Diablo 4

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Its too early to tell, its just a beta and they only have 3 characters this weekend. They introducing 2 more classes next week - Druid & Necro. Only act 1 of game "supposedly" and the progress in beta won't carry over to live so I just wait and see what changes are patched in after reviews.

Its slow until lvl 15

I hope with world bosses and the like, that the people there who only made wow for last 10 years, aren't making Diablo into an mmo.

So I watched this and I hope they change how gear levels are dealt with. As Krip says, the Legendary you find this level won't be amazing in about 3 more lvls. Legendary gear should only drop rarely and be something you can build a character around, not some throw away item you need to replace 3 levels later

Sacred 2 the gear levels changed on set pieces every 15 lvls or so. Grim Dawn you can find similar armour at lvl 35 and lvl 50.
Both of those give you time to use and enjoy the equipment before it needed to be replaced.
D4 sounds like you constantly need to look at gear to find that amazing upgrade that only works for 4 levels before you need another one.

How they did gear and reduce the items importance and elevate the stats instead, means people won't be looking for the perfect items, but instead want to collect the perfect stats. Less likely to be able to sell those. In 3rd party markets. Blizz tried to take the money with the AH, now they saying no one can have it if they can't

Monsters levelling up with you means no sense of progress, you don't feel any more powerful than you were before levelling up,. if anything you can feel worse as the percentage of power gained by them might be larger than your gains. It should be sane, if you level up during a dungeon, they should be the lower level until after you complete it. Not change level right away.

One of my concerns is gone, the beta had increased legendary drop rates. So actual game, they won't drop like candy. This could have a negative effect on how some classes will deal with doing and taking damage. The druid and Barb seem to start out slow but can be OP once they have gear.
But it means you won't be decked out in them by lvl 25 in actual game.
Some people think this is a bad thing but really, if max level is 80 or something, being OP by lvl 25 is too soon. No progression.

Necro seems to be easy mode in most games they are in. Hard for pc to seperate the plans and actions of enemies and pets, so in Grim Dawn the pets know where the mobs will appear, amazing anticipation of birds. I haven't played Last Epoch enough to know for sure in there. But once you have a pack of auto attacks around you, its only if you run away from them that it can get dangerous.

For 15 years I played ARPG and none of them had an end game
Now POE has added one, suddenly everyone wants to have an end game.
Funny, I was sure idea of the game is just to just make strongest character, having an end is antithetical to the games I play...

end game basically means EVERYTHING until then is a waste of time. Next they let you make max lvl characters as why actually play game until then. This is the wow disease. In that game there must be lots of areas no one ever goes to now. I used to like levelling up but too many just wanted to get to end and do dungeons... to get pretty purple epics.

Before I ever played Journey, I knew it was about getting to end, not actually being there.

end game basically means EVERYTHING until then is a waste of time
It's often the opposite for me, the Journey is what it's all about—get it, huh, huh?

On my 3rd Far Cry 6 playthru at the moment, only thing certain is I won't go anywhere near the endgame—all the fun is in getting to a certain point, accomplishing the goals I want to achieve, and that's it.

Don't let the devs dictate your enjoyment of a game, especially with artificial or meaningless objectives :)

Reactions: Frindis
It's often the opposite for me, the Journey is what it's all about—get it, huh, huh?
NO idea what you mean

Before I ever played Journey, I knew it was about getting to end, not actually being there.

On my 3rd Far Cry 6 playthru at the moment, only thing certain is I won't go anywhere near the endgame—all the fun is in getting to a certain point, accomplishing the goals I want to achieve, and that's it.
that is what i did with fallout NV. Mind you, I have never finished it. I don't like ends.

Reactions: Brian Boru
I am all for endgame in ARPGs as long as the mechanics are interesting and progressive and the journey toward it fruitful. By fruitful I mean a solid campaign that is preparing you for the endgame and that is fun leveling in. Endgame for me is where the fun begins as it is where you can test out different builds and see just how powerful you are. It is the place for min/maxing and getting a deeper understanding of what makes or breaks your character.

As for wanting power leveling, I think this is understandable when you have played a couple of characters and want to zoom through the campaign, but I can't say I am for the use of boosters like the ones you often find in MMOs. In WoW, for example, I preferred the old days of leveling your alt when you could bring a higher toon or even multibox several characters at once if you wanted to. WoW has been implementing new content to low-level zones from what I understand, not sure in what scope.

There is a new exciting thing happening in the WoW Classic community now through a hardcore classic addon that basically makes you roleplay your character with only ONE life. If Blizzard also implements this to their own classic servers there will be a major boost in revisiting old content for sure. This is such a cool addon that I am almost tempted at jumping into classic myself just so I can see how far I can go with one life.

Reactions: Brian Boru

Sarafan

Community Contributor

specs. They don't list 1440p but as CPU requirements are same for both 1080p and 4k ultra, I can guess what CPU you need. I have a 6 core AMD so I expect I be fine. Not at all concerned about GPU

It won't be a demanding game I guess. It has a quite decent optimization. I don't want to know what would the community do if Blizzard released a game troubled with performance problems similar to the Jedi Survivor... :p

Diablo 4 will have its last open beta next weekend on May 12-14, starting at 12PM PT. It will be nice for them to stress-test the servers/get more feedback before the launch in June and we'll be able to get some cosmetic stuff and a bit more look at the changes they have done so far. Rumors have it that the Druid will be the most OP class now, so no more 7dmg attacks.

Sarafan

Community Contributor
Diablo 4 will have its last open beta next weekend on May 12-14, starting at 12PM PT. It will be nice for them to stress-test the servers/get more feedback before the launch in June and we'll be able to get some cosmetic stuff and a bit more look at the changes they have done so far. Rumors have it that the Druid will be the most OP class now, so no more 7dmg attacks.

I'm pretty sure the servers will crash on the release date anyway. :p This was the case basically for every Blizzard game since Diablo 3. I'll be amused if they manage to avoid this. :)

Its tradition, Every online game has server issues first day, no matter how many servers they have ready. I guess there might be exceptions but they are rare. Could be some cases of too many servers and not enough demand, but that generally happens to MMO after a few years. Expect it will happen with this too.

Reactions: Pifanjr
server issues first day, no matter how many servers they have ready
They'll have as many as needed available via instant scaling thru Azure, AWS or similar—and CDNs may have a role too, dunno.

Problems may be due to load balancing software needing tweaking—or it could be deliberate PR stunt "OMG our game is so popular with the whole world, it caused the sky to fall!"

TRENDING THREADS