Announcement Introduce yourself here!

Page 27 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Oct 29, 2021
Hello I am Silvestar(aka silvi6),

How I got my username? Pretty easy. In my old school my nickname was Silvi, so I added a 6 at the end because I am born in 2006. I created it when I was about 6-7 years old and I somehow still love the name.

I am currently 15 years old and my dream is to become an ICT. ICT is basicly Computer Coding for people who still did not know it. I really have no hobbies except play games after school. So I am basicly a pretty boring person.

Nov 5, 2021
Hunterly here.
New to the sight and haven't played much for the last 8, 9 yrs but getting back to it I think.
I ask dumb questions but don't get mad if I get bad reply's back. I am a believer in the only dumb question is the one that doesn't get asked so just bear with me.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Nov 12, 2021
hello i'm a new member, i don't know if i'm a game maniac or not, but i'm happy to join this forum because i can know about more interesting games

Nov 15, 2021
hello, am not really playing a pc game right now.. i used to play PlayStation a lot...and i adore Suikoden II, Yakuza, Disaster Reports..... (its so old old game... ^ ^).. and how i wish that there will be games like that available in playstore..... ( please let me know if there's game similar with those ).... ^ ^ v

currently I play game i can download and i love games like LegendOfThePhoenix, Artifex Mundi's game, Haiku's game...

thank you

Nov 26, 2021
Hello all. Long-time lurker of the site, new forumgoer here. I've been in and out of games criticism for about ten years and learned a lot along this bumpy road, but a PC gamer for only six years. I'm hoping it'll contribute to many a fruitful discussion.

Be well all, and of course, welcome to my fellow newbies! ^^

• Love
Dec 2, 2021
yo I'm Marinela, I got by different names online but if you see me clutch a 1v5 you'll know it's me skkkrrrrtttt
I play dumb competitive games like watered down CSGO (valorant), Apex, Starcraft and the most dead game of all, Super Smash Bros. Melee released for the Nintendo GameCube on 2001.
I love eating buldak like there's no tomorrow and uuuhhh we chillin on roblox voice chat for now. That's all there is thx for reading BING BONG

Oct 22, 2021
Hi!

I like games and I am looking for gaming communities that are interesting and welcoming.
I'm also working closely with some indie studios and it's very interesting for me to see what players are up to.

Dec 10, 2021
Greetings all.. My name is Reuben Benok, just got myself newly launched here. Am not a fan of multiplayer online games except kombats or racing, well my taste are all over the place, am looking forward to cyberpunk 2077 new updates, am a huge dying fan....

Dec 13, 2021
Hello everyone my name is Emmanuel , i like computer video games. I am glad to be here and discuss games.

Dec 15, 2021
Hey everyone. I'm WoodenSaucer, or just Woody. I'm an old man gamer. Haha. I'm 49 years old, and I've been gaming since the original Magnavox Odyssey days. For my whole life, I've always been interested in cutting edge tech, even if my budget won't let me own it myself. But PC gaming is definitely my main gaming interest. I'm also into Nintendo a little bit, mostly just for Zelda.

I've been involved in several other communities, but their traffic has died down, so I'm looking for a new community to add to it. It's good to see this place has some decent activity.

• Love
Dec 15, 2021
Hey there, folks!

I'm Steve, one of the Community Managers here for PC Gamer. I started gaming with Donkey King and Pac-Man tables at the Round Table Pizza I would visit a couple times a year as a little kid. After that, I was thrilled to have the Commodore 64 as my intro to what would become PC gaming
g

Oh my gosh Steve, we had a Commodore 64 too! Do you remember watching the numbers go round on the cassette deck, desperately waiting for your game to load! We had maybe 3 cartridges which loaded straight away, they were like Gold in our house :)

By the way guys, I can't seem to post any long replies, any idea on the issue? I spent ages writing one asking for advice and it won't post. I then replied to the admin welcome message in my inbox, and it wouldn't post that either! It keeps saying it thinks it's spam?! Help please xx

Last edited by a moderator:

Brian Boru

I can't seem to post any long replies, any idea on the issue?
See if this explains it:

Dec 15, 2021
Thank you Brian, that does help a bit.
It does seem very restrictive though. I did mention consoles as it's probably been a part of most people's gaming history! I've just bought my son a gaming PC, but I've never actually used one, does that mean I'm not really welcome on here?
It's fine, just a shame...

Brian Boru

does that mean I'm not really welcome on here?
You are totally welcome Marsha :)

We're just moving your posts out of this thread, where they don't belong—won't get seen by any experienced members.

I made a new thread from your new PC posts in our System Building forum, where you should get some useful replies from our experts.

It does seem very restrictive though
Yeah, it's a shame it has to be that way. We get hit with up to 1,000 spam attempts per day, so we have no choice but to batten down the hatches.

When you have new questions, please make a new thread—putting them in an existing thread like this one is regarded as hijacking the thread and will probably get the post deleted.

You can always PM any of us mods if you're unsure about what to do :)

Dec 15, 2021
Okay, oh I'm so sorry, I hadn't realised that. I definitely don't want to hijack anyone else's thread lol.
I have ADHD and I probably also do a lot of 'hijacking' in real life!
It's never done on purpose and I really wouldn't want to offend anyone, I'll try to be more mindful. I just appreciated all of the replies you guys had given to someone else and everyone seemed so friendly, I probably got carried away.
I also wasn't sure if I was allowed to make my own thread yet, but I obviously can then?
Thank you for your help Brian :)

Brian Boru

I'm so sorry
No worries, we understand a forum takes a bit of getting used to for newbies :)

everyone seemed so friendly
Yep, the regulars here are a great bunch, knowledgeable and helpful.

make my own thread
Sure, fire away. Just be careful about posting links until the rest of the crew recognize you as a genuine member. Links are the spammers currency, so our tightest controls are on those.

Dec 18, 2021
I'm Tommy, just trying to learn about PC gaming to help my teenage son

Hope I am doing this right, I'm just a dad here trying to learn some cool games to get my son for Christmas, I grew up on pinball and Dragons Lair LOL. He has a new gaming PC with the GTX 2060 and an Oculus Quest 2 with link. Thanks guys

HI All, I am Rogue Leader. Some of you may recognize me from Tom's Hardware as I am a moderator over there. But I've always been a fan of PC Gamer and I look forward to interacting with everyone and building this community here.
I remember you from Toms, I'm trying to learn what games to get my son for Christmas, got him his first gaming PC and a nice 27" monitor, PC has a GTX 2060 (best I could afford), can you recommend games for a 16 year old? He likes scary games and is starting to like FPS if that helps. Thanks RL, may the force be with you. I don't know if it was ok to ask you directly, please let me know if I made a mistake.

Last edited by a moderator:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

Latest posts