Giveaway Win one of three Assassin's Creed Valhalla Gold Edition Keys from PC Gamer!

Page 13 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
My main reason for wanting to play AC is my old feeling to AC 3 and black flag mmmm the best 2 for me i played 50% of black flag with out sound. I enjoyed odyssey because of the fantasy monster (mediossa ...) And i like everything about Viking.so my hopes to AC Valhalla is so big.

Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
Oh man so many Assassin creed games are great. From the first game I just was stunned about this universe ubisoft has created from inside the animus and out. The mystery surrounding outside part of the game to inside the game about the pieces of Eden. Then the game getting even wilder with Ezio storylines.

Gameplay wise I very much enjoyed Black Flag and its pirate themed missions and atmosphere from the sea shanties and hunting various treasures at sunken ships and hunting marine wildlife I love that one to pieces.

Second place would have to also be AC: Syndicate. Amazing templar Crawford Starrick and his amazing mustache cool tempered till the twins ruined most his plans. Probably my favorite villain in that games. Oh man, once you unlock the grappling hook that really made it a solid game for me. Zipping around just was great.

Reason I'm looking forward to new AC: Valhalla is that its related to my ancestor background. Some of the game features as well I'm a huge fan of. Establishing town and building on it is one of those features. One thing I liked about AC games of the past but that last few have forgotten that and its nice to see this coming back. The general timeframe as well is one my favorites. Great Britain and its king and queens and knights. Alfred the Great and the heathen army.

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
My favourite Assassin's creed game is Assassin's creed odyssey because of the very impactful choices in the story of the game. I spent around a 100 hours with the game and I loved it

Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
TBH, my all time AC Favourite is Black Flag, atleast for the "Ship and Travel" part. When Odyssey is also had that feature, it doesnt feel same. There is no "Boom" kinda sound if you war using ship well its obvious because they not on same year, i just prefer Black Flag than other AC Games. I just hope they make another AC on that period of time, and larger map.

For the Valhalla, i am looking forward to play this game because i want to know about AC Story and Little bit about "Mindblowing" History since maybe its not accurate histroy but its still good to know what happen in that period of time while playing game.

But yeah, AC Black Flag is my favourite AC Games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
I played AC Odyssey, and the religious/mythological side quests were one of my favorite parts. They were inspired by ancient lore and mythology, and fighting the minotaur and meeting pericles was really cool to be able to do. It looks like Valhalla will also draw heavily from history as well, so I'm excited!

Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
It's kinda hard to choose only one but I think the most memorable AC for me it's the Black Flag, or, how I like to call it, Assassin's of Caribbean because pirates and the awesome legendary ship battles definitely stand off in the games until this day. And now we have the opportunity to play as vikings and learn more about the nordic mythology living as an Assassin, theres no way this isn't going to be fun!

Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
My favourite Assassin's Creed games are:
-AC 2 (Story was good, collecting the feathers wasn't and also this was my first AC game)
-AC Origins (Story was good, and i loved it's new features. I actualy like how Ubisoft started implementing mythologies into the AC games, Its a great change.)
-Rogue (Story wasn't the best but it was interesting. Also Shay is probably the best looking assassin out there. I loved his armour.)

Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
AC2 - the story, collectibles and whole Italy setting was awsome, also Ezio was really well made character.I wait for awsome stories and well written characters in AC Valhalla, since Viking setting can lead to some quite interesting plots as we can see in other medias in popculture.

Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
I played few AC,1,3,Syndicate,unity,black flag and Odyssey. The only one I really enjoyed and loved was Odyssey,good combat system,beautiful landscapes,nice skills,good plot and of course Kassandra. I completed it 100% in 150 hours,including the season pass. If I win this one I'm sure I will do the same too.

Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
The first Assassin's Creed game I have played was Assassin's Creed III, which is also the day I have purchased my very first pc set up. It then becomes my favorite of the series, especially the outfit, the combat. Vikings was always my dream setting along with World War, Russian, really looking forward to see some improvement from origin and odyssey, especially odyssey as the world is too big and the end game is too repetitive. I do hope Ubisoft would go back to the old day's Assassin's Creed style one day, it was just so much fun!!

May 5, 2020
Visit site
My favorite is probably Unity. The story might not have been the best but the gameplay is absolutely amazing. Granted I started playing after it was fixed but still. The game is severely underrated

I would have to say that my favorite Assassin's Creed game is probably Assassin's Creed 3. AC3 was my first introduction into the series and I fell in love with it instantly. Assassin's Creed is one of the franchises that got me more and more into gaming and I cannot wait for Valhalla. Personally I've really enjoyed a lot of the new innovations in the game systems/mechanics and I really like the direction Valhalla is heading in!! I just can't wait for launch!

Reactions: karamjan
Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
I would have to say Assassins Creed 2. It holds a special place since it was one of the first games i played seriously till the end back in college after i saw it on my room mates laptop. The amazing story combined with the refreshing gameplay of its time made it truly a breathtaking experience. It got me into gaming and into the assassins creed series.

Assassins creed Valhalla bring new mechanics to the series and honestly i appreciate where it is taking Assassins creed as a Whole. This seems like a game i can dip tens of hours into and still discover something new. Really curious to see where Layla's journey takes her.

Reactions: karamjan
Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
Hey, I'm looking forward to playing Valhalla because I love the Norse mythology and the Vikings in general. I think Valhalla will be the perfect game to learn more about it and I also hope it'll bring back some old AC features ( they announced the return of the hidden blade etc., I'm really excited for this)

Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
Assassins Creed 2=Assassins Creed Black Flag, the best AC games no doubt, hoping Valhalla to be as good as both of them, I need something that makes me feel like a child again while I´m in this infinite quarantine jajajaja

Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
I like all of them to varying degree's but i guess id have to say Brotherhood, with Black Flag coming in 2nd. Brotherhood improves upon everything in 2, the building the brotherhood mechanic was a welcome addition, Cesare is probably the best villain in the whole franchise plus the whole borgia family and its nice to explore Rome as the ever so charismatic ezio and rebuilding the brotherhood. Its hard to say nowadays which one is my definitive favorite since again, i like them all to varying degrees but if i HAD to say, it'd be brotherhood with black flag a close 2nd

Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
Love the fairly recent change to AC games(Odyssey is my nr1 right now) that made them feel like proper rpgs, but my favourite thing would definetely be combat it's lots of fun.

I was very excited after watching the Valhalla trailer becouse I adore norse mythology, culture and environment. I think it might just become my new favourite AC game.

Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
I would say its AC3 because it was my first ever AC game it reminds me the time when i entered AC world. Also the game is incredibly awesome, there is something great in storyline which makes you learn important things for your life (like your family,nation,friendship and more). Combat system,atmosphere,real persons from history and a lot of things as well which i can talk about! Good luck to everyone! #UBIFORWARD

Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
For me, it would have to be Black Flag. My dad brought a PS3 from his friend and Black Flag was one of the games that I got with the console. I had only heard of Assassin's Creed and never played it. After playing the game for more than 40 hours, catching all of those irritating sea shanties and battling that Man-of-war (while having a massively under-leveled ship), Black Flag was responsible for some of my favorite moments with my PS3.

With Origins, the game became more RPG focused and that revitalized the franchise. I enjoyed exploring the secrets of Egypt and battling the gods and the myths.

With Odyssey, Assassin's Creed told the stories of the Greek Mythology (my favorite since the God of War Games) and the sheer size and dedication put in the game made me invest over 100 hours in the game and that too happily. The Fate of Atlantis DLC was one of the best DLCs I had played as the Atlantis story was well done and because it portrayed the Greek Gods spectacularly.

Now Valhalla seems to have perfected the path laid down by Origins and Odyssey. Valhalla tells the story of the Nordic gods and this game has me excited because not many games have delved into the Nordic culture. This decade has been dominated by the Marvel movies and my first exposure to the Nordic gods was these movies only. As I don't have a PS4, I couldn't play the only other game based on Nordic mythology i.e. God Of War but I really look forward to playing Valhalla on my PC now.
I would love to get a copy of this game and I look forward to playing this game, even if I'm not of the lucky 3 to get a copy.

Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
Fav AC game: AC Origins

"Why you're looking forward to playing Valhalla": Because i want to take a last closer look at the gods/mythical creatures/vikings before i destroy the whole norse pantheon with Kratos and Atreus, next year :D

fbc

Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
My favourite game is AC Brotherhood because Ezio is a great character, and the mechanic of training other assassins was very entertaining.

Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
My favourite AC game hands down is Unity. A lot of stealth, Paris, crowded areas. Playing the missions with your buddies and winning the online activities was hella fun!

Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
I started playing Assassin’s Creed in the months leading up to Assassin’s Creed Revelations and it’s basically been a series that has become a staple in my hard drive. As a history major and an aspiring history teacher, I always appreciated Assassin’s Creed being a work of historical fiction and diving into the little known areas of history.

But my most favorite game of the series has to be Assassin’s Creed 1. Because this is the game that set the foundation of the series and introduced us to the Assassins and Templars. The mechanics were not that complex as later installments, but I always felt awesome roaming the streets of Jerusalem, investigating the conspiracies that plagued it and the other cities, while also diving into the dogma of the Assassin Brotherhood.

The Present Day storyline also intrigued me, as it made use of only three rooms (four if you count the bathroom) and yet Desmond’s time as a prisoner in Abstergo constantly hinted to a deeper conflict and eventually revealing the identity of Abstergo as the modern front of the Templar Order. This was well done as its limited set pieces in the modern day didn’t overshadow the importance of the past. In the end, Altair’s own growth were what spurred Desmond’s (both emotionally and physically.)

Plus, as a history lover, Assassin’s Creed sparked my interest in the crusades and what caused them. Indeed, a work of fiction, but many characters in the simulations were real people (who would’ve thought there was an actual sanctuary of Assassins in the mountain?!)

Flashforward to Valhalla: I once again look forward to Ubisoft covering some of the lesser known facts of history and how they will portray both the Viking Raiders of Northern Europe and the Kingdoms of England. Alongside building up a settlement and building up your forces, I’m interested in seeing how they show the daily life of Norse villages.

Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
My favorite so far has been assassin's creed origins due it's gameplay mechanics that were very fun , I look forward to valhalla as I've always been interested in vikings and their history

Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
My first AC game ever was, indeed, the first AC game. I was 12 at the time the game has released. Blown away by the graphics, the gameplay, the lore, however... I didnt have a PC or console to play. Tried everything, as a 12 year old kid could. Than, a few years later, my parents finally bought me a computer which could, actually, play some games! Max settings too! Man... I was living the dream.

The year was 2011. Revelations just came out. I was so hyped to play, but I decided to go for chronological order. I even bought AC 2 from a magazine, here in Brazil! After a few weeks, I was finally playing Reveletions. Finishing Desmond and Ezio's journey was... fantastic! Never felt so immersed into a game. Knew everything and, still, wanting more.

The years go by and Im finally in college. Unfortunately, my computer was no longer a great one and I was so busy studying, trying to make a living. Didnt have much time to spend. It was long four years of my life that made me a better person.

At the end of 2017, I had a job and my own money! Just got a fantastic rig. Got AC Odyssey Ultimate Edition. Pre order. Holy ****. I have almost 200 hours between normal and NG+, however never got the plat for it. A shame, I know.

Now, we are in 2020. The year is a mess. Chaos, not being able to see my family, friends its being tough. But we never had a better time to play as of now. We need this to get through the rest of the year and the pandemic.

Assassins Creed has been part of my growing, of my life. Thanks for all.
And hey! Hope you guys are safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS