Diablo 4

Amazing, no posts on this yet...

I didn't realise its 10 years since Diablo 3 came out. So we get a new Diablo game every 10 years?
I wish I had known that when 2 came out and I spent 8 years or so trying to find a replacement. I would have just stopped looking

D2 - 2002
D3 - 2012
D4 - 2022?

Story tech? If you playing Diablo games for the story, you doing it wrong. I couldn't care less what story is in game really, its just there to open a new area up or was... D4 is open world. As long as you can skip the cut scenes I won't care.
After a recent Diablo game, I am not salivating at the idea of Diablo 4. I don't believe them anymore.

Last edited:
Video has no gameplay. I don't care about stupid integrated cut scenes and making story more immersive. Its like they don't understand the game they are making... guess 20 years since the last good one was released, everyone who worked on it long gone. Last time they tried to make it WOW, this time... I am not sure who they are copying. Long time since they were innovators.

Guess I have to wait for release. I am not going to learn anything believable until its out.

Im waiting with baited breath for Diablo 4. First of all Blizzard just seems like a toxic company to support, esp. after how they released and handled Diablo Immortal and it has just been a real turnoff to invest in any future plans with the Diablo franchise. I also hope they dont guard runes with bad rng like they do with Diablo 2 where you cant get one even if you have played for 20 years.

Video has no gameplay. I don't care about stupid integrated cut scenes and making story more immersive. Its like they don't understand the game they are making... guess 20 years since the last good one was released, everyone who worked on it long gone. Last time they tried to make it WOW, this time... I am not sure who they are copying. Long time since they were innovators.

Guess I have to wait for release. I am not going to learn anything believable until its out.

Facts, im in total agreement with you here.

Jul 18, 2022
Visit site
I am very much on the fence with this, Blizzard seems to be in a mess and I am getting a "Milk the Cow" for what it's worth vibe before Microsoft gets it hands on it officially. I don't know how much they'll have control over..

I have @Colif preaching all the bad stuff to me and it's putting me off Diablo and Blizzard as a whole. Which is quite bad, given that I love those games.

On the other hand @Frindis is preaching to me to enjoy things for what they are, be free and let the hate fly away.

And on the third hand I've got @Brian Boru preaching to let the hate flow and set fire to everything.

I'm a sucker and will still probably purchase Diablo 4 even if to see I can find @Colif in town with his P2W Wings equipped.

Part 4 of arpg is almost unknown territory. Most series have stopped before part 4, or been killed off by bad games
  • Sacred 3
  • Torchlight 3
ugh...

So I don't know. I couldn't sleep night before Diablo 3 was released.. had to wait till 8am to play the thing. I will watch any game play videos I see before... probably pre order.. but no rush. I don't care about any bonuses, just makes it easier if game already installed. Not going to buy some silly over priced collectors edition.

Wings are silly. If all they charge for is cosmetics, its going to be a cheap game for me.

I probably play single player so I doubt you see me at all. Unless I have no choice. I know it will be online only but shouldn't be a shared world unless you want it.

see I can find @Colif in town with his P2W Wings equipped
Look up, you'll see him.

@Frindis — let the hate fly away.
@Brian Boru … set fire to everything
Frindis and I have reached an agreement, which will hold until I can tie his flappy ears under his chin to shut him up once and for all.

Frindis will release the hate on my command "Pull!";
I will then have 2 fire arrows to take my best shots—but we all know I'll only need one, the other is in case that's when a winged Colif happens by.

Sarafan

Community Contributor
I was waiting for the game, but they discouraged me heavily by the microtransations. Right now we're unsure what will be the scale of those. There are rumors that they'll be focusing only on cosmetics and while that's acceptable I suspect they may want to make the game an MMO similar to Diablo Immortal. This means not only constant online requirement, but also an open road for p2w elements. What more, they can change the type of microtransactions after the release of the game leaving a lot of players who don't accept them in the lurch. If the microtransactions will do something more than provide cosmetics, probably I won't buy the game.

That other Diablo game which shall remain nameless was meant to be an introduction to the Diablo world to Asian market, so temptation to make it exactly the same must be high. If release order had been different we wouldn't be questioning their actions... misstep on their behalf

Problem with 10 years between games is you can forget what previous one was like when new one is announced. Unless you been playing seasons in multiplayer, you can only play it so long before you get bored.

Open world sounds interesting, playing stages in your chosen order rather than a set one. Could be good. Not many open areas in previous games, hope its not a big empty world. Videos I seen are very dull, not much color... remembers complaints before D3 being same, they included Whimsyshire as a reply to that then. I haven't watched much yet.

Any idea when its meant to be released?

think I know who they copying

Path of Exile. I get a feeling just watching this

I am old enough to remember all releases of Diablo wery well. I bought Warcraft 2 and on the CD was the intro for Diablo 1 as a promo for the uppcomming game. Me and a friend watched it over and over and were so hyped about this Diablo thing (we were 16 at the time). Diablo 1 came one year later and we played it for months. When diablo 2 was announced we were just as hyped and, well, we played diablo 2 for years and still do sometimes. Diablo 3 was so hyped and we were so looking forward to it, then we started to see the clouds, the Allways online, RMAH, and the cartoony CRFX. We started to get a bit worried but we were still hoping. Game was released, total mess, Inferno wasn't even properly tested and the dificullity spikes were just insane. People just bought stuff on AH instead. We managed to finnish Inferno eventyally and didnt play D3 again till Reaper came out. The game now is a pretty good game, but it still isn't realy a Diablo game for me. So... now.. i am 43 years old, sitting here waiting for Diablo 4 and.. well... I am actually not that hyped... :(

Sarafan

Community Contributor
Game was released, total mess, Inferno wasn't even properly tested and the dificullity spikes were just insane. People just bought stuff on AH instead.

Thankfully they removed the auction house and Reaper of Souls converted the game in one of the better hack 'n' slashes on the market. Still I think that Diablo should have a darker and more gloomy atmosphere. Diablo 2 Resurrected does it very well. From what I've seen on the trailers of Diablo 4, it should ok when we're talking about the overall game climate. The microtransactions are my main concern...

D3 was hella dark

so careful complaining about it being too bright, that was their reaction last time.

I didn't like the way levelling worked in D3. Up until that game, I would play 1 style and then restart the same character and play using some other skills... no need. Every character in a class gets all skills. No variety, cookie cutter builds. I hate the Meta. Play how you want, don't play to have best builds all the time. Boring. So I didn't care, I still made 2 of each class.

Wish they be more open with extra bank space. Tl3 it was a mod, Blizz never ever give it free, can charge you for it.

No matter how much space I am given, I always run out.

Thankfully they removed the auction house and Reaper of Souls converted the game in one of the better hack 'n' slashes on the market. Still I think that Diablo should have a darker and more gloomy atmosphere. Diablo 2 Resurrected does it very well. From what I've seen on the trailers of Diablo 4, it should ok when we're talking about the overall game climate. The microtransactions are my main concern...
One of my biggest problems with D3 when it came to atmosphere were the (would be hillarious if it wasn't so sad) BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA Disney bosses and their taunt dialogues :( Reaper made D3 a good wacka wacka game but the envireoments etc are still Cartoonygoof. I have played Reaper quiote a bit though.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Immortal (no, not going to) at least was close in game play to what Diablo 3 is like. Scared 3 (refuse to use real name) is such a pale imitation of what the previous games were. They slapped lipstick on a pig that had the name but none of the depth. It was a trap for anyone who knew the first two games and expected the same. they released game before Review embargo was lifted... not a trap at all

Immortal was at least released as a mobile game first, you sort of know what to expect there. Scared 3 wasn't

doesn't compare to

I don't know if I had Dungeon Siege 3, would have to look... I know I played them but I don't remember them.

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts