Coming to Game Pass​

Thirsty Suitors - Nov 2
Football Manager 2024 - Nov 6
Dungeons 4 - Nov 9
Like a Dragon Gaiden... - Nov 9
Wild Hearts - Nov 9
Spirittea - Nov 13

Top Game Launches (From PC Gamer)​

• November 1 — Alien Hominid Invasion - Behemoth classic co-op (Steam)
  • November 1 — Song of Nunu - League of Legends Yeti spinoff (Steam)
  • November 2 — For The King 2 - Turn-based tabletop-ish RPG sequel (Steam)
  • November 2 — Gangs of Sherwood - Robin Hood co-op RPG (Steam)
  • November 2 — The Iron Oath - Turn-based dark fantasy tactics (Steam)
  • November 2 — RoboCop: Rogue City - Your FPS, creep. (Steam)
  • November 2 — The Talos Principle 2 - First-person robot puzzler (Steam)
  • November 6 — The Invincible - Retro-future space thriller (Steam)
  • November 8 — Like a Dragon Gaiden - Kiryu's back (Steam)
  • November 9 — Dungeons 4 - Dungeon Keeper-esque sim RTS (Steam)
  • November 10 — Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - Another one (Steam)
  • November 10 —The Day Before - Open world zombie survival MMO
  • November 14 — Broken Roads - post-apoc Australia RPG (Steam)
  • November 14 — Karma Zoo - chaotic co-op platformer (Steam)
  • November 15 — The Last Faith - Gothic fusion Soulsvania (Steam)
  • November 16 — Flashback 2 - Remake of a classic scifi side-scroller (Steam)
  • November 17 — Persona 5 Tactica - Phantom Thieves go tactical (Steam)
  • November 17 — Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Realms of Ruin (Steam)

Other Notable Releases For November​

I’ve noted when a demo is available, but sometimes demos are removed upon release of the game. Every game is single-player unless otherwise noted.

November 1st
Demo Available: Cinematic, Narrative

Early Access: PvPvE, Fantasy Dungeon

Demo Available: Bullet Hell, Deckbuilding, Roguelike

November 2

Demo Available: Crime, Action, Drama

TPP 3D Platformer, No one will judge you. Go ahead

Demo Available: Square Enix, JRPG

Demo Available: LGBTQ+, Dating Sim

Demo Available: tinyBuild, Bullet Hell

Early Access: Detective, Adventure, Choices Matter

November 3

Retro, Top Down, Shooter

Free-to-Play, Single-player, PvP, Be a worm, eat a worm

Demo Available: RTS

Metroidvania

November 5

Demo Available: Colony Sim, City Builder, Base Building

November 6

Demo Available: Early Access: Bullet Hell

Despite the name, this is actually a soccer game.

Anime, Visual Novel, Choices Matter, Dating Sim, Probably Cat-Girls

November 7

Souls-Like, Sidescrolling

Roguelike, Melee, Medieval

Adventure, Investigation

Retro, City Builder, RTS

Demo Available: Clicker, Idler

Vehicle Combat, Engineering, PvP

Demo Available: Early Access: Metroidvania

November 8

LGBTQ+, Dating Sim, Comedy

Early Access: Tactical, Turn-Based

Demo Available: Adventure, Exploration, Stylized

Demo Available: Early Access: Retro FPS

Demo Available: Roguelike, Retro FPS

November 9

Early Access: Space, Open World Survival Craft, Building

VR. Space, Action, Adventure

Demo Available: Harry Potter But Not, Action, Adventure, RPG

Demo Available: Early Access: Western, Life Sim, SP and Co-op

Early Access: TPP, Colony Sim, Exploration

Tycoon, Cooking, Dungeons, Life Sim

Demo Available: Tower Defense

November 10

Sidescrolling, PvP, Shooter

Top-Down, Racing

Demo Available: 2D Platformer, SP, Co-op, PvP

Horror. This guy’s games are usually janky but good. Looks like a significant graphical upgrade from his previous games.

November 12

Early Access: Deckbuilder, Tower Defense

November 13

Demo Available: 4X, Clicker

Early Access: Multiplayer, Party Game

Demo Available: Life Sim

Demo Available: 2D, Platformer

Demo Available: Isometric, Party-Based RPG, Turn-Based

Demo Available: Rhythm

November 14

Adventure, Visual Novel

Beat’em Up

Board Game, SP, PvP

Devolver Digital, Platformer, SP, Co-op, PvP

Demo Available: Early Access: Bullet Hell, Roguelike

November 15

Roguelike, Bullet Hell

Early Access: Space, Action, Mechs

Tower Defense-like

Demo Available: Metroidvania, Souls-like

Demo Available: Narrative, Platformer, Puzzle

Demo Available: Retro FPS

Chess, Fighting

November 16

Metroidvania, 2D

Demo Available: Action, RPG, Roguelike

Cyberpunk, 2.5D, Arcade, Shooter

Demo Available: Medical, Time Management, Clicker

Demo Available: Underwater, Relaxing, Open World

3D Fighter

November 17

Demo Available: Horror, Comedy

Kids, Adventure

Demo Available: Early Access: Pixel, Roguelike, Action

Strategy, RTS, SP, PvP

November 20

Demo Available: LGBTQ+, Time Loop, Party-based RPG

November 21

Demo Available: Adventure, Stylized, Platformer

November 28

Demo Available: THQ Nordic, Strategy, RTS

November 29

Demo Available: Metroidvania

Note: I didn’t get tired/bored at the end. Release schedules always tail off like this at the end of the month. I just usually don’t include the release dates. Most games release with very little notice.

DLC Coming in November​

November 1

November 6

November 7

November 8

November 9

November 14

November 14

November 15

November 16

November (no date listed)

Last edited:
Made me look :)

Last Train Home
Sounds too much like RTT work "Frostpunk meets Company of Heroes".

Ticket to Ride
Huh, I bought this on Steam 5 years ago, and a DLC for it too—liked the physical board game . Don't see anything in description to indicate remake or remaster, and playing 'board' looks just like what I have.

This recent tactic of giving games the same name as old classics is unhelpful. I know other entertainment products do it all the time, so I guess we just get used to it.

Iron Marines Invasion
"join the fight to keep peace" :D
So much marketing bumph in the descriptions, I'm still not sure this has SP—but probably does, so I'll give the demo a spin.

I played some more Vermintide. I got Saltzpyre to level 30, so now I'm leveling the dwarf. I'm okay with the Ranger, but I notice on Champion that I struggle with hordes and specials are usually already taken care of by other players. I tried the tanky dwarf, but kept getting separated from the rest and he is poorly suited to take on an entire horde by himself. So I've settled for the Slayer version, which has been working great so far. My main problem with the other versions is that their attack speed feels so slow, which isn't a problem at all with the Slayer. I also have a trait for 17% extra health and 40% damage reduction for 2 seconds if I get hit, which is enough to let me take a couple of hits from non-elite enemies.

Ticket to Ride
Huh, I bought this on Steam 5 years ago, and a DLC for it too—liked the physical board game . Don't see anything in description to indicate remake or remaster, and playing 'board' looks just like what I have.

This recent tactic of giving games the same name as old classics is unhelpful. I know other entertainment products do it all the time, so I guess we just get used to it.

I noticed that too. There's a digital adaptation from 2012 which has been delisted. Apparently it was made using a custom engine that is too much work to maintain/update, so they're scrapping it entirely and making a new game in a new engine.

The delisted game has gotten a lot of negative reviews complaining that players will have to buy the game and all the expansions again if they want any of the new features/content, just because the previous developer couldn't be bothered to keep their engine up to date.

Last edited:
I played some more Vermintide. I got Saltzpyre to level 30, so now I'm leveling the dwarf. I'm okay with the Ranger, but I notice on Champion that I struggle with hordes and specials are usually already taken care of by other players. I tried the tanky dwarf, but kept getting separated from the rest and he is poorly suited to take on an entire horde by himself. So I've settled for the Slayer version, which has been working great so far. My main problem with the other versions is that their attack speed feels so slow, which isn't a problem at all with the Slayer. I also have a trait for 17% extra health and 40% damage reduction for 2 seconds if I get hit, which is enough to let me take a couple of hits from non-elite enemies.
The Ironbreaker is Guido's main. He refuses to play anything else, and he uses that giant warhammer which is probably the slowest melee weapon in the game. But what he really likes is his crossbow. When I played the Ironbreaker solo, I usually used the axe and shield (I think it was an axe with the shield--it's been awhile). You can push with that shield and knock back a ton of enemies. I do like the slayer, though. Love the leap he can make, and the dual axes can tear through anything in the game. But Ironbreaker was what I used most of the time when I was solo if I was playing the dwarf, which I did quite a bit. The slayer is mostly unsuited to solo play since he doesn't have a ranged weapon. I would occasionally play him solo and use his leap to close the gap with specials, but you could get overwhelmed.

All this Vermintide talk makes me want to get back into it.

Last edited:
I've had the flu for a coupIe days again, so I finished Baldurs Gate 3. Its good and if you have even a little bit of an appreciation for Larian, D&D or Isometric RPG's in general give it a try sometime. They took some big swings and landed most of them and seem to still be working on it so good on them.

My hard drive decided to start throwing out errors after maybe 8 years, so I picked up a 2TB SSD to replace it. Its not the fastest but a Western Digital Blue SN580 2TB drive was just over €100 now. Crazy how cheap theyve got compared to before.

Played a couple of hours of Guardians of The Galaxy. Its good looking and the voice acting is great. It feels a bit on rails and QTE filled though, perhaps not the best thing to go into straight after BG3. At a bit of a loss as to where to go next as sometimes happens after a big game takes over everything for a long time.

Christ is it already november? Where has all the time gone? less then less then 60 days till christmas! i still remember playing Yakuza 2 back in december - january and it seems like i'll be playing yakuza 3 this december/jan as well!

Anyway, my first world problems/urges need feeding.

First up, my humble bundle vouchers are about to expire. i need to buy something dirt cheap to refresh the expiry date. Alternatively use the £11 and cash it in and end this cycle of needless expenditure. The former is that i have no idea what i want, i did have my eye on weird west and the board game classic OGRE, but some reason i can't pull the trigger and just do it. What about spending those vouchers? prodeus is for 13.99 would be perfect. yeah... but i'm saving those vouchers for a rainy day i suspect prodeus might drop in price even further like 50% off or something.

my second first world problem? The monitor issue is rearing desire is rearing its head again. The good news is that I now have the vouchers to get a free dell monitor. The one i have my eye on is the G2724D. I'll probably post a topic or the relevant existing board for this. but FFS why can't i make a no brainer decision and just claim it? i could sell it on ebay and be quids in!

On other gaming news, i saw the reviews and opinions of the robocop game. Honestly i'm happy and glad that its getting positive feedback. The gunplay is good and the authenticity to the franchise is good. Admittedly, recent robocop games has meant the bar is really low, but stil, good job devs. Another game on my wishlist and hope to see more. Just a shame that they didn't add a few additional features or ideas into the mix. Throwing people out of windows or stomping on goons never gets old.

Playing a cool, little $5.99 puzzle game (that I got for $3.50) called Green with Power where you try to supply a little diorama of buildings with green energy. Your tools are solar panels, windmills, hydroelectric and one more I haven't unlocked yet. You also have batteries and transformers. Everything but the transformers can be upgraded. Just fulfilling the power needs is one thing. Doing it within budget is another, and there are leaderboards for this.

The only downsides are that you don't know how much power you are going to need until you run a test of your system, which takes you through a 24 hour cycle. That wouldn't be a big problem except that you aren't refunded properly when you tear something down, so if you don't get it right the first time, you pretty much have to reset the level (which is easy enough). The game actually doesn't require you to finish under budget. As long as you power the buildings, you pass the level. But who wants to accept a passing grade when you see those big red numbers?

But that's really a minor complaint since resetting the level is just one click away.

One last little oddity is that you get credit for all the power you are creating and storing even if you obviously have a building that isn't getting powered properly. For instance, if you have one power source that's powering 5 buildings, and you just toss out a solar panel and connect it to the last building, you can get credit for that even though that last building wouldn't be powered at night.

But, I complain about everything. :ROFLMAO: I'm actually really enjoying the game. Would be nice if there were a procedural map generation option or the ability to share user made maps on the workshop.

Zloth

Community Contributor
Played a couple of hours of Guardians of The Galaxy. Its good looking and the voice acting is great. It feels a bit on rails and QTE filled though, perhaps not the best thing to go into straight after BG3. At a bit of a loss as to where to go next as sometimes happens after a big game takes over everything for a long time.
It's very linear, at least as far as where you're going. There have been quite a few choices so far, though, and I think they might matter quite a bit. It's hard for me to tell - I'm not backing up and trying other things along the way. And there are some QTE's, as you've seen, including this one:
full

That one was EVIL! It flashes up and you've got about 4 seconds to figure out what the frak you're even looking at and what it wants you to do. If you don't get it done, Rocket dies, the game reloads, and you watch about 30 seconds of cutscene before getting another chance. VERY bad QTE! At least until you get a screenshot to stare at for a bit so you understand what you're supposed to do. Then it's easy.

The other QTEs have all been pretty harmless. The dialog is GROOT! I mean GREAT! The voice actors are different from the movies but, if you liked the movie dialog, you should like this, too.

You should be aware if you played and enjoyed the demo of Ship Graveyard Simulator 2 that the actual game can still be incredibly buggy. I had no problems at all with the demo, but in the full game, I had problems using the cutter, having to stand in exactly the right spot to get it to work. I would have to circle around the item, moving closer and farther away, trying to find the right spot to stand where the game would actually perform the cut. Additionally, I had problems both knocking down items with the hammer (right click) and even picking things up off the ground, neither of which was a problem in the demo. I don't know what's wrong with the main game, but I thought it was odd that it asked me during installation to install a 2005 version of Microsoft C++, something that I didn't do during demo installation.

Anyway, I have no choice but to refund it while I can. I'm at my two hour limit, and there's no indication that the game will get more functional. It's a shame because I really enjoy the game. I played through the demo twice. Also unfortunate is that I bought it as a bundle with Green with Power, so that has to be refunded as well.

It's very linear, at least as far as where you're going. There have been quite a few choices so far, though, and I think they might matter quite a bit. It's hard for me to tell - I'm not backing up and trying other things along the way. And there are some QTE's, as you've seen, including this one:
full

That one was EVIL! It flashes up and you've got about 4 seconds to figure out what the frak you're even looking at and what it wants you to do. If you don't get it done, Rocket dies, the game reloads, and you watch about 30 seconds of cutscene before getting another chance. VERY bad QTE! At least until you get a screenshot to stare at for a bit so you understand what you're supposed to do. Then it's easy.

The other QTEs have all been pretty harmless. The dialog is GROOT! I mean GREAT! The voice actors are different from the movies but, if you liked the movie dialog, you should like this, too.
The movies are probably my favourite MCU ones, I bought it a while ago on sale because I heard good things and then you mentioned it so thought I should give it a go. I wish it would slow down more during the Guardian ability selection in combat, but maybe thats something I'll get used to. Its well put together, just feels very old school somehow. I thought I'd appreciate something more linear after BG 3.

Maybe I'll get back to it, things look like they might be a bit busy again for a few days so next time I get a chance to sit down properly I might feel different.

Still playing Cult of the Lamb. This might be my favorite game I’ve played all year…
I just beat the third boss. According to Steam achievements, only 45% of people have gotten to this part and the rest are missing out. I can see people getting discouraged at the grind, but it’s not bad at all if you enjoy the game. In fact the progression is fast, rewarding, and happens as you play. There are a couple things you need to do every ingame day, like preach a sermon to level up your combat skills and raise follower loyalty, farm your crops, clean up follower poop… but as you progress you unlock buildings that can automate all of that. I have farmers, janitors, people gathering wood and stone, it’s all done automatically as you progress. It never felt really grindy for me at all, because when you need to level up, you could just do another run and usually you’ll have all the stuff you need to build/level up when you get back to your camp, or wait a day to do another sermon to level your combat. You collect Devotion at shrines and by blessing followers which is used to unlock buildings. There are a few things to remember to do each ingame day but the loop is so fun and addicting I don’t mind doing it all before I go on another crusade run. I have a bad habit of never finished games but I have a strong feeling I will finish this one out completely, I’d say I’m about 60-75% of the way there already.

Still playing Cult of the Lamb. This might be my favorite game I’ve played all year…
I just beat the third boss. According to Steam achievements, only 45% of people have gotten to this part and the rest are missing out. I can see people getting discouraged at the grind, but it’s not bad at all if you enjoy the game. In fact the progression is fast, rewarding, and happens as you play. There are a couple things you need to do every ingame day, like preach a sermon to level up your combat skills and raise follower loyalty, farm your crops, clean up follower poop… but as you progress you unlock buildings that can automate all of that. I have farmers, janitors, people gathering wood and stone, it’s all done automatically as you progress. It never felt really grindy for me at all, because when you need to level up, you could just do another run and usually you’ll have all the stuff you need to build/level up when you get back to your camp, or wait a day to do another sermon to level your combat. You collect Devotion at shrines and by blessing followers which is used to unlock buildings. There are a few things to remember to do each ingame day but the loop is so fun and addicting I don’t mind doing it all before I go on another crusade run. I have a bad habit of never finished games but I have a strong feeling I will finish this one out completely, I’d say I’m about 60-75% of the way there already.
For some reason, this one never really stuck with me. I put in about 3-hours and ended-up getting bored, then dropping it. It's still in the back of my head and I wouldn't mind going back to it, but I haven't yet found the motivation.

My youngest got sick on Sunday and the rest of us followed by Monday, which ended-up being an illness that totally kicked our butts. Through this, some switch flipped in my brain and I've completely lost interest in Elden Ring. I've got 35-hours in it now and I was really enjoying myself, but the switch flipped (or it's the lack of sleep, which has been severe) and now I just can't be bothered; it all seems like so much effort and I don't want to play anything with that level of intensity anymore.

So, stupidly, I've gone back to World of Warcraft, but a private server called Turtle WoW. One I've been experimenting with off and on for many years now and always meant to spend a good amount of time in, as they're constantly adding new stuff to the Vanilla version of WoW, my favorite of any time period. It's neat to see new areas and stuff that was left unfinished in the original game fleshed out a little bit more.

Anyway, I feel silly spending yet more of my life on World of Warcraft, but it's so low impact, it just feels right, right now. I don't have to think too hard and can just kind of set my brain aside and mindlessly play.

Now I'm obsessed with the quality of my cables

I didn't watch all that, but seems below his apparent usual standard—eg no other Thunderbolt cables in the comparison.

Bit like comparing a Ferrari to a Lada. Should be a Toyota and Merc in there too.

Bing AI literally stopped talking to me because I kept calling it Florence.

So…?

If you don't see the problem, keep calling your wife Florence. We'll still be here when you get out.

Last edited:
Reactions: neogunhero
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts