What would YOU change about this 3070 pre build?

Dec 10, 2020
Visit site
I’ve heard negative things about pre builds... I went ahead an ordered one though as I do not have much experience building PCs (and it was the only way to get my hands on a 3070).

Primary use will be;
-Playing Call Of Duty Warzone at highest FPS possible
-Streaming call of duty to twitch
-Music Production

Here is the prebuilt PC parts list;
Case
iBUYPOWER Slate 4 Tempered Glass ARGB Gaming Case

Case Fans
Default Case Fan

Processor
Intel® Core™ i7-10700KF Processor (8x 3.80 GHz /16MB L3 Cache)

Processor Cooling
iBUYPOWER 240mm Addressable RGB Liquid Cooling System - Black - Free Upgrade to iBUYPOWER DEEPCOOL GAMERSTORM RGB 240mm CASTLE 240EX Liquid Cooler

Memory
16 GB [8 GB X2] DDR4-3000 Memory Module - Certified Major Brand Gaming Memory [Free Upgrade to 16GB DDR4-3200 XPG D41 RGB]

Video Card
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 - 8GB GDDR6 (VR-Ready)

Motherboard
MSI Z490-A PRO - WiFi, ARGB Header (2), USB 3.2 Ports (1 Type-C, 3 Type-A), M.2 Slot (2)

Power Supply
700 Watt - High Power - 80 PLUS

Primary Hard Drive
1 TB WD Blue SN550 M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD -- Read: 2400MB/s; Write: 1750MB/s

Sound Card
3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard

Network Card
Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)

Hi, if you're just after a quick sanity check the components look good and it will play Warzone smoothly for you, so no worries there.

What I would have changed would depend on the budget and parts available to me. Usually you get better components overall by building yourself for the same price as a pre-built.

One thing I can say is that the PSU's in these pre-built machines are usually just O.K. But that doesnt really affect its performance, more its longevity and potential for overclocking. They also dont tend to have particularly great case cooling as is, but again your average consumer probably isnt going to notice that in practice.

Enjoy :)

Reactions: Nemesis44UK
Dec 14, 2020
Visit site
On paper, that looks to be a great system that will stand you in good stead for a number of years. A couple of concerns - IBUYPOWER isn't a name brand, so I'd be a little wary of their water-cooler sitting on my extremely expensive CPU.

The other thing is that Hi Power PSUs can be mediocre, although the 80+ seems better than some.

Reactions: Kaamos_Llama

TRENDING THREADS