What's your Gamer Profile say?

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!

Zloth

Community Contributor
Bard (which is supposed to be me): "...we see games like Secret World and FF14." I loved the concept of Secret World but I bounced off the game pretty hard. I don't have any desire to get FF14.

When I read all the profiles, I identify with nearly all of them until it says what they dislike.

Time for some Death Stranding?

Bard (which is supposed to be me): "...we see games like Secret World and FF14." I loved the concept of Secret World but I bounced off the game pretty hard. I don't have any desire to get FF14.

When I read all the profiles, I identify with nearly all of them until it says what they dislike.

Time for some Death Stranding?

I loved the concept for Secret World and followed the development right up to the first gameplay reveal, after which I immediately dropped it.

Reactions: Brian Boru
A Ninja Acrobat, The survey could have a lot more room for nuance, some challenges are fun and others arent, and story can be important depending on the genre. Hardly ever play anything competitive online. 3% creativity though, shock.
screenshot-2024-02-12-215450-jpg.3183

Reactions: Pifanjr
Aah, another connoisseur—salut, mon ami :)

PS would a friend of your French mother be mom ami?
[inspired by a typo—serendipity rocks!]

The problem with Kojima's work is that whilst there are many great flashes of excellence and artistry, i find the MGS series story and ideas as a whole cringe worthy and he puts form before function. I'm sure there is a good story in there somewhere, but the delivery of it is so ham-fisted that when i play them i just cringe with embarrassment. i can't tell if they are deliberately tacky or just crap at times.

Admittedly, some of the other issues are probably technical limitations, but others are design choices are frankly terrible ideas or piss poor execution. yes i like a good story but there are so many better games imo that does the job better with story delivery and not so cringe inducing.

that said i did like castlevania lord of shadows but he wasn't entirely responsible for that game, so no free pass there.

TRENDING THREADS