What I really hope they will fix their engine before releasing the new Elder Scrolls.
Considering how well Skyrim sold, I doubt they're going to make any major changes to the combat. At least not any that make the game more complex.I could write here so many things, but I will list only the most important ones now:
- Complex gameplay
- Help systems should be optional!
- Fast travel and quest markers could be added for the less intelligent people
- HOWEVER: on default they should be disabled. Especially above easy difficulty
- The quests should work without them, not like in Skyrim where quest dialogue and other clues are so minimal that you cannot live without them
- Interesting combat system
- It should utilize some kind of combo system
- or something like the sword fighting system in Kingdom Come Deliverance
- Note: Daggerfall and Morrowind had something like that, but it was too simplistic to be great
- Better magic
- Enchanting and making spells at least like in Morrowind
- It is not a problem if it is too OP and can be exploited. It is a single player game. If somebody is using "cheats" it is his/her problem.
- Unique spells, not just X fire dmg, Y frost dmg, summon this, summon that. Look for DotA spells for ideas. The best if they can interact with the world or even with each-other.
- Better quests
- more dialogue and dialogue choices (at least like in Kotor)
- more choices in solving the quests
- more factions
- more impact on other factions and the society
- creating your own hideout, or even castle/town
- having followers from your faction
- Optimized for the PC!
- no dumbing down of menus (eg. inventory, game settings)
- graphic levels what can utilize even a high-end VGA
- combat and questing systems should not be simplified on PC. If it has to be for console it is fine, but the PC version should have a full experience
- Deep lore and a world to explore
- Skyrim and Cyrodiil were beautiful, but this time I want to go somewhere what is alien and new like Vvardenfell was in Morrowind.
- I want to explore new cultures, metaphysics, strange animals and plants etc.
- There should be a lot of small lore fragments. We got quite a bit in Skyrim as well. Keep it like that or create even more.
The question was what you would like to see not what is possible or what will happen.Considering how well Skyrim sold, I doubt they're going to make any major changes to the combat. At least not any that make the game more complex.
And considering how well Skyrim is selling on platforms other than PC, I wouldn't expect the PC version to get far more attention.