Pc turns on but moniter, keyboard and mouse dont.

Jan 2, 2024
Visit site
like the title says whenever i turn the pc on it boots fine and seems to be working correctly but my 2 monitors keyboard and mouse dont do anything, is there anything i could do to fix this? i already tried resetting the CMOS and switching my ram sticks to different places. i would really like to fix this myself as it would just spare me a lot of time going and waiting on a repair shop

these are the specs i know off the top of my head:
my cpu is a ryzen 5 2600x
the motherboard is a Gigabyte B550 GAMING X V2
i have a GeForce GTX 1060 GAMING X 6G as a video card
a cooler master V650 power supply
and 2 VENGEANCE LPX DDR4 16gb ram sticks.

worthy to note:
i changed my cpu and motherboard 2-3 months back but everything ran great since then so i dont think that caused the problem

any help is appreciated!

Last edited:
So when you start you can see your gpu and fans etc. light up on the inside? I would put my ram sticks back where they were. Start with one and see if you can see something. If that doesnt work its safe to say your other stick could go back in where it was as well.

I would try different cables/monitors/mice/keyboards if you can, see if those are also not working. Thatll help narrow it down too. Maybe plug your monitor into another pc if you can, if it works then you know somethings up too.

Maybe take out the GPU, clean it up and then re-seat it.

Also, and i know this sounds dumb, make sure everything is plugged in where it should go and its plugged in securely. I have seen people solve issues like this because they had their cables from the monitor plugged into the motherboard and not the gpu. Things like that.

You might also need to replace the cmos, though thats highly unlikely imo. IDK how ur cmos is setup.

Reactions: Brian Boru and Alm
Welcome to the forum :)

my 2 monitors keyboard and mouse dont do anything

How are those items powered? From the PC, or via a UPS or powerbar, or directly into wall outlets?

For all 4 to 'fail' at once means some common factor between all 4 is not working. Not plugged into a working outlet, not switched on, a fuse blown…

Q for our experts—could there be a common piece of software involved, like an USB Controller?

It's a weird one, but detail about the power connections would help.

Could be the PSU doesn't have the power needed to start anything other than the CPU. USB & GPU are not essentials as far as PC is concerned. IF PC is old, could be the PSU.

strange combo of "upgrades" B550 motherboard and a 2600... I guess it is hard to get 450 now but why not a newer CPU as well.

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts