Giveaway Win one of three Assassin's Creed Valhalla Gold Edition Keys from PC Gamer!

Page 10 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
Assassin's creed 4 is actually one of my favorite games from assassin's creed series. Thanks to the interesting naval combat and the good stories. Then it is followed by ac origins with its cool character and more freedom of gameplay.
Thus, after knowing back then when ac valhalla is directed by the same guy, I am pretty much pumped to play the game. As I expect the story and the gameplay will be good based on my personal experience before

Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
My favorite Assassin's Creed is for sure Black Flag. Not only am I a huge fan of the Golden Age of Piracy theme, I also loved Edward Kenway as a character since I see myself in him as well. Watching the character grow and go through everything was an enjoyable experience, something I will never forget. I believe in Valhalla to deliver the hype, I think Ubisoft really went all the way to make something beautiful for everyone, personally I'm excited about the exploration and settlement.

Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
I'm looking forward to playing Valhalla because the world looks expansive where I can get lost in the adventure and mythology. I'm a 20 yr retired military veteran so its my time to sit back, enjoy a good, long game and some much deserved rest & relaxation.

Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
As someone who's enjoyed nearly every entry in the franchise, choosing a favorite is tough for me. 2, Brotherhood, Black Flag, Origins and Odyssey stand out as the ones I spent the most time with and had an absolute blast. I think I'm going for Brotherhood as my favorite, as I remember it being one of the very few games I actually managed to 100%. Black Flag would probably be a close second.
Anyway, I'm super hyped for Valhalla because I very much enjoy the new direction the series has taken (while also loving the earlier games) and Valhalla looks like more of that, but with some exciting new mechanics and QoL fixes that Odyssey desperately needed.

Thank you for this amazing giveaway!

Reactions: Fenris Wolf
Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
I am just so excited fo his game. I love what Ubisoft did with origins and oddysey. And now it's going into one of my favourite historical eras. I would love to play this game.

Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
My favorite Assassin's Creed games were Odyssey and Assassin's Creed III. I really enjoyed the setting of both games. I love greek mythology and the ancient greek culture as well as ACIII's American Revolutionary War time period. I'm also looking forward to play AC Valhalla because of the time period it will show us and introduce us more to the life of vikings with the twist of Assassins.

Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
It's a tough one between Odyssey and Black Flag. Black Flag is truly AC game I fell in love with. It's pretty much perfect in many ways. Sailing your ship with your crew made it a really personal experience even though you didn't know anyone on the ship but Adewale, and since then Ubisoft weren't able to capture this again. Story wise it is one of the best character arcs that AC has had (Ezio is a better arc, but he had 3 games to flesh that out).
On the other hand Odyssey is balls to the wall insane, which I wanted from AC for a long time. All those monsters and gods (in DLC) and Atlantis... It felt so good to actually finally see the side of AC that was only teased up until this point or sometimes wasn't even teased at all in some games, and that side didn't disappoint me. Sure, Odyssey doesn't have sea battles that are as fun as Black Flag, but it's on-land gameplay is much better in my opinion. I guess if I had to choose, it would be Black Flag, because not gonna lie, I almost cried at the very end of Edward's journey, while I didn't feel particular attachment to the character in Odyssey.

I would also have Revelations and Rogue as runner ups because I feel like both of those don't get enough love, even though emotionally Revelations is the strongest out of all AC games, and Rogue is the most unique, letting us see Templars as realistic humans, not just evil dudes (something I hope we'll get again sometime).

Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
I think without a doubt AC2, everything involving the series is incredible and meant a lot to me as a player, it was one of the first games I played in my life and I got to platinum and zero countless times.
i would like to play valhalla cuz i played all the other AC and that would mean mt to my experience as assassin

May 1, 2020
Visit site
I hope I can win one of the 3 copies. But for everyone of you guys, I wish you all good luck.

Oh, yeah: My favourite AC games fas Assassin's Creed 4 BlackFlag. I just loved the ship gameplay and the pirate setting. I am looking forward to Valhalla mostly because of the base building. I love base building in RPGs. What Im not looking forward to is the stupid microtransactions. They are just ****. It is like a paid cheat solution, which is just unnescessary.

Jun 9, 2020
Visit site
Assassin's Creed Black Flag was soo good loved collecting the sea shanties! Looking forward to seeing what ubisoft has in store for us in Valhalla. Good Luck all

May 1, 2020
Visit site
I've been a fan of the series since AC1, and that remains my favourite, even for all it's shortcomings. The mystique and intrigue was at an all time high in the original, not to mention actually feeling like you're part of a Brotherhood.

I'm looking forward to Valhalla, as I have already accepted the RPG direction the series is taking, and I'm happy to see a return to a timeline closer to the original games. (~800 vs ~1100 for Valhalla and AC1?)

Also I have REALLY a niche itch that needs scratching in the form of an immersive, open-world viking adventure, that hasn't really been scratched since Skyrim in 2011.

If it's even half as good as that game, it'll be my GOTY.

Apr 13, 2020
Visit site
My favorite Assassin's Creed so far has been Odyssey (2nd place, the original AC). I thoroughly enjoyed the culture and the setting, and such a steep look into ancient Greece, but it was the seemingly endless amount of side quests/side content and the new direction of the series that really shaped the game for me. The combat was incredibly engaging, and while I understand AC's original themes was hiding around for stealth kills, it is in my opinion that it is okay for a game to evolve passed features it was known for.

It is for that reason, and my unbridled adoration any and all things Scandinavian (I'm really, really into it haha) that I think Valhalla is going to be the new gold standard in the series. It brings forward the new stuff from Odyssey, but attempts to bring back some of the old mechanics from AC1-3. Very hyped!

Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
I loved the Black Flag, the pirate theme was nice twist and it had a new look to the "normal" AC format a little. All of the sea sailing, sea shanties, music design, the plot(even though little rough around the edges at times), the character were all good in my opinion and I have played the game few times over again just. Also it was the first game that made me cry.

I'm looking forward to Valhalla because of the theme, IT'S VIKINGS that is so cool. All the lovely Nordic scenery that could be in it. And as someone who is listens to Amon Amarth with my boyfriend, whom made me listen to it and now I like it, I can only image some of the songs playing in my head when raiding towns >:)

May 5, 2020
Visit site
Favorite AC game at the moment(pre valhalla) would have to be origins, loved the change to full RPG style gameplay with gear system and overhauled combat.

Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
best assassins i played was ezio and desmond part , one of best story i played .
but last 3 games (origins-odyssey -valhalla) use new engine it look like for honor or witcher 3 in gameplay
i play all AC series and can't wait to play this one too

Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
Hope this game will really get into the north myth stuff... it's a great mythology and I think it has a lot of potential in the gaming community

Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
I most liked Syndicate, it was a more modern take on the original formula with a return to a dense city for assassinations. In Valhalla I look forward to the weightier looking combat. Combat was too flimsy in Origins and Odyssey and a major turn off.

Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
I don’t think any of the Assassin’s Creed games has had as big of an impact on me as much as AC2 did. It was a game so far ahead of it’s time and it was the game that really made me fall in love with the series. The story, gameplay, story, historical setting, story, and modern day sequences really made me wanting more and more. Oh, and did I mention the story? haha. AC2 was the game that made me come back to this franchise year after year and it has been a great experience so far. I can’t wait for AC: Valhalla!

Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
Picking a favourite Assassins Creed is definitely not easy but alas, if there's one that had to be picked it would be AC 2. From the early days of Ezio racing his brother up the church, to test flying Da Vinci's flying "contraption" and completing the time trial parkour for the armour. AC 2 has the nostalgia and the content to be my favourite AC of all time, that is unless, Valhalla can take its spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS