Giveaway Win one of three Assassin's Creed Valhalla Gold Edition Keys from PC Gamer!

Page 17 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am playing Odyssey now and absolutely love the game. I would say my favorite would be Black Flag. The sea shanties win it for me. It was so fun when the game came out and I already new all the songs. American history to boot. It was sooooo fun.

Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
My favourite game in the series is, undoubtedly, Assassin's Creed, the original one. No game after the first one ever really lived up to the fantasy set up by it; most didn't attempt to, either. The closest to attempt that, though marred by baffling design choices and a horrendously rushed development, is probably Unity.

While I am mostly down on the new Assassin's Creed paradigm, I still mostly enjoy my time with the games, though there's a lot of glaring design and narrative issues with them. While I don't expect Valhalla to resolve all of them, the development team's transparency on their attempts to fix them while still remaining in this mode intrigues me, and while I wish the games were something else entirely, I am looking forward to seeing what they've accomplished with the game, especially them continuing the sophomoric narrative of Assassin's Creed Odyssey. I am definitely looking forward to seeing how, if, they "fix" it.

Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
My favorite AC game has been Odyssey! I loved how much Odyssey improved on the stealth experiene - not by altering the mechanics from Origins, but by providing very engaging environments to deploy those mechanics. Additionally, the combat was super fun for me coming from Black Flag - and the Spartan Kick was awesome!

Reactions: Majkydrew
Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
Let me answer both of your questions:
My favourite Assassin Creed game hmmmm hard question because i love the first 3 that came out but if i need to choose which one i would say the last one "Assassin's Creed III" because i loved evey single detail about it.
The story was amazing and the timeline was perfect for the series like fighting templars and meeting the greatest enginner and architect Leonardo da Vinci to experience his amazing work was something unforgettable. One of his build was Flying Machine and maybe i didnt like flying that thing but i still cant forget about that. It had the best story in "Present time". Desmond Miles for me is a character that i will always remember for everything that was happening to him and how he tried to fight every obstacle that was in front of him, i just didnt like the ending but i got over it nonetheless.
Answering your second question why i am looking forward to playing Valhalla it is because of the story that i want to get to know every little aspect of it, and there are Vikings which arent in many games now. And the Nordic mythology which is the best mythology with many legends and awesome monster. Very good message for me is that there will be RPG elements(Choices, Romances, leveling up armor and weapons, and many skills) like in Odyssey. Overall i cannot wait for this game and i hope i will get the chance to meet Thor or other Gods and DLCs will be as good as in the Odyssey or Origins.
Last thing i want to say is Good Luck to everyone participating and I am sorry for my bad grammar.

Reactions: Majkydrew
Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
My favourite Assassin's Creed is Assassin's Creed Revelations, the story of Ezio Auditore in his twilight years really hits home cause of his characterization from AC2 to AC Revelations, the mechanics were fun (Hookblade) and unlike other Assassin's Creed's (Tower Defense Minigame), and I enjoy the story to this day, Valhalla seems like it has the original elements of the earlier AC games but with reasonably different mechanics.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2020
Visit site
My favorite AC game is Odyssey. Between the graphics, vastness, lore, RPG elements etc it had it all.

I’ve been playing the AC games since the beginning. Ubisoft knows how to balance these between pure fun along with a touch of real history to fill you with knowledge.

I am a massive Medieval and Viking era history buff and playing Valhalla has me beyond excited for next week.

I want this series to continue on for a long time and I look forward to the next journey in Valhalla

Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
AC IV Black Flag is still my favorite game of the series. The setting, the protagonist, Edward, and the supporting characters, the ship gameplay... all of that was really, really fun to experience. I'm excited that Darby came back to be the Narrative Director of Valhalla, he did a great job on the story for Black Flag. Can't wait!

Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
As far as the story goes ezio trilogy was best although it had chunky mechanics and combat silent assassination was good now that we are moving from OG assassin's creed making it a fully rpg. I don't like rpg in general. Origins was decent with decent story and decent story runtime never got into odyssey cause of "dialogue selection", useless side quests to level up the character and other all rpg stuff. Hope Valhalla can have 1shot kill like the old AC.

Nov 5, 2020
Visit site
AC Odyssey is by far my favorite Assassin Creed, AC series is getting stronger and stronger after the excellent mechanics introduced by Origin, I have pretty high hopes from Valhalla and sincerely looking forward to play it!

Nov 5, 2020
Visit site
Hey everyone!

In some days we are going to live our viking adventure and I couldn't be more excited! It's incredible how assassin's creed has change over the years.

My favorite game so far was Assassin's Creed 2 because of the characters and the narrative line. But I must confess that I really enjoyed playing Origins and Odyssey because of the RPG system and this is why I'm so excited to play Valhalla as well, due to the RPG and because I guess It will be a mix between the lasts assassins creed games

Nov 5, 2020
Visit site
My favorite assassin's creed game is origins, because I love rpgs and it has a lot of diverse quests (so far what I've seen). And the phylakes bring in a level of caution and difficulty.

Jan 28, 2020
Visit site
They were all great, first one when you look it now seems so simple but bloddy briliant. But favorite was Odyssey, mythology vibe rules, so this game could have similar great vibe.

My favourite Assassin's Creed game, if not by much, is the second one. It might just be nostalgia talking but if felt like the best evolution between games in the series. I know that the leap to action-rpg that happened with Origins is probably the more dramatic change in style, but AC2 added gear upgrades, cosmetic accessories, freaking gondolas, a town to upgrade, more varied locations, hirable NPCs and a second hidden blade just for giggles.

My favourite is Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag. The game is perfect in my eyes. The story is best in the franchise(on par with Revelations), the gameplay never gets old, the open-world still to this day looks amazing, the exploration is so organic, the soundtrack is a blessing, the sea shanties are addicting, the modern-day maybe slow-paced but what it introduces to the lore is great and the main character Edward Kenway(on par with Ezio) is one of the best characters of all time.

I am beyond excited for Assassin's Creed Valhalla. The development team that made Revelations is the team that made both Black Flag and Origins and now Valhalla, this reason alone is why I am mostly excited. Also, the Narrative Director, Darby Mcdevitt, is the genius behind both Revelations and Black Flag and now Valhalla, I genuinely couldn't have asked for more. An open-world Viking game with nuanced themes was always something I wanted after seeing the anime Vinland Saga(which by the way is collaborating with ACV for a one-shot manga). This combined with the fact that this takes place within the Assassin's Creed lore(just like Black Flag is a Pirate game) is the icing on the cake. Also, this game has the chance to directly influence and connect to 2008s Assassin's Creed as ACV takes place 300 years before, we could get to see how the Hidden Ones become the Assassin Order as seen in Masyaf.

Nov 5, 2020
Visit site
My Favourite Assassin's Creed was Revelations, the storyline was rich and the gameplay experienced showed us what it meant to be an ASSASSIN....It was focused far more on being an expert assassin than the recent games and lastly, it was Ezio Auditore da Firenze last game 🙂

I cant wait to play Valhalla because of the new changes, I've played and finished every single AC game so far and I'd love to play this one.

Nov 5, 2020
Visit site
It’s got to be Assassin’s Creed 2 because it had the best characters in it with Desmond, Ezio and the whole blood line, the storyline was 10/10 couldn’t have been better. One of the best games ever created no doubt in my mind

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 5, 2020
Visit site
I loved Ezio's trilogy in AC2, Brotherhood & Revelations for the setting but I also enjoyed Odissey's open world and technical advancements very much.
Looking forward to see the new adventures in Valhalla!

Nov 5, 2020
Visit site
Assassins Creed II still holds a special place in my heart, the way it builds on the first game and really nailed the concept and the movement was awesome, plus Ezio is such a cool dude.

Valhalla looks cool because it looks like they've increased the amount of stuff you discover by exploring rather than having a map marker on it. I find stuff like that really increase my immersion and makes the game world feel more like a real place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS