What was the first video game you remember playing?

Page 24 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Nov 2, 2020
Visit site
I don't remember my very first, but it might be one of these. I played many when I was very little.

1. Super Mario Bros Wii
  2. Star Wars the complete saga
  3. A game on one of my parents old ancient phones.
  4. Random Mario flash games on the internet.(I used to browse and look for Mario flash games for a really long time when I was little)
  5. Plants vs Zombies on the WinXP laptop in 2012.

Reactions: Duit
Feb 14, 2020
Visit site
Super Mario Bros. 2 I'm pretty sure. I didn't have any gaming console but I remember playing that at a friend's house and then asking my parents for a Nintendo.

First PC game I played I know for sure: Space Quest 3. My mom was really big into adventure games and I watched her and then she'd help me play some. That's what ended up turning me into a PC gamer, I started buying my own games for her PC... Doom, Dark Forces, Lands of Lore, etc.

Reactions: Zloth
Nov 2, 2020
Visit site
It was the year 1996, I tried Super Mario Bros. on a cousing's NES he ended up giving to me later. I had spent my childhood like any other kid watching cartoons all the day, but the first time I saw how I could control what was happening on the screen with some controller.. a gamer was born that day!

Nov 1, 2020
Visit site
Paratrooper, Karateka and Captain Goodnight on an Apple II that my father brought back from the United States, back in '84. In that green and black monitor, lived every God there ever was.
too cool to hear someone was using apple ii . What was it like(the experience)?

Zloth

Community Contributor
too cool to hear someone was using apple ii . What was it like(the experience)?
Well, two ways of looking at it.

Compared to now? Horrific. You had 48k of RAM and some of that was taken up by the operating system. High rez graphics had 4 colors, including black and white - and that's only if you had one of those pricey color monitors. Sound was done by reading one memory location, which would make the speaker tick so sounds were done by reading the location really fast - the faster you read, the higher the pitch. Games would sometimes flat out stop in order to play sounds! The less said about typing in machine code from magazines the better.

What it was like then? AWESOME! Have you played Ultima 2? It's like D&D but it's got the ENTIRE PLANET and not just once, but four times PLUS every planet in the solar system! (Eat your heart out MS Flight Simulator.) There's even dungeons to go into and they draw out in 3D! And they're big, too! And, when you want to attack something, you just move into it and you attack. You don't have to roll dice and look up in a table if you hit then roll damage and on and on, it just happens! In a split second! It even tracks how hungry you are! Soooo much easier. And nobody has to DM! What? Too expensive? Well, there are these Eamon Adventures that are fun, too, and they're free. No graphics but you still don't have to mess with dice. AND there's one where your character explores the DEATH STAR!! (Though I think that one needed an Apple 2e.)

Last edited:
Reactions: badman

TRENDING THREADS