Introduce yourself here!

Page 24 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Nov 5, 2021
Visit site
Hunterly here.
New to the sight and haven't played much for the last 8, 9 yrs but getting back to it I think.
I ask dumb questions but don't get mad if I get bad reply's back. I am a believer in the only dumb question is the one that doesn't get asked so just bear with me.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Hello all. Long-time lurker of the site, new forumgoer here. I've been in and out of games criticism for about ten years and learned a lot along this bumpy road, but a PC gamer for only six years. I'm hoping it'll contribute to many a fruitful discussion.

Be well all, and of course, welcome to my fellow newbies! ^^

• Love
Hey everyone. I'm WoodenSaucer, or just Woody. I'm an old man gamer. Haha. I'm 49 years old, and I've been gaming since the original Magnavox Odyssey days. For my whole life, I've always been interested in cutting edge tech, even if my budget won't let me own it myself. But PC gaming is definitely my main gaming interest. I'm also into Nintendo a little bit, mostly just for Zelda.

I've been involved in several other communities, but their traffic has died down, so I'm looking for a new community to add to it. It's good to see this place has some decent activity.

• Love
Dec 15, 2021
Visit site
Thank you Brian, that does help a bit.
It does seem very restrictive though. I did mention consoles as it's probably been a part of most people's gaming history! I've just bought my son a gaming PC, but I've never actually used one, does that mean I'm not really welcome on here?
It's fine, just a shame...

does that mean I'm not really welcome on here?
You are totally welcome Marsha :)

We're just moving your posts out of this thread, where they don't belong—won't get seen by any experienced members.

I made a new thread from your new PC posts in our System Building forum, where you should get some useful replies from our experts.

It does seem very restrictive though
Yeah, it's a shame it has to be that way. We get hit with up to 1,000 spam attempts per day, so we have no choice but to batten down the hatches.

When you have new questions, please make a new thread—putting them in an existing thread like this one is regarded as hijacking the thread and will probably get the post deleted.

You can always PM any of us mods if you're unsure about what to do :)

Dec 15, 2021
Visit site
Okay, oh I'm so sorry, I hadn't realised that. I definitely don't want to hijack anyone else's thread lol.
I have ADHD and I probably also do a lot of 'hijacking' in real life!
It's never done on purpose and I really wouldn't want to offend anyone, I'll try to be more mindful. I just appreciated all of the replies you guys had given to someone else and everyone seemed so friendly, I probably got carried away.
I also wasn't sure if I was allowed to make my own thread yet, but I obviously can then?
Thank you for your help Brian :)

I'm so sorry
No worries, we understand a forum takes a bit of getting used to for newbies :)

everyone seemed so friendly
Yep, the regulars here are a great bunch, knowledgeable and helpful.

make my own thread
Sure, fire away. Just be careful about posting links until the rest of the crew recognize you as a genuine member. Links are the spammers currency, so our tightest controls are on those.

Dec 18, 2021
Visit site
I'm Tommy, just trying to learn about PC gaming to help my teenage son

Hope I am doing this right, I'm just a dad here trying to learn some cool games to get my son for Christmas, I grew up on pinball and Dragons Lair LOL. He has a new gaming PC with the GTX 2060 and an Oculus Quest 2 with link. Thanks guys

HI All, I am Rogue Leader. Some of you may recognize me from Tom's Hardware as I am a moderator over there. But I've always been a fan of PC Gamer and I look forward to interacting with everyone and building this community here.

I remember you from Toms, I'm trying to learn what games to get my son for Christmas, got him his first gaming PC and a nice 27" monitor, PC has a GTX 2060 (best I could afford), can you recommend games for a 16 year old? He likes scary games and is starting to like FPS if that helps. Thanks RL, may the force be with you. I don't know if it was ok to ask you directly, please let me know if I made a mistake.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum :)

Hope I am doing this right

Don't worry about it, takes a bit of getting used to—we'll mind you :D

This thread is only for intros, no one reads it except for mods chasing down the masses of spam we get. I merged your 3 posts into the one & deleted the long quotes just to make things a bit neater.

I see you have some other posts in other forums, we'll help your specific questions in those. Enjoy your time with us :)

Jan 11, 2022
Visit site
Hi, my name is Vorg and I'm a game hoarder.

I love games. I have a bookcase full of old games. I have 500+ games in Steam, 100+ in GOG, 50+ in other services. I make games. Occasionally, I even have time to play games.

• Haha
Jan 22, 2022
Visit site
Hi! I am Zoltan and occasionally i play videogames. Recently just counterstrike source, but i like a good sci-fi as well. Unreal tournament 2004 was an ace in particular with cool modifications as well. Although i think it was unwise to make it so much available for modification, because science fiction draws more science fiction and there arent as numerous possible combinations for sci-fi especially not for sizeable ones such as the unreal franchise.

I dont have a lot of money nowadays so i dont purchase numerous videogames, plus i dont feel like gaming, more like watching good gameplays.

Jan 24, 2022
Visit site
Howdy folks! I'm a newbie from Texas. Just about to build my first gaming PC and am looking to get some tips from all of you seasoned pros.

Right now I mainly play CoD, Farming Sim, and The Hunter on the Xbox One, but hoping to expand my collection of games once I get my gaming PC up and running.

Looking forward to visiting with, and learning from, some of you.

Jan 25, 2022
Visit site
Hello all.

I'm The_Master, and was a very active member of the old Maximum PC forums, especially the Troubleshooting section.

Look forward to being just as active here.

See you guys in the threads!

Feb 5, 2022
Visit site
Hi everyone,! Just another passionate gamer and I also love VR. Of course I love computers and playing games. I also enjoy drawing, writing, music, motorcycles and fast cars. Glad to be part of this community.

TRENDING THREADS