Giveaway Win a GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Cyberpunk 2077 Edition graphics card from PC Gamer and GOG.COM!

Page 336 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2020
Visit site
Hello, if I could win i would put the game on max settings to fully immerse myself in the hard work the developers put into developing the game. I would do all the missions and side quests to fully enjoy the game as well.

May 4, 2020
Visit site
I am super excited to immerse myself in the world. It seems like they are putting so much effort into making the world feel alive. I love the cyberpunk genre, they often hit on themes like "what does it mean to be a human" etc. That stuff really resonates with me. CD project has some amazing writers so I think they'll pull some great stuff off here.

May 4, 2020
Visit site
I want to feel the freedom of creating a character that feels like who I really want to be, and then watch how the world reacts to the choices I make!

I’m building a computer just so I can play this game at peak performance!

May 4, 2020
Visit site
First off, I just want to say that I have loved the cyberpunk genre ever since I first watched the Ghost in the Shell anime. This love was heightened with the Ghost in the Shell movie and especially the new Bladerunner movie. The first time I got acquainted with Cyberpunk 2077 was my Junior year in high school (2013) and I was both thrilled and ecstatic that there would finally be another work being released in my favorite genre. As the months turned to years, I eventually left the game in the back of my mind as I started college where I thought about it every once in a while. Flash forward to after graduating college and ya boy CD Projekt Red dropped a new flipping trailer

- Hallelujah -

I thought I would never hear from this mastapiece ever again (you guys, I honestly thought it would be released in 2077 at this point 😭). But anyways, you guys thought I was excited in 2013, hell no I was fracking pumped after watching this like HOLY **** a trailer AND a 48 minute walkthrough. From what I saw, these people working at CD Projekt Red are taking the cyberpunk genre to a whole other level - like this will be in the History books children. But that’s not all cuz then another trailer came out and - SHUT THE FRONT DOOR THAT’S KEANU FUDGIN REEVES!! WHAT?!?! WHEN!?!? HOW?!?!!! WHAAAaaaaaaaaaaaa… Did someone kill his dog again? Is that why we have a city to burn? Wait there’s an actual release day and it’s not in the year 2077?!? 🙌

Safe to say I cried a little that day. Then a deep dive video came out and I was swimming in ecstasy for the whole duration of the video that I had to watch it another two times cuz y’know, didn’t want to miss anything. Homeboy was blessed. Not only is the futuristic world a neon tech haven but it also dishes out a lot of crime which just makes the game a whole lot entertaining and does the genre justice. This is why I’m so excited to play this game. The part I’m excited about the most once I start playing this game would be to just wander around Night City and just explore the world and take everything in. After I’m done all the Dora the Exploring, I’d do the missions arranged by the ‘fixers’ as seen in the trailers. I’d also want to find out more about the connection between V and Johnny Silverhand and how the dynamics would go. Honestly speaking one of my favorite parts of this game, other than Johnny Silverhand would be that you essentially get to choose your own path. Your history, the weapons, body upgrades, and even the stuff you specialize in is customizable, not just the physical appearance and for that I’d give this four thumbs up (toes included). I could be a hacker or someone who specializes in melee and everything in between; the game is very flexible in a lot of aspects and the world seems genuinely real and well thought out -- and this is just from me watching the trailers.

Every action seems to have a consequence in the game and there are multiple paths to take which I’m excited for because the options seem limitless - almost like a buffet - so this world will definitely not be boring… that’s for sure. Unfortunately right now I’m working with only the NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M, kinda outdated I know, so I’m crossing my fingers this will improve in the near future and a good graphics card to boot will definitely help in that process so that playing Cyberpunk 2077 on my PC would not be impossible. Until then, I will wait til September when it’s finally released and then live like a hermit to play the game. ✌

Last edited by a moderator:
May 4, 2020
Visit site
The thing I'm excited for the most in this game is the character customization. Games that have the ability for you to make a personal character that you build creatively and dress with lots of options of clothing is very appealing to me! The one thing that bugs me though is that I’ve heard most cutscenes are going to be in first person, which takes away from the enjoyment of looking at your character that you’ve created. Im sure we will have some aspects of looking at what we created, but it would have been neat to have the dialogue camera angles and set up that was used in The Witcher 3. This is my personal opinion and I cant wait to play the game!

May 4, 2020
Visit site
I want a bunch, but if I had to pick one thing...

An organic word! The Witcher 3 had a fairly organic world, but you eventually saw through it playing the game enough. Making the world unpredictable, giving you a reason to visit places you've already been to, having the world you adventure in organic in that everything won't stay in the same state - it'll change as you progress through the story.

May 4, 2020
Visit site
You could say I'm most excited for the world in general. I'm a bit of a lore nut when it comes to my games - I love to look through every nook and cranny to see what catches my eye, and see new things that tell their own little stories. I have a lot of confidence in CDPR to litter this city with tons of cool stuff to discover, and I'm just looking forward to learning about it all... and shooting people. But the learning is the best part!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS