Why do games start with graphics and FPS set to maximum?

Seriously a lot of games make my graphic card sound like a jet engine until I frantically enter the settings and search for a FPS maximum setting and change it down to 60 or 120 and alter a few other settings.

And why is it that a game is using this much GPU usage when in it's menu?

For starters, you need to give us context with the system that you're working with. Second thing is to include the titles that you're seeing the issue you've vaguely mentioned above. Third, images of your frame rates would also add some meat to the potatoes of the discussion and possible troubleshooting scenario.

Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model.

Reactions: Brian Boru
I should have said that it's generally a more common occurrence and are other people seeing it as an more common issue?

Remember the issue with New World blowing up certain 3090 cards because it was causing unlimited FPS in the first loading screen.

It's really not an issue with my hardware, it's specific games that default to running unlimited FPS that cause issues when your in the menu screens. I.e. when you first run them.

When you actually enter the games it tends to be fine.

I should have said that it's generally a more common occurrence and are other people seeing it as an more common issue?

Remember the issue with New World blowing up certain 3090 cards because it was causing unlimited FPS in the first loading screen.

It's really not an issue with my hardware, it's specific games that default to running unlimited FPS that cause issues when your in the menu screens. I.e. when you first run them.

GPU's should always be running near maximum in games and should not be "blowing up" just because framerates are uncapped even in menu screens. GPUs are manufactured to go all out all the time when in games. I'll frequently see FPS in the 400 to 500 range in menus, and I think nothing of it.

Several reason why your seeing these things..... lots of newer games automatically scan your pc for hardware you have and then set the game up for you but sometimes they get it wrong.

Their are 2 reasons why your gear goes wacko on menus.

Memory leaks .... i had railway empire and cpu hit 100% doing nothing ... they knew about it but never fixed it.

settings optimizer .... i have horizon zero dawn and for some reason the optimiser run s at every launch and this sends the cpu to 100% , if you have the game look at the waterfall in bottom right of the screen , if it is stuttering the optimiser is running.

James Parker

BANNED
Jun 15, 2023
Visit site

I agree that games' infinite FPS might be an issue, particularly during menu screens. This is due to the GPU continuously producing frames even when there is nothing new to show. High temperatures and, in certain situations, hardware damage may result from this.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts