May 2023 Random Game Thoughts Thread

Page 7 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Portal Gun has to get an honorable mention!
True ! Didnt think of the Portal Gun because its the central gimmick of that game rather than something you can use to break it. Someone made a MP shooter based around it a few years ago.

Mortal Kombat games look so fantastic, especially the fatalities, but I'm so bad I have to use one move in each fight like Low kick, low kick, low kick, low kick... I remember beating Streetfighter with button-mashing Blanacs lightning attack. My friends got angry at me because I would just use one attack all the time, but you have to do what you can to survive man!

I think these new MKs do a good job by having a mode where you can practice combos and stuff. You should really utilize that and then fight against bots in that mode. Its even improved my gameplay and i think im pretty good.

zelda forum
Welcome to the forum :)

Try these:

If you haven't played any of Bioware's Mass Effect or Dragon Age games, but have thought about trying them, there is a huge sale on Steam (on Origin as well) called the Bioware Mega Collection for less than 20 bucks. That's all 4 Mass Effect games (including Andromeda), all 3 Dragon Age games, and all DLC (and there's some huge DLC's there, especially for ME 1 & 2 and DAI).

That's literally hundreds of hours of gameplay, if you're into story-driven, party-based RPGs. Granted, most players who like that type of game have played them by now, but if you haven't, it's really an incredible deal.

hundreds of hours of gameplay
Oh that's a great deal indeed, made me look :) What I saw:

5EgpojW.png

One of the great remasters, not going to buy it again tho—already excellent value for $20 on release—just including it so you guys can see what you could pick up for $10.

I'm buying the other 4 titles there—since I no longer have a CD drive, good to have them on digital. 2 big games, 2 big expansions… for $7.

It's good to be a Patient Gamer :D

Still playing chivalry 2 as the fresh meat is still around but its slowly getting more sweaty each week. Which is fine, i've got to lvl 117 and i've almost finished grinding the season pass being free, i'm going to get to lvl 38 before i call it quits and i'm at 36/37. So... soon.

So whilst thats happening, i've started rise of the tomb raider. Another game long overdue, i bought it like 5 or 6 years ago and i should have gotten round to play it but haven't. All things considered its fun so far. an exciting introduction and start and the gameplay loop is fairly interesting. Although one thing thats got me frowning with contempt atm are the MTX with the various lootboxes for cards and ingame currency that i have absolutely no idea what they're for.

If you haven't played any of Bioware's Mass Effect or Dragon Age games, but have thought about trying them, there is a huge sale on Steam (on Origin as well) called the Bioware Mega Collection for less than 20 bucks. That's all 4 Mass Effect games (including Andromeda), all 3 Dragon Age games, and all DLC (and there's some huge DLC's there, especially for ME 1 & 2 and DAI).

That's literally hundreds of hours of gameplay, if you're into story-driven, party-based RPGs. Granted, most players who like that type of game have played them by now, but if you haven't, it's really an incredible deal.

They won't let me buy it because I already have one of the games in Steam. Oh, well.

Guido and I have been blitzing the V Rising update. Such a great game and the best vampire game in a long time.

I played a bit too much Minecraft today instead of working, but I did make a lot of progress. There's a bunch more machines set up now, but most importantly I now have a drill that mines using energy. No longer will I need to keep crafting new pickaxes because their durability keeps running out. I immediately upgraded it to the highest tier as well and crafted a portable battery to keep it charged. It also has an upgrade so it can mine in a 3x3 area at once. Additionally, I've created a machine that can create specific enchantments so I can add Fortune III to it, giving me a chance of getting additional ores when mining.

It's cost me almost all my gold and a whole bunch of diamonds, but it should make mining a lot more efficient. Also, I can now actually make my own diamonds, but it's not automated yet and requires quite a lot of work.

I played a bit too much Minecraft today instead of working, but I did make a lot of progress. There's a bunch more machines set up now, but most importantly I now have a drill that mines using energy. No longer will I need to keep crafting new pickaxes because their durability keeps running out. I immediately upgraded it to the highest tier as well and crafted a portable battery to keep it charged. It also has an upgrade so it can mine in a 3x3 area at once. Additionally, I've created a machine that can create specific enchantments so I can add Fortune III to it, giving me a chance of getting additional ores when mining.

It's cost me almost all my gold and a whole bunch of diamonds, but it should make mining a lot more efficient. Also, I can now actually make my own diamonds, but it's not automated yet and requires quite a lot of work.
The Galacticraft mod, where you build rockets and travel around the solar system, is a lot of fun, and it works with a number of good tech mods. Just an FYI in case you finish your current playthrough and are looking for something else to do.

The Galacticraft mod, where you build rockets and travel around the solar system, is a lot of fun, and it works with a number of good tech mods. Just an FYI in case you finish your current playthrough and are looking for something else to do.

It looks like it's one of the mods that was never updated past version 1.12 of Minecraft, like a whole bunch of the mods I played with last time.

I'll probably move on to another game after finishing my current playthrough, bur I'll try to keep it in mind if I do ever do a 1.12 playthrough again.

Reactions: Brian Boru
I hate the Nether...

I have to find a Nether Wart, which only grows in Nether Fortresses, which means I have to run around dimension that's filled with enemies (some of which fly) and lava.

I do have boots that freeze lava so I can walk on top of it, which makes navigating a lot easier. The only downside is that they only activate when I'm standing on a block right on the edge of the lava, meaning they don't work if I fall in.

I have died twice so far. Luckily I have automatic backups, but they're not very frequent, so I've lost about half an hour of playtime.

I should probably just get a means of flying before I try again.

It looks like it's one of the mods that was never updated past version 1.12 of Minecraft, like a whole bunch of the mods I played with last time.

I'll probably move on to another game after finishing my current playthrough, bur I'll try to keep it in mind if I do ever do a 1.12 playthrough again.
Fantastic mod. He has updated it extensively since then, but keeps it at 1.12 because so many of the tech mods stayed there. Most fun I ever had in Minecraft.

I hate the Nether...

I have to find a Nether Wart, which only grows in Nether Fortresses, which means I have to run around dimension that's filled with enemies (some of which fly) and lava.

I do have boots that freeze lava so I can walk on top of it, which makes navigating a lot easier. The only downside is that they only activate when I'm standing on a block right on the edge of the lava, meaning they don't work if I fall in.

I have died twice so far. Luckily I have automatic backups, but they're not very frequent, so I've lost about half an hour of playtime.

I should probably just get a means of flying before I try again.
XD I love the Nether, but I'm Mr. Careful. Don't think I've ever fallen into lava there. If you want to actually finish the game you have to camp at those spawners where the floating fire/lava creatures spawn and get their rods. Been almost 10 years since I really played and I don't remember their names.

Also, I love the glowstone, or whatever it's called. Makes your base so much more attractive. Quartz makes for nice flooring, too, but building is the only reason I ever played Minecraft, so nice flooring probably means more to me than it does to you lol

Just remembered we used to put minecarts in the nether for super fast travel across long distances. I think for every block you travel in the Nether you travel 10 blocks in the overworld. Something like that.

McStabStab

Community Contributor
Such a good game. I did the same, didnt use any of the Typhon skills because it felt like a bad idea for my character. Been meaning to play it again full time and do the opposite, some of the powers look like a lot of fun.

The Gloo gun is great fun to mess around with, make stairs with, block doors, or just Gloo up enemies and shotgun/wrench the hell out of them. Best weird physics weapon I've seen in a game since the Gravity gun in HL2 IMO.
I'm sure I've said this here before, but Prey is an amazingly designed game... except for the combat. I loathed the combat. If I played it again I'd probably lower the difficulty just so the fights won't annoy me.

I'm sure I've said this here before, but Prey is an amazingly designed game... except for the combat. I loathed the combat. If I played it again I'd probably lower the difficulty just so the fights won't annoy me.
Fair enough, its been a while but I dont remember disliking the combat. Think I used the Gloo Gun quite a bit to freeze stuff and wrench it early on, and later in combo with the upgraded shotgun against the bigger Typhons.

I dont remember finding it frustrating, but then again I probably came into it off of Sekiro around that time so might have been numb to that kind of thing then :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS