What was the first video game you remember playing?

Page 22 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Sep 3, 2020
In October 1958, Physicist William Higinbotham created what is thought to be the first video game. It was a very simple tennis game, similar to the classic 1970s video game Pong, and it was quite a hit at a Brookhaven National Laboratory open house.

Reactions: Bullhalsey
Sep 3, 2020
my first game i tried to play was pong i was very young at the time but years later am trying to learn how to play games my partner is helping me learn all i can play is Diablo 3 at the moment am not use to the controls yet ( key board and mouse ) i have some problems with my coordination am only a noob 😬🥴

Jun 2, 2020
I remember many games that I played in my childhood. Don't know the first one, but I remember Bomberman, Sonic, Tetris, The Mummy.

Sep 8, 2020
This is an easy one for me to remember. My first video game ever was Combat on the Atari 2600.

If you want to get into PC Games, my first was Decathlon on the Commodore 64.

On DOS PC, it was Pengo.

And damn I feel old now.

Sep 11, 2020
Pokemon red & yellow on the gameboy lol I was in elementary school when my cousin gave me his old gameboy & that's when i bought pokémon games for it (loved the cartoon as a kid.) So I became hooked immediately to games since lol

Sep 13, 2020
My grandfather, for a time, ran some kind of business that provided arcade games and billiard tables to local bars and restaurants and the like. He brought a lot of his work home with him, so to speak, for us grandkids. And a pool table for the adults during family gatherings. The first game I can recall playing is the tabletop version of Space Invaders II, in his basement.

Later in life, as he got older and could not properly care for all of the various machines he'd gathered over the years, he gifted me the Space Invaders II machine. I was able to keep it until my mid 30s, when circumstances forced me to part with it for far less than it was worth.

Reactions: Zloth
Jan 30, 2020
I know we had a console with Pong, but the first I remember playing would be Radar Rat Race on the Commodore Vic 20

Sep 21, 2020
Spy Hunter for the PS2. I remember it so well because it was the greatest and most fun experience of the entire year. After that, I just couldn't stop playing PS2. Spy Hunter, RE4, Twisted Metal Black, SOCOM, SEGA classics, Onimusha, those were some of my first games ever.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts