AMD Processer > NVIDIA GPU want upgrade tips

Nov 24, 2023
Visit site
I currently hold a 500W power supply (Not sure of the make or the link as this was originally a prebuilt) with a ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (Wi-Fi) AMD Ryzen AM4 ATX Motherboard and a AMD Ryzen 7 3800X and Corsair CMW16GX4M2C3200C16 Vengeance RGB PRO 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 . I want to potentially upgrade to a NVIDIA 4 series graphics card potentially a 4060 but dont want really have the funds to upgrade a Power supply too. What would anyone recommend and would a 4060 fit in my current parts?

Why Are You Upgrading: PC due an upgrade

Budget: N/A

Approximate Purchase Date: Some time in the new year

Use Case: Gaming

Parts to Upgrade: GPU and maybe power supply

Are you buying a monitor: No

Your Monitor Resolution and desired frame rate: 1920x1080

Preferred Website(s) for Parts? Amazon

Parts Preferences: NVIDIA

Overclocking: Not a clue what this actually is/does

Additional Comments: Apologies if I did not use the correct template I was a little confused by it lol

Prices on components change on an almost daily basis. This gives you an idea of what you're looking at if you were to purchase today.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: *AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5 GHz 6-Core Processor ($127.53 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: *Corsair RM750e (2023) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($96.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $224.52
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-11-24 11:02 EST-0500

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru
Did some looking around (I'm getting ready to build a PC anyway) and your motherboard does support the RTX 4060. Since we don't know what power supply you have, we don't know if it's compatible or not, but I'd guess that it is. I don't think you'll be able to overclock anything with that power supply, though. It should work, but for overclocking I'd probably go to 600.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Nov 24, 2023
Visit site
Did some looking around (I'm getting ready to build a PC anyway) and your motherboard does support the RTX 4060. Since we don't know what power supply you have, we don't know if it's compatible or not, but I'd guess that it is. I don't think you'll be able to overclock anything with that power supply, though. It should work, but for overclocking I'd probably go to 600.
I'll be honest I dont know what powersupply it is that I have as I got a prebuilt a long time ago, cant even see a name on the powersupply itself

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts