Nvidia Error

Nov 7, 2023
Visit site
I started getting this error a few months ago. It has taken my boot times from 25-30 seconds to around 4 minutes. The Event Viewer shows the failure of the NVidia driver to load and this error.

I've rolled my BIOS firmware back as far as I can and stepped it back up to the current version and found no change.

I've removed my PCI RAID controller and installed a fresh version of both Win10 and Win11 on a new m.2 SSD. Had the same issue.

Replaced my RTX2080 with a ASUS ROG RTX4090 and have the same issue.

Memory checks good and I've tired different memory configurations, no change.

I've tried all the available versions of the NVidia drivers and found an old version 532.03 does not trigger the error. If I install the latest NVidia drivers 546.01 the computer will not boot on both Win10 or Win11.

Found the native NVidia driver for Win10, 31.0.15.3623 dated 06/08/2023, causes the error while the native driver for Win11 31.0.15.2824 dated 1/15/2023 does not. (native = installed during a fresh install)

The only performance issue, besides the slow boot, is when I run Sony Vegas Pro v21. When I try to show my video on my second screen I get a black screen on the 2nd monitor and the program locks down and does not recover. I've disabled GPU Acceleration and had no effect.

NVidia has been actively trying to help find the cause and ASUS keeps telling me to install a fresh copy of Win10 and the latest drivers. Very poor support from ASUS.

I know the way and can't find the why...

ROG Maximus Z790 Extreme – BIOS 1501
Intel Core I9 13900k
ASUS ROG RTX4090
Corsair CMT32GX5M2X6600C32 – DDR5-6600 (3300mhz) x 4
ASUS ROG Thor 1200w Platiuum II Power Supply
C Drive – Samsung SSD 980 PRO 2TB NVMe
D Drive - Lenovo RAID Card 930-8i 2GB Flash

I made it its own thread instead of an attachment on an old one. what error you getting exactly?

I've tried all the available versions of the NVidia drivers and found an old version 532.03 does not trigger the error. If I install the latest NVidia drivers 546.01 the computer will not boot on both Win10 or Win11.

so drivers install but it won't start. That is odd, we know its not the GPU as it happens on both. Drivers installing shows they recognise hardware.

what else is plugged into PC?

that boot time means BIOS is waiting for something to respond, any old hardware plugged in? Try booting without any USB attached, need to remove things from blame.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts