Competition Win an EPIC Black Edition gaming chair from noblechairs!

Page 4 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
It was Doom II for the longest time, more than nostalgia, the game never got old for me. However Doom 2016 finally overtook it as my favorite game of all time since it updated and enhanced everything I loved about Doom. If Eternal builds on Doom 2016 the way Doom II built on the original I might be soon playing the greatest game ever! Can't wait.

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
Pokemon Red for the Gameboy

This was very tricky to pick actually, and it's really the specific experience of playing it that first night. It's one of two experiences that I compare all other games to on the scale of how enjoyable I find them. The wonderment and sense of adventure that first night of playing the game is what very few things compare to.

My favourite memory of Red was when I was about 6 years old and trekking through Viridian Forest I got poisoned for the first time. I'd just got my GBC and Pokemon Red for Christmas so hadn't even used the GBC for any other game yet and I thought that the screen shaking effect, that was happening from the poisoned pokemon, was actually because my battery was low :grin: I figured out what was actually happening eventually but it took an embarrassing amount of time before I did!

Jan 14, 2020
Visit site
Honestly, probably Goldeneye 007. I had been playing for a long time before that, but it brought 3d and multiplayer gaming to a new level for me which has kept me going every since. So many amazing memories with friends in that as well.

Reactions: Round
Jan 13, 2020
twitch.tv
I've had the most overwhelming amount of fun in Garry's Mod, if that counts as its own game. Coming back from school each day to play countless hours of Trouble In Terrorist Town, Prop Hunt, and other inventive game modes still brings me warm memories.

Not to mention the culture of hilarity that game brought us after The Orange Box was released. The second golden age of PC Gaming IMO.

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
All time favourite is suuuuper tough, however right now i've gone back to re-re-re-play Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy, and its still brilliant fun

If you asked me the same question a couple of days ago, I would have said: Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis. A superb adventure game that I had a blast playing as a teenager. Good story, good puzzles, funny, and with awesome sound and atmosphere. Hell, I even got stuck in the game once and I had to call the hint support line. How cool isn't that?

Things have happened in the last few days and another old game is taking the throne: Doom! Not just any Doom, but the old and golden, Doom. The Doom I had to put on different floppy discs, so my parents would not notice what game I played. The Doom I did my first DM serial cable run. The Doom that I recently played with over 250+ people and that made me have so much fun (even if it was laggy & unstable as hell for a long while) that I had to put this on the throne! Here is a memorable pic from the event:

Screenshot_9.png

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2020
Visit site
My all time favorite game may just be Resident Evil 3 (the original). It was the first "long" video game I ever memorized step-by-step and got really good at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS