STALKER second launch lowers FPS

Jan 30, 2024
Visit site
Hello. My problem is the following: There is a game called Stalker. Since i play with a modpack conatining 400+ mods, it has it own launcher and installation proces. After i do a clean install, on the first launch with all the shaders on and with pretty high settings i get around 70-80 fps even in the most demanding areas. The problem starts here. On the second launch, i always get like 20 fps less, with the same settings. Is there some cache that is very loaded, or could it be that the mods create a mess. No matter what i change i cant reach the fps that i got after the first launch. Even the gpu is always around 50-60% usage. Could it be that the engine simply does not like my specs, or the mods are too much for it. I really dont know what could cause this fps drop, since i never experienced this in any other game. It always stays the same or gets even better after i optimize it. Thanks in advance.

[Mod edit: changed title for clarity from "Different performance between the first launch and the following ones.".]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Brian Boru
Welcome to the forum :)

On the second launch

Do you reboot between launches? Or only quit game, but relaunch later during same boot session?

What extra apps do you leave running in the background while playing?

Someone more knowledgeable should be along soon. To help you, they will need to know more about your PC specs, especially CPU, GPU, RAM, maybe temperatures.

Jan 30, 2024
Visit site
Welcome to the forum :)

Do you reboot between launches? Or only quit game, but relaunch later during same boot session?

What extra apps do you leave running in the background while playing?

Someone more knowledgeable should be along soon. To help you, they will need to know more about your PC specs, especially CPU, GPU, RAM, maybe temperatures.
Thanks! Here are the specs if needed: I3 10105f, gtx 1650 4gb ddr6 oc version, 16 gb ddr4 3000mhz and a 500w ewga psu. Since i got this pc in 2022 i have never seen the temps of cpu or gpu reach 70 degrees celsius.
After quiting the game i reopen it during the same boot session. Apps like Discord, opera gx and msi afterburner are usually running.

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS