the world! Superheroes are in the making.
View attachment 121
4. Introduce yourself: We'd love to hear a bit about you below. Thanks so much for joining our community and helping it to grow into something truly incredible! If you have thoughts, suggestions and ideas please head over to this feedback section and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

5. Get involved: Notice those trophy points next to my name and in the top right of your settings? You can earn trophies for being a great contributor, having good discourse and of course, getting likes. (What would the PC Gamer forums be without a bit of gamification to reward our good users ey?) If you want some quick links to threads full of ways to contribute, here are some of our favourites:

What was the first video game you remember playing?
What RPG Characters have you Dated/Had Relationships With?
RPG Red Carpet Megathread - Show off your ingame passion for fashion!
Show us your setup!

So there you have it, tons to do. As you read the forum rules, create accounts, choose avatars and get ready to post, remember you’re building this with us.

Engage!
Stevie💡🎯
HI,
Long time pc gamer magazine reader from late 90s. Now I read it on the web. Thought I was a member of the forums and found nothing.. So I joined. Read Pc gamer online every other day. I have been gaming on various platforms since the late 70s.. I still remember playing Kings Quest back in 84ish.

D

Deleted member 365

Hi,

I read PC Gamer articles a bit so I figured I'd jump on the forums quick and dibs my username. ;)

Play too much CS:GO and Forza Horizon 4 at the moment and profile pic is of Ed from Cowboy Bebop which is my jam. 💫

Last edited by a moderator:

TRENDING THREADS