Giveaway Win a Lenovo Legion Monitor, keyboard, mouse and more from PC Gamer!

Page 5 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 6475

Got hooked because I really like the freedom to chose between resolution, effets or framerate or something in-between. I've played a lot on consoles and getting back to 30fps title is really disconcerting for me. Really like custom built PC as well.

Apr 4, 2020
Visit site
well, technically it started with some old CP\M systems with a few games and MBasic for entering more but for PC specific it would have been the QBasic sample games, F15 strike eagle, colonization/civilization and a BBS disk of "downloadable" games.

May 2, 2020
Visit site
Didn't have a console back then so all I had were strategy games and the Half Life Platinum collection. Honestly, that's all it took to get me to stick with it.

Jul 3, 2020
Visit site
I got into PC gaming in 1997 with a racing game called POD, my Dad bought us one of the first Pentium PC's and this game came with it for free. It was a lot of fun. I then moved on to stuff like Age of Empires, etc. PC Gaming for life! I also subscribe to the physical copies of PC Gamer magazine and have for many years now, it is a great magazine, cheers!

May 3, 2020
Visit site
Playing GTA San Andreas with mods on an absolute toaster of a laptop. The graphics were horrible and the performance was worse but somehow the experience was legendary and stuck with me.

May 2, 2020
Visit site
I got hooked after a close friend in highschool talked about PC gaming with me and I bought Left 4 Dead, but couldn't run it. I got determined to run the game, so I saved and built a gaming PC.

May 7, 2020
Visit site
Got into PC Gaming by playing Minecraft and CSGO with friends. Really really cool that you don't have to get together with friends irl and be able to still talk to them while being a hermit inside all day long and never have to leave the chair in the dark corner of your room where you play games.

Apr 1, 2020
Visit site
World of Warcraft, for me. My brother had been playing it, and it looked amazing. So, I bought what I thought at the time to be a nice laptop (It was terrible) and started playing. I played WoW in higher end raiding guilds for years before burning out. Building a nice PC eventually, it was great to be able to play nearly anything I wanted, as well as do art/visual design things you can't do elsewhere.

Jul 3, 2020
Visit site
I got hooked when my friend from middle school showed me online games like roblox and minecraft right after I got my first laptop, and I've been loving every day since.

Jul 3, 2020
Visit site
I used to play Pubg at 20fps on the Xbox and I saw my friend playing it on pc at 144fps and I after trying it once I couldn’t even bring myself to touch my console. Weeks later I’m part of the PC master race!

Jul 3, 2020
Visit site
I got hooked on PC gaming back in the early 90s with a terrible (in hindsight) visual novel style game, "The Black Cauldron" I played on my old IBM XT. That and Wheel of Fortune.

A couple of years later, my mom had a friend who owned a local PC shop. He gave me a box of parts and told me everything I needed was in there to build a working computer. From that point on, I knew my platform of choice. I could play all kinds of things on this that I couldn't find for my NES.

GeorgeTStagg901

Jul 3, 2020
Visit site
I got into PC gaming because there were games that I wanted to play that were exclusive to PC. I also love technology so when I finally was able to build a computer, it was a lot of fun learning about all the parts. I'm now learning computer science because of it

Jul 3, 2020
Visit site
Everything about PCs I love and it really got me addicted. Me and my friends used to play on Xbox and we got bored of it, we went on pc recently and it is way better, everything about it is better. I used to play whenever I could. My uncles, friends, and my brothers. I am hooked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts