Giveaway {Winner Announced!} Win the ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Twin Fan!

Page 38 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 21, 2020
Visit site
Luckily I am able to work from home, but otherwise I have ordered all the parts to build my new gaming rig and am super stoked to do that! It’s my first build and I’m sure it’ll keep me busy!

Apr 21, 2020
Visit site
Being home is something I appreciate as It causes us to internalize things we would otherwise avoid. I have always been drawn to self development and being home fuels that. I use the time to read articles to fill my knowledge banks and probe my brain to present deeper questions. I also enjoy my fair share of gaming. I enjoy strategic and action based titles especially the ones chocked-full of quality lore and content. All in all, being home is a blessing. Use your time wisely but also... relax.

Apr 21, 2020
Visit site
I am working from home, being able to play a few games (getting past my noob status in CS:GO) and my friends are hosting online poker games! I am also planning my next PC build to take place in the next 3 weeks or so!

Apr 21, 2020
Visit site
Right before I got laid off I used my pay check to build a pc. I bought the i5-9600kf and some other parts to fit my check in there lol. I knew that I’d be home most of the time since my car broke down around the same time so why not build a pc? Other than that I’d just been playing modern warfare and learning code and looking at pc parts in the mean time! Thanks!

Was made redundant just as all this pandemic stuff really kicked off so just been stuck at home with my partner and our two year old. My days are all sandcastles and peanut butter toast. Thank god for the new episodes of Bluey or I'd be in Peppa Pig hell, I can't stand that show.

I try to play games of an evening after dinner and dishes and bathtime etc, but haven't touched anything since last weekend so that much hasn't changed at least. If I won the giveaway it'd probably be a month before I opened the damn thing.

Stay safe! Wash your hands!

Apr 21, 2020
Visit site
As an introvert.. I'm doing pretty good. xD
To be honest, I'm staying home 'cause things went pretty crazy and I just don't wanna take risks (+ I kinda "got fired").
Also.. Started an YouTube channel. This 2070 Super would Super help me.

Reactions: сергей333
Apr 21, 2020
Visit site
You know, when the 'stay at home' rolled around, I was really frustrated. I was 95% done with a project I'd been working on in secret to surprise my brother with. When I was 8, and my brothers were 10 ans 12, my grandfather took his life. He had been a Naval officer, sheriff and firefighter. He loved his family, taught us fun things, and was a wonderful person.

Each of us kids got something to remember him by, and somehow, my brother ended up with just an old knife blade that grandfather had packed away in a corner. The grips were long rotted away and the sheath was nowhere in sight. At one point my brother thought I might be able to make a basic 3d-printed handle for it, so he gave me the knife and I started plotting. I wanted to do something better than cheap plastic.

I took the opportunity during the start of lock down to put most of the finishing touches on the surprise. I may have paid a visit to my brother to drop off the present after lock down so that it wouldn't sit around here for so long. But given that I was staying home the rest of the time, I had a lot of time to finish this thing off.

1. The knife blade before restoratiopn
2. The laced maple burl (top) and the walnut burl (bottom)
3. The blade after initial restoration
4. Working on carving out blocks with the Dremel 4300
5. Decorative knife block of laced maple burl & ebony
6. Grips and blade almost finished
7. Assembled, polished, just needs sharpening!

I got it mostly done, and my father volunteered to sharpen it for me, but due to the lock down, it ended up going to my dad / brother at the same time, so my brother knew what he was getting, before it got sharpened. It has since been sharpened and my brother loves it, but the sharpening didn't change the appearance enough to bother with more photos!

After I finished that, I have just been practicing with the Dremel and keeping my mind busy. And when I'm not carving, I'm playing Minecraft. What can I say... I love 'MAKING' stuff whether it be digital, or physical! The other wood project I had started as well, is on hold until its safe to go visit friends, as I'm working on a lathe in a friend's shop to make a juniper vase.

Hope you are all staying safe! :)

Apr 21, 2020
Visit site
I'm working from home full-time, helping with the kids and in order to stay sane - devising a plan to re-enter the gaming world. To build my gaming PC there is a bit of saving to do first but in the interim PCPartPicker has become my new best friend! Further to this, in the last couple of days, I've revitalized my sorry excuse of a mining machine and despite a prehistoric video card have been smashing out some HOTS. Stay safe, stay home and stay gaming! Cheers Luke aka Fingalbang

Im one of the many that have commented that is still fully working, having to go out with a mask every single day.

But when im home my wife and i game with and without my son. We are using an old i5, 980 combo and would love to upgrade that build with a 2070! Good luck to all of you, in this sweepstakes and in dealing with COVID-19.

Jan 31, 2020
Visit site
Fortunately I ve been able to continue working as I'm in the nursing field but to keep myself and my family safe I've been limiting leaving the house and been spending my time taking care of my son and in my spare time mainly at night I play squad, warzone, eft, metro exodus and more

Hello, I'm VP of Beef Ted Franks. You may know me from the "your application is pending" line on the unemployment website.

In lieu of money to feed my family, I will accept a dope as heck 2070 super. VP of Beef Ted Franks OUT.

Apr 21, 2020
Visit site
I work from home normally so the transition to quarantine has been easy. "Hermitting" has never been so socially acceptable! Now if I could just find more time to game... family first... but when I can I'm romping through older titles... just finished Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning last night, been playing through BG: Siege of Dragonspear, thoroughly enjoying the MC Collection (can't wait for Halo 3+ since PC versions stopped at 2).

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2020
Visit site
I'm working from home. I have a 3 year old son with asma, so the only time I leave the house is to do a grocery pick up (groceries go directly into the trunk) or go on a nature walk. Games, VR, and books are keeping me sane.

Apr 21, 2020
Visit site
A1 Plus Ultra

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 3.9 GHz 8-Core Processor ($338.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken M22 Liquid CPU Cooler ($96.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard ($219.00)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($94.99 @ Best Buy)
Storage: Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($109.99 @ B&H)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB FTW3 HYBRID GAMING Video Card ($759.99 @ Amazon)
Case: In Win A1 Plus Mini ITX Tower Case w/650 W Power Supply ($199.00 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Fractal Design Ion SFX-L 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply ($121.00 @ Amazon)
Total: $1939.95
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-21 09:48 EDT-0400

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts