Question Next Elder Scrolls game Wishlist??

Page 4 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 2, 2020
Visit site
I think I'd like to seem them more focused on variety of things to do to make the world feel immersive. Even with the ton of mods I have on Skyrim, I can't help but start getting bored a ways through because the options outside the main story aren't varied enough to keep me quite interested.

For starters ill just begin with what they can keep: amazing world/environment design, stunning and timeless music, persistent objects, freedom of choice and immersion.

The changes I would like to see:
I would like to see them scrap the idea of a 'main questline' in favour of spreading development resources across the main guilds (darkbrotherhood, mage, theives guild etc et) and some new ones, each of them could have an opposing guild with conflicting ideologies and interwoven political aims and they could tear each other (and the province) apart in the process, perhaps going after the same 'thing'. Or you could broker deals and work together for a common goal for the good of the land and share sweetrolls... Would make for some pretty ace replay-ability and i'm pretty sure we all played through all the guilds multiple times. I think the guilds already offer better quest variety and potential for writing/characters as they have their own distinct identities, purposes and atmospheres. This has been achieved to a decent degree in past ES games but I would love it if they went in deep on this.

Doubt this will happen as difficult to market a game with out a core story arc, but I think the appeal of putting the player in the shoes of the 'world's only hope' hero might seem a bit dated by 202X or whenevs its coming out.

Just to echo some of the previously mentioned stuff too, improved combat (side-stepping/dodging, taking into acc character class and encumbrance) to make it more like a 'dance', a deeper rather than bigger world in terms of interactivity and action you can take on the world, more verticality in the environments, greater sense of achievement or earning the status you receive.

For starters ill just begin with what they can keep: amazing world/environment design, stunning and timeless music, persistent objects, freedom of choice and immersion.

The changes I would like to see:
I would like to see them scrap the idea of a 'main questline' in favour of spreading development resources across the main guilds (darkbrotherhood, mage, theives guild etc et) and some new ones, each of them could have an opposing guild with conflicting ideologies and interwoven political aims and they could tear each other (and the province) apart in the process, perhaps going after the same 'thing'. Or you could broker deals and work together for a common goal for the good of the land and share sweetrolls... Would make for some pretty ace replay-ability and i'm pretty sure we all played through all the guilds multiple times. I think the guilds already offer better quest variety and potential for writing/characters as they have their own distinct identities, purposes and atmospheres. This has been achieved to a decent degree in past ES games but I would love it if they went in deep on this.

Doubt this will happen as difficult to market a game with out a core story arc, but I think the appeal of putting the player in the shoes of the 'world's only hope' hero might seem a bit dated by 202X or whenevs its coming out.

Just to echo some of the previously mentioned stuff too, improved combat (side-stepping/dodging, taking into acc character class and encumbrance) to make it more like a 'dance', a deeper rather than bigger world in terms of interactivity and action you can take on the world, more verticality in the environments, greater sense of achievement or earning the status you receive.

would like to know what folks think of the idea of animations for interacting with things being implemented, for example picking berries you see a hand extend and make a grab animation, or you use a health potion in battle and there is a few seconds where your off-hand is un-usable as you are drinking it down. I guess the animations might take it more in a FarCry direction but if they have subtle gameplay effects id be up for them. But it sounds like a lean towards more hardcore and I feel the series is going in the opposite way.

May 3, 2020
Visit site
I would like to see more of the planes of oblivions, maybe the shivering isles again, or maybe something else that we have never experienced, something that has come before the previous games that we could see again.

Reactions: BornAgainPCGamer
May 3, 2020
Visit site
I would want the world around me to evolve and expand I would like my actions to mean something so if I did something bad it would had a negative impact in the game and I would notice it. Also like a interactive civil war were strategy would matter like war hammer 40k That would be awesone

Reactions: BornAgainPCGamer
would like to know what folks think of the idea of animations for interacting with things being implemented, for example picking berries you see a hand extend and make a grab animation, or you use a health potion in battle and there is a few seconds where your off-hand is un-usable as you are drinking it down. I guess the animations might take it more in a FarCry direction but if they have subtle gameplay effects id be up for them. But it sounds like a lean towards more hardcore and I feel the series is going in the opposite way.

And the animation to drink potions/ eat food to heal should also make it so you cannot spam eat 50 wheels of cheese to heal instantly in the middle of a battle.

Apr 28, 2020
Visit site
1 - Minimal loading screens - being able to enter buildings without waiting ages.
2 - cooperative 2 player game - not PvP like Fallout 76, just you and a friend enjoying a great experience - I'm doing much the same with a friend playing Divinity Original Sin 2 currently.
3 - smarter companions that aren't a total liability most of the time.

May 5, 2020
Visit site
Probably an unpopular opinion, but I really want actual co-op. Fully optional. Peer-to-peer (not a "service" that Bethesda provides), but the real thing. Kind of like what they are trying to do with the Skyrim multiplayer mod.

Imagine how fun it would be to play a true Elder Scrolls game with a couple of your friends.

Reactions: randyl
May 5, 2020
Visit site
I'd love to see:

• Better graphics... ofcourse.
• A more in depth skill system.
• Overhauled potion/enchanting system.
• Maybe a full fledged relationship mechanic.(Probably achievable with mods.)
• Speaking of mods, some modding tools for the mod makers would be nice.

There's probably alot more that isnt coming to mind right now, but that's atleast something.👌🏻

My TES6 Wishlist:

1. Better pathfinding AI -- I should not get stuck on a questline because an NPC doesn't know where to walk.

2. A more vast and varied generic voice cast. More specifically, a wider array of vocal options for each voice and gender, so for instance, at least three people voicing generic male Khajiit, three people voicing generic female Dunmer, etc... which would add up, I realize, but would make the world feel that much more believable, whereas right now it's really easy to have two characters talking to each other who sound eerily identical.

3. UNIQUE plot-related voice acting. If it's the voice of the random blacksmith, it cannot be the voice of a daedra, or thane, or guild leader, or major plotpoint charater in general. I know that going this route made the audio file size more manageable for both Oblivion and Skyrim, and that what I'm asking would result in a much more complicated dialogue system, but considering how much time now elapses between these titles, I think it'd be worth it for them to go all out on this, as who knows if or when there will ever be an Elder Scrolls 7. Now, IF one of the 'generic' voice actors from point 2 can pull off a convincing enough voice that they didn't even remotely use already, then fine, they can also do a unique character. But generally, I don't want the Thieve's Guild leader to sound like the town general goods store owner and also a daedric god.

4. More detailed and varied faces. I want to be able to look at an orc and immediately know whether I'd met them before, without looking at the their name. This is less about the toolset required, but more in how it is used, as I've seen mods that have managed to make some fairly unique-looking characters with TESV's system.

5. The option to disable NPC names upon mousing over someone I've never met. I say 'option' because I know it's a change a lot of people wouldn't like, but I'm tired of automatically, psychically knowing whether I should or shouldn't trust someone based on whether their hovertext says "Josef The Wise" or "Vagabond Bandit Lord." It's convenient, to be sure, but takes me out of the game a little, especially in VR.

6. Built-in VR capability, with an option to switch between them depending on mood that day. As much as I like Skyrim in VR, I can't quite commit to constantly playing in that mode, not enough to get particularly far in quests. So it'd be nice to not only get it "for free" with the base game, but also have the option to switch back to a 2D screen if the VR gets to be too much. Let me 2D my way past the gigantic spiders and then go back to enjoying the sweeping VR vistas.

7. Consequential, contextual, AI-infused physics. This means if I jump on the table and kick everyone's food around, NPC's care. This would also mean I can't just kick or drag an item around the corner to where an NPC can't see it so I can steal it in relative peace and safety. But most importantly it would mean that NPC's can't freakin' shove me while I'm aiming my bow. Their AI would know this is a 'bad thing', and only enemy AI could shove you. Or something.

8. A new guild, Guardians Of The Sweetroll. Despite the name, they would be a protector of all baked goods far and wide. This last suggestion is optional and I could go without it if the first 7 things were included.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS