Question Next Elder Scrolls game Wishlist??

Page 5 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 26, 2020
Visit site
I could write here so many things, but I will list only the most important ones now:
  • Complex gameplay
    • Help systems should be optional!
      • Fast travel and quest markers could be added for the less intelligent people
      • HOWEVER: on default they should be disabled. Especially above easy difficulty
      • The quests should work without them, not like in Skyrim where quest dialogue and other clues are so minimal that you cannot live without them
    • Interesting combat system
      • It should utilize some kind of combo system
      • or something like the sword fighting system in Kingdom Come Deliverance
        • Note: Daggerfall and Morrowind had something like that, but it was too simplistic to be great
    • Better magic
      • Enchanting and making spells at least like in Morrowind
        • It is not a problem if it is too OP and can be exploited. It is a single player game. If somebody is using "cheats" it is his/her problem.
      • Unique spells, not just X fire dmg, Y frost dmg, summon this, summon that. Look for DotA spells for ideas. The best if they can interact with the world or even with each-other.
    • Better quests
      • more dialogue and dialogue choices (at least like in Kotor)
      • more choices in solving the quests
      • more factions
        • more impact on other factions and the society
        • creating your own hideout, or even castle/town
        • having followers from your faction
  • Optimized for the PC!
    • no dumbing down of menus (eg. inventory, game settings)
    • graphic levels what can utilize even a high-end VGA
    • combat and questing systems should not be simplified on PC. If it has to be for console it is fine, but the PC version should have a full experience
  • Deep lore and a world to explore
    • Skyrim and Cyrodiil were beautiful, but this time I want to go somewhere what is alien and new like Vvardenfell was in Morrowind.
      • I want to explore new cultures, metaphysics, strange animals and plants etc.
    • There should be a lot of small lore fragments. We got quite a bit in Skyrim as well. Keep it like that or create even more.

I could write here so many things, but I will list only the most important ones now:
  • Complex gameplay
      • The quests should work without them, not like in Skyrim where quest dialogue and other clues are so minimal that you cannot live without them
        • Note: Daggerfall and Morrowind had something like that, but it was too simplistic to be great
    • Better magic
        • It is not a problem if it is too OP and can be exploited. It is a single player game. If somebody is using "cheats" it is his/her problem.
      • Unique spells, not just X fire dmg, Y frost dmg, summon this, summon that. Look for DotA spells for ideas. The best if they can interact with the world or even with each-other.
    • Better quests
      • more factions
  • Optimized for the PC!
    • combat and questing systems should not be simplified on PC. If it has to be for console it is fine, but the PC version should have a full experience
    • Skyrim and Cyrodiil were beautiful, but this time I want to go somewhere what is alien and new like Vvardenfell was in Morrowind.
    • There should be a lot of small lore fragments. We got quite a bit in Skyrim as well. Keep it like that or create even more.

Considering how well Skyrim sold, I doubt they're going to make any major changes to the combat. At least not any that make the game more complex.
And considering how well Skyrim is selling on platforms other than PC, I wouldn't expect the PC version to get far more attention.

May 26, 2020
Visit site
Considering how well Skyrim sold, I doubt they're going to make any major changes to the combat. At least not any that make the game more complex.
And considering how well Skyrim is selling on platforms other than PC, I wouldn't expect the PC version to get far more attention.

The question was what you would like to see not what is possible or what will happen.
If you ask me the next game will be even less complex. Maybe the housing from Fallout will be used if any...

Reactions: Pifanjr
May 27, 2020
Visit site
the only elder scrolls game I played is V Skyrim and easy I spent 200 hours on it and wasn't long ago. The combat system is one thing I would like the next elder scrolls to focus on because I feel like skyrim was good but combat was just slice and dice. I played dark souls 3 and bloodborne and love the combat system in those game. Each weapon have special attacks and can add upto combos is what I would like the new elder scrolls to have. I know the story will be awesome which is not my concern.

Reactions: BornAgainPCGamer
May 30, 2020
Visit site
1. It would be awesome to get some others elder scrolls games cameos. A couple of well-known characters to link the stories

2. An improve of magics and spells, I think that can be better and not simple as TES V.

3. Maybe too much... but, I want a coop mode. I used to dream about having a dragon race with my friends or just incinerate all around us for no reason XD.

Reactions: BornAgainPCGamer
  • Complex gameplay
    • Better magic
    • Better quests
      • more factions
  • Optimized for the PC!
Some really well thought out suggestions there and most of them i agree would be great additiond to the next ES game. I really hope for a much deeper conversation system and branchimg narrative depending on all sorts of things like if I'm a nord or khajit or if I'm a fighter or a mage or lawful or unlawful. I really want the game to be a different experience depending on what type of character i decide to roll, it should not just the same experience with superficial changes, it should be another experience totally if I'm a stealthy thief or a power mad mage.

1. It would be awesome to get some others elder scrolls games cameos. A couple of well-known characters to link the stories

2. An improve of magics and spells, I think that can be better and not simple as TES V.

3. Maybe too much... but, I want a coop mode. I used to dream about having a dragon race with my friends or just incinerate all around us for no reason XD.
I feel all three could and should be implemented in the next game. I really do think co-op will be involved this time as well as it is an extremely requested feature from the community. I just hope its optional and they dont make it compulsory to complete certain quests or something.

For starters ill just begin with what they can keep: amazing world/environment design, stunning and timeless music, persistent objects, freedom of choice and immersion.

The changes I would like to see:
I would like to see them scrap the idea of a 'main questline' in favour of spreading development resources across the main guilds (darkbrotherhood, mage, theives guild etc et) and some new ones, each of them could have an opposing guild with conflicting ideologies and interwoven political aims and they could tear each other (and the province) apart in the process, perhaps going after the same 'thing'. Or you could broker deals and work together for a common goal for the good of the land and share sweetrolls... Would make for some pretty ace replay-ability and i'm pretty sure we all played through all the guilds multiple times. I think the guilds already offer better quest variety and potential for writing/characters as they have their own distinct identities, purposes and atmospheres. This has been achieved to a decent degree in past ES games but I would love it if they went in deep on this.

Doubt this will happen as difficult to market a game with out a core story arc, but I think the appeal of putting the player in the shoes of the 'world's only hope' hero might seem a bit dated by 202X or whenevs its coming out.

Just to echo some of the previously mentioned stuff too, improved combat (side-stepping/dodging, taking into acc character class and encumbrance) to make it more like a 'dance', a deeper rather than bigger world in terms of interactivity and action you can take on the world, more verticality in the environments, greater sense of achievement or earning the status you receive.
Fantastic post. I agree with everything here, it would really drag the series into the modern era of gaming. Pair the world building epicness of Bethesda and with the storytelling of CDP Red and the witcher 3 and we have a truly great game in my opinion.

Jul 16, 2020
Visit site
This might be unpopular but I'd like a game such as Elder Scrolls, with all of the RPG details and character building, but with a more action-y game style/combat like Warhammer Vermatide. That would be neat.

This might be unpopular but I'd like a game such as Elder Scrolls, with all of the RPG details and character building, but with a more action-y game style/combat like Warhammer Vermatide. That would be neat.

I'd be so happy if they took over some of the combat mechanics of Dark Messiah of Might and Magic. Perhaps with slightly less ridiculous ragdoll physics, but that game made hitting an enemy with any weapon extremely satisfying.

Reactions: MedicalMagus
Aug 25, 2020
Visit site
I very deeply hope the khajiits will look like the ones in The Elder Scrolls Online because in The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim they looked sad and gloomy which I really didn't like about them.

Sep 13, 2020
Visit site
No more loading screens. Let me jump over city walls if I glitch climb lol. Other than that I would just prefer the armor/clothing to have nice cloth physics. So many games don't both with this but hopefully next gen studios start to take it seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS