Competition Win a Winter Bundle from PC Gamer and GOG

Page 4 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 16, 2022
Visit site
In a sea of boomer shooters, Prodeus stands out as having the closest resemblance to the original DOOM games. Really been looking into giving it a try.

Dec 16, 2022
Visit site
Really quite cool games, but if i have to choose, definitely have to go with Psychonauts 2, loved the first one back in the days and got it back on steam a few years ago and 100% it, just had to.

Jan 14, 2020
Visit site
It's difficult to say between Disco Elysium and No Man's Sky, but I'll say I'd be most excited to give No Man's Sky a spin. I used to play a game called Noctis IV. It was a tiny little game developed by a solo Italian developer and had a small, but devoted community to playing the game.

There was almost no story, but you were an explorer seeking to log the universe. There were a tremendous amount of stars, planets, and moons and you could dart around to them, descend to the surface and attempt to explore. Some even had life, but they were few and far between. The graphics were rudimentary and if I recall correctly displayed at an eye-watering 320x240 resolution, but it was such a unique and relaxing game. Really forced you to engage in your imagination a bit. I'd go to different systems, log each planet and moon, and fly off somewhere else. There wasn't much more to it.

So, anyway, I'd like to give No Man's Sky a try as I'm pretty sure it would be like Noctis IV but slightly better.

Dec 16, 2022
Visit site
Psychonauts 2. I think Dave Grossman is cool. Lucas Arts was an amazing company for the Adventure genre- and I'm curious about such a game as this that explores the inner warpings of people's minds and saves their souls through saving their minds. I'm on the Autism Spectrum and daily struggle with my own mind so I love such an idea as helping people with their minds.

Jan 22, 2020
Visit site
Psychonauts 2 and Tunic. One is a Zelda game that looks really great, and the other is a top tier game from my childhood and has James Willems as the voice of some of the characters.

Dec 16, 2022
Visit site
I have intended to play Disco Elysium forever, and this might be the push I need to actually do it. I think it'll be a good backseat gamer game to play with my wife.
Tunic is a must play, go in blind!
And we also loved Psychopaths.

Dec 16, 2022
Visit site
Disco Elysium: I've heard so much good about this game, but when it came out, I felt like it was above my understanding. I used to be very well-versed in political theory, and lately I've been lamenting my current lack of confidence in that area, which is why I'm now very much drawn to the concept of Disco Elysium. A politically-charged role-playing game made by an Eastern European anarcho-communist collective? Sign me up. So few games address real-world political issues so overtly, and that's one of the things that I think is preventing the medium from being taken seriously. Art imitates life, and games cannot be considered art if they refuse to acknowledge the real world.

That being said, I've been holding off on buying this games due to the real-world politics surrounding this game's intellectual property right now. I don't know who's in the right, and I certainly don't want to give anyone money until I do. I would greatly appreciate being gifted this apparently incredible game so I don't have to worry about that!

Dec 16, 2022
Visit site
No Man's Sky. - The game was heavily pegged by critics on launch... Which garnered the title a bad reputation.

But it seems after years of hard work, dedication and persistence, the game may actually be worthy of it's promises all those years ago... And it is probably time I gave it a second chance.

Dec 16, 2022
Visit site
No Man's Sky for sure. I remember being so excited when playing it for about 5 minutes on a friend's console when i had no gaming device of my own and being blown away. I'm excited to see the progress that has been made!

Dec 16, 2022
Visit site
No Man's Sky! I am coming back form an 11 year gaming hiatus in a few months and would love to start by exploring the most vast video game world available. I was a little saddened when I briefly played this one in its underwhelming state a few years ago at my friend's house but so glad to see it's redemption story

May 2, 2020
Visit site
Disco Elysium - I have heard so many great things about it, but have managed to avoid almost all spoilers. Been waiting for an opportunity to get a copy! Wish the creative team behind it the best of luck with their future endeavors.

Would love Two Point Hospital. I've recently been on a chill-type gaming streak. The videos for it are funny, cute graphics. It looks like a great game to de-stress with and have fun. I was going to get Two Point Campus, decided to hold off until I play Two Point Hospital. I won't buy myself anything until well into the new year, too busy buying for everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts