Introduce yourself here!

Page 23 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
I read pretty much everything PC Gamer posts (again, for better or worse LOL) so I may as well join their forums and contribute where I can
Welcome to the forum :)

That's mainly why I'm here as well. Subscribed to the print magazine from soon after it launched in the 90s, and regularly visited the site for the last decade or so.

I look forward to your contributions :)

Jul 11, 2021
Visit site

That's mainly why I'm here as well. Subscribed to the print magazine from soon after it launched in the 90s, and regularly visited the site for the last decade or so.

I look forward to your contributions :)

I remember those (magazines)! My kids would probably ask what they are, but now you've got me thinking I need try getting my hands on some more physical literature here. Hmmm.

Jul 14, 2021
Visit site
My name is Henry,USMC vet, retired, mid-eighties. I recently started flight simulation using XP-11 and MSFS 2020 on a robust Windows PC and am getting along pretty well. I want to work on my reaction time and it has been suggested to me that I look into PC Games. In the 80s I went through a half dozen game consoles starting with Pong and ending with Coleco amassing hundreds of cartridges which I sold a few years ago for hundreds of dollars - just had no more storage space.

I am interested in a couple of games along the Galaga idea and a car driving/racing games for this purpose. I have a flight yoke, rudder pedals, and mouse at my disposal for hardware but definitely do not want to control using a keyboard.

My system is a Win 10 64 Bit, multi core water cooled Intel X9 system, Nvidia 2080Ti, 3 32" 4K displays, SSD drives, etc.

Can anyone suggest games for me to try that I can play on my setup?

Thanks in advance,

Henry

My name is Henry,USMC vet, retired, mid-eighties. I recently started flight simulation using XP-11 and MSFS 2020 on a robust Windows PC and am getting along pretty well. I want to work on my reaction time and it has been suggested to me that I look into PC Games. In the 80s I went through a half dozen game consoles starting with Pong and ending with Coleco amassing hundreds of cartridges which I sold a few years ago for hundreds of dollars - just had no more storage space.

I am interested in a couple of games along the Galaga idea and a car driving/racing games for this purpose. I have a flight yoke, rudder pedals, and mouse at my disposal for hardware but definitely do not want to control using a keyboard.

My system is a Win 10 64 Bit, multi core water cooled Intel X9 system, Nvidia 2080Ti, 3 32" 4K displays, SSD drives, etc.

Can anyone suggest games for me to try that I can play on my setup?

Thanks in advance,

Henry

Welcome otrman and thanks for your service. My daughter just finished Marine boot camp a couple of months ago.

You should be able to play any game on your setup, so that's not an issue. As far as Galaga goes, there's the Atari Vault on Steam that may actually have Galaga in it along with a lot of other, similar games that could be used to work on your reaction time.

You may want to consider a game like Cuphead (everything is basically on Steam if you aren't familiar with the PC gaming goliath) for reaction time; however, the game could be seriously frustrating for someone who hasn't been playing those types of games. If you are patient and don't mind dying over and over, take a look at it and see what you think.

Another game that may be even better for reaction times is Aim Lab, which is a game/tool used to help people improve at shooting games. Reaction time is a big part of it. It will tell you how you are performing and let you track your progress.

For something more fun (and related to racing since you mentioned that), try Forza Horizon 4. It's a fantastic racing game and not too far on the sim side. Can be possibly used with your flight set up, but is probably best with a controller or wheel (you can get good controllers for $20 on Amazon).

One thing you may not be aware of if you are kind of returning to gaming is the Xbox Game Pass for PC, which you can sign up for on any Windows 10 computer. I think it's maybe $4.99 a month for the first few months and then goes to $9.99 a month after that. You then have access to hundreds of games, including the Forza Horizon 4 that I mentioned. Since you don't have to pay for individual games, you could look around and try a bunch of different ones that might suit your purpose. With the Game Pass, you also get access to many games by Electronic Arts, like the racing games Need for Speed and various sports games that might help with your reaction times.

But, anyway, welcome aboard! Glad to have you.

Zloth

Community Contributor
Arg - kinda hard to give game recommendations in here. But anyway, following up on @ZedClampet's post...

Oh yeah, XBox Gaming Pass would be a good idea. You're paying a flat rate for all the games so you can try out a bunch and see what you like.

Your system is going to be able to play any game for the next few years. Unless some great breakthroughs come out with Virtual Reality, you shouldn't even need to look at system specifications for another 5+ years.

"...but definitely do not want to control using a keyboard. "

Ouch. Big ouch. Only a few games support yoke/rudder pedals. I can't think of any game that supports JUST a mouse - though you might be able to get by if its a mouse that has a lot of buttons on it. Then you could re-map keyboard commands to thumb buttons.

But anyway... yoke and rudder pedals, flight sims become glorious! (But do they need keyboard support for raising/lowering gear and the like?) Microsoft Flight Simulator is really pretty, might make for a good starting point:

Something more exciting but less pretty:

You'll need to check the details to make sure they actually work with your yoke/rudder pedals. Unless they are on Game Pass, in which case you can just download it and see for yourself.

(Note: I haven't played either game, I'm just going off what other people have said.)

Aug 10, 2021
Visit site
hi,looking for friends,a good forum and people to chat to. :)
i had been a big reader of PC gamer mag for years before i got out of PC gaming due to being moved into adult care.
im a PC gamer since the nineties (the eighties,if you class the commodore 64 as a PC in its own right) i am quite severely classic autistic-im non verbal and communicate largely through technology.im also mildly learning (intelectualy) disabled ,physicaly disabled and epileptic, all of which afect my gaming so i tend to play driving games (arcade style like FORZA horizon 4 although do play sim racer-assetto corsa competizione in test/time trial mode),FPSs that have a single player option and are not to overloading, and animal based games like spirit of the north,shelter 1/2/3, meadow and lost ember.
i use a third party PDP afterglow xbox one pad for most games and for FPSs i use either my mad katz wired red RAT 5 gaming mouse or a similarly designed but on the cheap side-a wired trust XRAY gaming mouse and its all on a asus tuf 20? gaming laptop. id buy a gaming PC but i dont have the space. im looking forward to FORZA horizon 5, just seeing it in GAME the other week made me smile,i preordered the half a terrabyte version of steam deck when it came out, looking forward to next year Q2 now aparently.

Aug 10, 2021
Visit site
Hi all, I am Bayu, I like playing simple video games, but I'm starting to like sophisticated video games
hi bayu, my name is emlyn.(y):)
have you got steam? if you have, theres a few 'simple' games you might like that arent to expensive,have a look at one called stardust-its the most underrated game on steam i think,on the surface it looks simplistic and to some people might be repetititve but look deeper than the cover and its addictive and a strong multi sensory experience.
-i recorded just under 2 minutes of stardust gameplay a while ago and put the video on youtube,if you search on youtube 'stardust using a third party xbox one pad' it shoud come up first,its not a well known game but it shoud be.
stardust is simple,relaxing and fun.

have a look at 'spirit of the north' on steam as well, its not complicated, you dont have a health bar so theres no way to suddenly die (apart from in the storyline which you have no control over),it looks amazing-it is based in iceland and you play as a fox. its a mostly relaxing adventurous journey with not to challenging puzzle bits involved you have to solve,but the storyline is great.

are you into on rail shooters ? this is not a common genre anymore but you possibly might find you like these as they do a lot of the delicate positioning for you and you have to mainly concentrate on the shooting and changing camera angles-usualy fast paced, one i can recommend is panzer dragoon (the remake of the first panzer dragoon is on steam,its stunning work).
or are you into first person and/or third person shooters? action? adventure? racing? simulators of any kind (for example,being able to play as an animal,or running your own farm or being a train,truck or plane driver/pilot?)

Reactions: Brian Boru
Aug 16, 2021
Visit site

M&S, is that Marks & Sparks? So you're in England?
Post in the System Building forum

M&S, is that Marks & Sparks? So you're in England?
Post in the System Building forum…
…following this guide:
Sorry I should have said.
Yes I'm in the UK....(Hertfordshire)

Aug 10, 2021
Visit site
A game freak who loves playing adventures. COD should be my best pc game so far.

I'm so glad to be part of this community.
hi, welcome- im a newbie and adventure fan to. what kind of adventures are you into?

if youve got steam and a budget to work with- you might realy enjoy two incredibly detailed, extravigant and visualy pleasing indie adventure games-very different in lots of ways but theyre constanrtly and very unhelpfuly compared to each other purely because the main playable character is a fox.
theyre called 'spirit of the north' (costs about £15) and 'lost embers' (costs about £25)
they are both adventure games with puzzle elements where you play as animals such as foxes, ducks and capybaras.

Oct 8, 2021
Visit site
Heyo! New to the community, lurked around for months but finally decided to create an account and be active. Especially since developing my first game i've grown closer to the gaming community than ever.

Thanks! Cheers ;)

Oct 11, 2021
Visit site
Markwhite here and I really have changing taste for games. Battlefield V seems to be competing with Destiny 2 right now and I hope am not spending to much time playing game this days...because I love playing a lot. I am a Front End developer and games are my breakaway hobby to let the codes alone :). I hope to contribute my bit here, for the love of the games.

• Love
Oct 19, 2021
Visit site
Hello everyone

i'm Fraxxy, my hobbies are playing games, music, volleyball, and reading. i'm newbie here but i am a fan of PC Gamers. I got information about the Pc Gamer community from my friend, he told me that this community is very interesting for me because I am also a gamer.

my favorite games are moba like dota 2, rpg games, and also pokemon, but lately i play pokemon because this game is fun. we can go on an adventure to find cute, unique and rare pokemon, and also sometimes we can get shiny and these pokemon are very hard to find. this is what i like playing this game, try playing this maybe you guys will be interested.

I want to go to Japan to work there in a chemical factory or food factory because I have experience in that field. I hope to work there to get a big salary to help my family and younger brother who just entered junior school. I am still in the stage of learning Japanese and physically to be able to pass the test. I'm apologize if there are any wrong words or bad grammar. I am still learning English. oh ya, I'm from Indonesia, greetings from Indonesia.

My current job is an online shop. I sell wooden furniture, handicrafts, etc. If there's anything I can help with about the game or something else, I'll be happy to help.

Oct 24, 2021
Visit site
Hi! I'm normally obsessed with my Sims 4. Like I have a SimLit for it. But i been playing Hogwarts Mystery via bluestacks app since I don't own a smart phone. As well as some other mobile games.

Oct 24, 2021
Visit site
Hi all,

Harrigan here. I just stumbed upon this page a couple of months ago and, liking it, decided to register. *cough* I have been a computer nerd since the 80s, starting on Commodore 64 :D

Nowadays I mostly play older games due to my hardware. Right now Ive got a Laptop and a new rig is about half a year away :-( The last games I played were Deus Ex HR and now Deus Ex MD. I love those kind of games, well, basically most games with RPG Elements in them :) Although I occasionally also like racing games or golf. Oh yeah, online gaming is basically a no go due to my crappy internet connection.

Apart from gaming my hobby is my house and my garden. I live in Paraguay and finance my life through investments. I read a lot (S. King ftw^^), enjoy cooking, love karaoke, pick up my guitar now and then, enjoy the company of 2 cats, and cant resist a cold beer :D Oh yeah, and I love music, everything from Tracy Chapman through to Nirvana over Leonard Cohen and 80s music! Oh yeah, and I love Billard.

Well, cu around

Oct 29, 2021
Visit site
Hello I am Silvestar(aka silvi6),

How I got my username? Pretty easy. In my old school my nickname was Silvi, so I added a 6 at the end because I am born in 2006. I created it when I was about 6-7 years old and I somehow still love the name.

I am currently 15 years old and my dream is to become an ICT. ICT is basicly Computer Coding for people who still did not know it. I really have no hobbies except play games after school. So I am basicly a pretty boring person.

TRENDING THREADS