Random Game Thoughts Thread - January 01 - 07

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
PS: Do you know what's really scary? When you go to a website or game page that requires you to enter your date of birth, and you have to scroll all the way down to nearly the bottom just to click on the year you were born. It makes me feel old, and that eventually, if I live long enough, I won't even be able to log in to some sites.
I had to do that with a phone app that uses a calendar to set your birthdate. I tapped on the year to change the year, and it didn't do anything. So I was having to scroll month by month from now back to August of 1972, which was going to take me forever. Then my wife grabbed the phone and tapped somewhere else up in the corner, and it let me change the year. :LOL:

website or game page that requires you to enter your date of birth
Be careful about putting in your real DoB in places where you're not definitely required to do so—eg gov, bank, health sites.

When—NB not "if"—these places get hacked, the less real info they have about you, the better.

It really is exhausting being dumb as a rock and bad at everything. Maybe I should just concentrate on…
There's always politics, you're approaching prime running age :D

Zloth

Community Contributor
Oh! Steam sale is almost done and I haven't bought anything yet! At the rate I'm getting through Pathfinder:WotR, though, I don't know if I'll need much else before the Spring sale.
Be careful about putting in your real DoB in places where you're not definitely required to do so—eg gov, bank, health sites.
Yeah, I've been lying to websites about my birthday since they first started asking, back in the days when Netscape was that big, evil company trying to take over the whole internet.

Websites like Can You Run It and others that use the same tests need to update them as no way a RX 7900 XT isn't good enough to run Elden Ring

I can run 3 of the top 100 games.

Pl2Gby1.jpg

I have my doubts.
Pixel & Vertex shaders aren't a thing any more.

I was expecting it to just tell my drivers are old, not that I need a new GPU. Wow, I only had this a few days, they get obsolete so fast

I haven't had a lot of time to play games the last two weeks. I had about an hour yesterday evening and played a bit more Thea 2, but it's not a great game to play in short bursts with days in between sessions. It takes too long to get any meaningful progress, especially since I'm still learning the game.

So I played a bit of The Sims 4 while eating. The upside is that things happen while I'm putting food in my mouth, but it's not very engaging either.

I should really get a new book to read, because I don't think I'll be able to find a game that's enjoyable for me to play in irregular short sessions. However, I'll give it one last try with Kerbal Space Program when it's given away for free on Epic in about three hours.

i should have looked to see what the 3 games were, maybe they are good ones.

I should really get a new book to read, because I don't think I'll be able to find a game that's enjoyable for me to play in irregular short sessions.
journey only takes 90 minutes... in theory. It can never end, its up to you.

I should buy a controller and get that on PC. It would only be 3rd time I bought it.

Reactions: Pifanjr
I have a feeling we chatted re this a bit last year?

I assume you've no interest in solo or casual games?

It's probably every time I've been too busy to play games for a while. I like getting really engaged with a video game and find it hard to get back into a game if I haven't played it in a while.

I've now started Kerbal Space Program and have done all the tutorials except the last two. It's been very enjoyable so far.

Zloth

Community Contributor
Well, according to Steam (and nobody else), Death Stranding is good on the go.

I've been reading Sanderson's Lost Metal. It's the 4th book in the Wax & Wayne series, sequel to the Mistborn series.

We keep getting teased about a possible movie/TV deal for Mistborn, but I wish they would do Wax & Wayne instead. Mistborn is fun, but it's a typical medieval magic setting with a ton of volcanic ash dumped over the whole thing. W&W is more magic cowboys in a Victorian-era city. I think the latter is going to look way better on the screen (big or small), plus it's a more original setting.

@Pifanjr Can I be your assistant?
Good with coffee, and snacks.
I thought you were wanting to help kill Kerbals.

So I finished reading the entire Kerbal Space Program manual at work. Too bad I won't be able to play today :(
It really is a great game. Hope you enjoy it. I'm hoping Kerbal 2 is even better. I guess we'll see. It's not the original devs, so there's no telling.

@Pifanjr Can I be your assistant?
Good with coffee, and snacks.

Absolutely. I don't drink coffee though.

I thought you were wanting to help kill Kerbals.

It really is a great game. Hope you enjoy it. I'm hoping Kerbal 2 is even better. I guess we'll see. It's not the original devs, so there's no telling.

Apparently the original devs have joined in the development of the sequel now. It's been delayed by almost 1.5 years now though and it's only an early access that's releasing next month, so I don't have very high hopes.

Absolutely. I don't drink coffee though.
You are dead to me.

I used to drink 3 or 4 cups a day. I don't even drink it regularly anymore because I've been concentrating on rehydrating in the morning, but I still love a good cup every now and then. My wife, on the other hand, loses her mind if she can't have her caffeine, but most days I don't drink any caffeinated drinks, as I don't drink soft drinks or tea. I'm pretty much a water or Gatorade Zero guy now.

Apparently the original devs have joined in the development of the sequel now. It's been delayed by almost 1.5 years now though and it's only an early access that's releasing next month, so I don't have very high hopes.
The story about the guy who started the whole thing is pretty interesting. He got a job at a marketing agency. If I remember correctly, he was getting ready to turn in his notice, and they told him that if he stayed, they'd let him make his game. So the original game was basically made by an ad agency.

This is his current game: https://store.steampowered.com/app/977920/Balsa_Model_Flight_Simulator/

If I had traveled down this rabbit hole a couple of days ago, I might have bought it during the sale.

You are dead to me.

I used to drink 3 or 4 cups a day. I don't even drink it regularly anymore because I've been concentrating on rehydrating in the morning, but I still love a good cup every now and then. My wife, on the other hand, loses her mind if she can't have her caffeine, but most days I don't drink any caffeinated drinks, as I don't drink soft drinks or tea. I'm pretty much a water or Gatorade Zero guy now.
I'm not really a coffee guy, but I used to drink a Pepsi or Mountain Dew in the morning for my caffeine intake. But I just had hiatal hernia surgery about 3 weeks ago, and as a result, I can't drink anything carbonated for a while. I've been drinking a lot of tea for the caffeine, but wanted something a little different. I searched and found out V8 makes energy drinks with a little lower caffeine count than most energy drinks, but more similar to a cup of coffee. Plus they actually have some health benefits, being V8. I tried the black cherry and orange pineapple ones, and they're decent. They do the job. It's definitely better to not need caffeine, though.

TRENDING THREADS