The Currently Playing & Random Game Thoughts Thread (26 June to 2 July)

Page 3 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, not sure which GRID you're referring to here (I assumed you meant 2019)?
Yeah, 2019.

I need to keep to one of the two for awhile (and might as well start with the first one) and then suddenly switch to the other to be able to tell a difference in driving because they are very, very similar, and right now I'm not noticing anything. If you put a gun to my head, I'd have to say they were the same, but I suspect that I'm just not familiar enough with them to spot how they are different.

Why on Earth would you need to repeatedly tap gas on a gamepad?

That doesn't make a lot of sense unless he didn't instinctively know when to start adding throttle and started too early, felt the car pushing, and his solution was to pump the throttle. That's a horrible way to get around a turn, though.

Yeah, 2019.

I need to keep to one of the two for awhile (and might as well start with the first one) and then suddenly switch to the other to be able to tell a difference in driving because they are very, very similar, and right now I'm not noticing anything. If you put a gun to my head, I'd have to say they were the same, but I suspect that I'm just not familiar enough with them to spot how they are different.
Like you said above, the quickest way to tell the difference in handling is using a KB type driving style, to represent not being able to feather gas and brake at all. That's why we KB players know pretty quick which games aren't going to play well for us.

Cells to Singularity: Evolution

I reached the end of the upgrade tree and did not see the point in continuing. Tried out Puzzles and Survival next, but quit when I discovered it has PvP elements. I don't care about maintaining an alliance or have my resources be raided by other players.

So now I started playing Last Fortress: Underground, which is a bit like a Fallout: Shelter clone, but it has a story line. Or at least, it does so far, not sure if that's just for the tutorial.

Steam Deck?

I'm trying not to spend any money, there's a lot of more important stuff we still need to save up for. Otherwise I probably would've just bought Slay the Spire.

You should switch to a government job.

I'm working for a big international company, it's already a pretty cushy job.

@Frag Maniac

Well, I just had my first run in with the Nemesis system (2019). I had switched to hatchbacks for a change of pace. I decided that if I won the first race, that I wouldn't do a qualifying lap for the second race and have to work my way through the field, even though I need to see about changing the number of laps if that's possible. Anyway, I worked my way up to third and was half-way through the last lap and getting desperate and accidentally slammed into the back of another car at the entry of a turn. Down the next straight, that car slammed the absolute hell out of me and knocked me completely off the track and into the wall. I suppose it's my own fault. With a few more laps tacked on, I could probably be more careful XD. Needless to say, I did not win the championship.

@Frindis Since one of the curmudgeons closed the Fortnite thread, I'll answer here.

I haven't played Fortnite since a few weeks after launch. When I played, I guess no one understood how to play yet (which explains how I actually won) and there was basically no building except to fortify a prebuilt location you were camping in, at least I didn't see any building going on, and we were generally finishing in the top 10 most matches, so we did have to travel and look around some. I was actually surprised later when I heard what people were building and was glad I quit, so if I were to play again, I'd definitely do the No Build.

By the way, the best senior moment I had was when me and some random dude were searching a small building together. We both exited the building at the same time and stood there looking at each other when I finally realized he wasn't my son and shot him. I don't know what the other guy was thinking. He probably thought he'd made a friend or something.

@Frag Maniac
I decided that if I won the first race, that I wouldn't do a qualifying lap for the second race and have to work my way through the field, even though I need to see about changing the number of laps if that's possible.
Originally GRID 2019 had fixed race length, but so many complained about it that they added a race length adjustment in the Season 2 update. Unfortunately I finished my video walkthrough of the game before that update came out. I really like to keep my YouTube clips as short as possible due to my upload speed being slow though, and I also like to keep races in a career consistent in length throughout anyway.

Okay, I got the mobile gaming out of my system again. Any game with an in-game shop is balanced around people eventually using it, meaning that you won't ever get to experience the full game. Which isn't to say you can't have fun with the game until that point with some of the games, but having the in-game shop pushed into your face all the time or getting advertisements every minute gets old really fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS