June 2023 Random Game Thoughts Thread

Page 8 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
So... the steam summer sale has started and honestly its sort of crept up on me and when i looked at the deals i felt indifferent to the whole thing. No killer deals that stand out, the same usual discounts for the same games. Which kinda makes me feel like i should continue to wait for now.

moving onto games, Anno 1404 main campaign done. i had tor replay the last mission 3 times and saved scum the penultimate bit to get the glass i needed to beat the cardinal. Also a lot of luck and desperation as i practically turned the island into one large glass factory just to survive. But its done now. i'm currently playing the venetian expansion pack to see what thats like whether i want to play on or just stop as they "scenarios" and not another campaign exactly.

One of the main reasons i played anno 1404 was because i wanted anno 1800 and wanted to get a feel for what to expect from the game and sate my urges to get anno 1800 by playing 1404.

So after i'm done with anno 1404, i'm not exactly sure what to play next. i need to first figure out the genre and then decide what in my unplayed list i need to play. Won't be another strategy game nor an RPG or adventure/puzzle/crafting game yet. that said, having finished the rise of the tomb raider, i'm not sure if i want another action\adventure game either...

might check over my epic collection and see what i can tick off.

I haven't had much time to play on my PC, so I've tried a bunch of new mobile games. Which means playing each game for a couple of hours before I run into a pay wall and/or the gameplay becomes stale. It reminds me of playing Flash games, but with more monetization.
Playing mobile games is like kissing female Satan. It's exciting for awhile. Then it tries to take your soul and you quit, feeling dirty inside.

@Kaamos_Llama You still enjoying Per Aspera? It's 60 percent off on Steam right now.
Still liking it, still havent finished a campaign. It might lack some replayability, as theres stuff that happens will only be a surprise once, but also that stuff is pretty interesting. I got it for 11.99 a couple weeks ago maybe, no complaints.

I think almost everything in the Steam sale that I have any interest in has been that price before. Might buy Guardians of the Galaxy as I heard good things and its reasonable.

Scanning through AC Valhalla is €14.99 even I'm tempted at that price. Dark Souls 3 is on sale €29.99! I bought it for 15 in 2018.

Steam sales used to be way better in my day.

Still liking it, still havent finished a campaign. It might lack some replayability, as theres stuff that happens will only be a surprise once, but also that stuff is pretty interesting. I got it for 11.99 a couple weeks ago maybe, no complaints.

I think almost everything in the Steam sale that I have any interest in has been that price before. Might buy Guardians of the Galaxy as I heard good things and its reasonable.

Scanning through AC Valhalla is €14.99 even I'm tempted at that price. Dark Souls 3 is on sale €29.99! I bought it for 15 in 2018.

Steam sales used to be way better in my day.
I bought Cliff Empire and Infraspace. I'm hoping the logistics of Infraspace are interesting enough to keep me in it. I've been wanting a sci-fi city builder for awhile now, and I think Cliff Empire fits the bill.

I started to buy Factoriods, but I found a user review that completely turned me off it.

Considering Dave the Diver and Elden Ring. I just haven't been in the mood for action games lately, and I'm afraid I'd just be wasting money. Course, that's never stopped me before.

I lost the tutorial to Cliff Empire :ROFLMAO: Tutorial was really boring. It was telling me exactly what to build, so I would place it down on the map, wait a couple of minutes for it to be built, then do whatever it told me next.

I was in a very impatient mood, so I accelerated time and just started building whatever seemed interesting. Some time after that was when I ran out of food. :)

I actually just bought the game for the sandbox building. Probably won't play the campaign at all.

Jun 28, 2023
Visit site
So everyone raves about God of War, and now its on discount again (and on my Steam wishlist) but I'm hesitating to pull the trigger. I love a good story based adventure, so it should technically be a good fit but I'm still somehow not convinced.

Some fan of the game here care to shed some light on why its worth buying and playing in 2023?

Reactions: Kaamos_Llama
God of War
You may find something useful in this:

Reactions: Kaamos_Llama

Zloth

Community Contributor
Oh yeah, that's me—dropped spaghetti would drive me nuts… er, more nuts :D
In X3, you would create factories by dropping station nodes that built something out in space then telling the game to make a station out of them. Mining nodes were a bit special - you would put one on an asteroid, then haul the whole asteroid near your station to have it included. The way the game made the station was to hook all the nodes together via long tubes. Predicting how the tubes would end up was almost impossible.

So you get stations like this. (It's far and faint, so it won't show up well unless you go full screen.)

So everyone raves about God of War, and now its on discount again (and on my Steam wishlist) but I'm hesitating to pull the trigger. I love a good story based adventure, so it should technically be a good fit but I'm still somehow not convinced.

Some fan of the game here care to shed some light on why its worth buying and playing in 2023?
I liked it quite a bit. Its not truly open world if you're after that kind of thing, but it does have wide open areas to explore. The combat is pretty good, not as deliberate as a soulslike but something of that to it. I liked the story, but no way of knowing if it will interest you as well.

Last edited:

Very well done game. Combat is great, faster than Dark Souls, which is good in my opinion. Story is well done. World is interesting.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts