Giveaway Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness PC Giveaway!

Page 3 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 24, 2021
Visit site
Im always a sucker for a sneaky archer. Whether its Diable, Baldurs Gate, or Elder scrolls, I will always pick an archer. Im not even sure why, mages are generally a lot more interesting and fun to play, but theres just something about archers that pulls me in.

Aug 24, 2021
Visit site
Rogues have always been my go-to primary class in classic RPGs. The ability to sneak around and more easily explore the game (and pick some pockets along the way) is extremely satisfying. Second top pick would be a Paladin for their ability to act as both the tank and a secondary healer role.

Aug 24, 2021
Visit site
Personally, I am partial to Bards and Rogues. I love music, and have connected to so many people through song, so there's a real life comfort in playing a Bard. And Rogues are just fun.

Typically, I play Rogues in all the isometric RPGs on PC, and Bard in tabletop games and LARPs!

Aug 24, 2021
Visit site
Torn on my favorite, in the original BG1 and 2, I did my fighter/thief multiclass. I loved just being able to beat things down while also having the thief abilities and blowing creatures up with backstab.

On the other side, nothing beats a straight up evo wizard. Just go for the biggest and most powerful spells and unleash the power on your enemy!

Aug 24, 2021
Visit site
It depends on the game and the availability of choices.
I'd normally go with multi-class if the option is there, otherwise a fighter-type on a first run and then maybe a rogue/thief type and then a mage.

Aug 24, 2021
Visit site
Mage would have to be my favorite. There is nothing like standing at a safe distance, with good cover and hurling glowing balls of death in the general direction of my enemy. But a warrior/brawler with a double axe is also just as fun.

Aug 24, 2021
Visit site
My Favorite Class has always been a Rogue of some soft, being able to moving around without being seen and dealing a lot of damage, and of course getting into those locked chests with all the goodies!

Aug 24, 2021
Visit site
Which classic RPG classes do you love and why? The rogue for sure because in many RPGs there are usually locked containers (safes, chests etc) and locked rooms with desirable loot especially early in the game. Rogues also usually has stealth which makes encounters easier to engage in or avoid. Another skill that’s often part of the rogue’s skill set is archery which allows for long distance kills—very satisfying.

Aug 24, 2021
Visit site
I absolutely have to say the Wizard is always my favorite class to play. The reason being is that I've always been kind of a nerdy kid. I was always teased cause I was skinny and couldn't manage sports at all. I'd watch the guys playing Football, Basketball and wished that I had the ability to join in. Every time I tried however, it was a complete failure. So I gave up and stayed with my one true love which was reading. When I started playing Dungeons and Dragons with some friends, I found the one character that I could truly lose myself in. The Wizard. The Wizard was not physically strong, but relied on their Intellect to move him/her through life. They voraciously poured through tomes to gain more knowledge and become more powerful. Solving quests, saving people...saving the planet. Words cannot express the joy and freedom I feel when playing a Wizard. It doesn't matter who you are or what your age, race, religion or gender is, a Wizard can move mountains and change the world with just their mind. Along with his adventuring party of course. Like the famous song says..."I get by with a little help from my friends." :)

Aug 24, 2021
Visit site
I like Phantasie, Wizard's Crown, Might and Magic 1-8, Ultima 1-7, and 9, Baldur's Gate, Planescape Torment. NWN and NWN 2, Icewind Dale, Dark Heart of Uukrul, Lords of Xulima and everything ever published or developed by Bethesda Softworks that isn't online :)

I nearly always play a mage or mage hybrid in party-based games like this. In BGCoD, I chose a Dwarven ftr/shaman/thief multiclass for this particular play through. I already have dozens of hours in the game as someone put the link up last week at RPGWatch.

The game has about 10 maps to explore prior to the EA release and you'll hit level 4 or 5 as a single-classed character. My current may not quite reach level 3, but with gear I've got good melee damage and about 12 spells to sling around. It's quite fun.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2021
Visit site
I've always been a Warlock kinda guy.

I love the idea of bargaining with some great entity to augment and fuel your abilities. In fantasy, there's generally so much strength attained with no cost or consequence, so the idea of being beholden to something in order to achieve power seems like a fair and sensible exchange.

And it creates for great roleplaying opportunities!

Aug 24, 2021
Visit site
Ranger, but not if I am forced into using a bow. Let me play an Aragorn style ranger. Sword and shield, nature skills, tracking, leadership skills. A melee based character with utility.

Aug 24, 2021
Visit site
I was talking about this on stream last night. I love to play a rogue - I only trust myself with keeping my party safe from traps and talking my way out of encounters with the law.

Aug 24, 2021
Visit site
I'm always a Mage in every RPG I play - the ability to stand back from the melee and think about what spells I want to cast is the best way to express my creativity as a player!

Aug 24, 2021
Visit site
My favorite classic RPG classes are just a standard fighter (i know, kinda boring) and probably the paladin or cleric. I really like being able to sort of relate to my character as a fighter as usually they are just regular people or soldiers without special magical capabilities and that alone to me is more relatable than other classes. It's also my preferred class since they an easily be used for a variety of things so they are very versatile! I enjoy the paladin and cleric when I want to be a good support class but also have the brawn to back it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS