RESOLVED New gaming PC build – troubleshooting – unable to boot

Apr 8, 2023
Visit site
Hi, this is the first time I’m trying to build a PC and it did not boot. The lights and fans turn on, but I’m getting LED error lights on the motherboard. First the ”dram” light turns on then off, then the “vga” light turns on then the “boot” light turns on. The “boot” and “vga” error led’s stay lit up. Nothing comes up on the monitor. I’ve tried various things like flashing the bios, unplugging and plugging back in everything, testing 2 vs 4 stick ram configurations, with and without hard drive, but still nothing comes up on screen. Any ideas how to narrow down where my problem is? Thanks!

• Processor Intel Core I7-12700KF Desktop Processor 12 (8P+4E) Cores Up To 5.0 GHz Unlocked LGA1700 600 Series Chipset 125W
  • Motherboard ASRock Z690 Pro RS LGA 1700 Intel Z690 SATA 6Gb/s DDR4 ATX Intel Motherboard
  • Cabinet Thermaltake V100 C+P CA-3K7-45M1NU-02 No Power Supply ATX Mid Tower (Black)
  • RAM 4X G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 X 16GB) 288-Pin SDRAM (PC4-28800) DDR4 3600 CL16-19-19-39 1.35V Dual Channel Desktop Memory Model F4-3600C16D-32GVKC
  • Storage SAMSUNG 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe Gen 4 Gaming M.2 Internal Solid State Hard Drive Memory Card, Maximum Speed, Thermal Control, MZ-V8P2T0B
  • Graphics Card GIGABYTE AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT Gaming OC 16G Graphics Card, 16GB Of GDDR6 Memory, Powered By AMD RDNA 2, HDMI 2.1, WINDFORCE 3X Cooling System, GV-R68XTGAMING OC-16GD
  • Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS GX-750, 750W 80+ Gold, Full-Modular, Fan Control In Fanless, Silent, And Cooling Mode, Perfect Power Supply For Gaming And Various Application, SSR-750FX.
  • CPU Cooler Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L RGB Close-Loop CPU Liquid Cooler, 240mm Radiator, Dual Chamber RGB Pump, Dual MF120R RGB Fans, RGB Lighting For AMD Ryzen/Intel LGA1200/1151
  • Monitor SAMSUNG 34-Inch SJ55W Ultrawide Gaming Monitor (LS34J550WQNXZA) – 75Hz Refresh, WQHD Computer Monitor, 3440 X 1440p Resolution, 4ms Response, FreeSync, Split Screen, HDMI, Black

Reactions: Brian Boru
Apr 9, 2023
Visit site
There are a few things I would try... The KF does not have integrated graphics so, try a different or older card to see you that works. I would also, check the website for the MB to see if the bios supports your ram/graphics card as that might need to be updated. Lastly I would try a different stick of ram or less ram.

Best of luck on your first build

Drew

Edit - I also checked the qvl list for the memory and do not show the memory you used is supported.. The only 3600 ram that was supported by g-skill was "F4-3600C16Q-32GTZNC "

QVL List Here

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2023
Visit site
There are a few things I would try... The KF does not have integrated graphics so, try a different or older card to see you that works. I would also, check the website for the MB to see if the bios supports your ram/graphics card as that might need to be updated. Lastly I would try a different stick of ram or less ram.

Best of luck on your first build

Drew

Edit - I also checked the qvl list for the memory and do not show the memory you used is supported.. The only 3600 ram that was supported by g-skill was "F4-3600C16Q-32GTZNC "

QVL List Here

Thanks for the reply. All solved now! I think the problem was plugging the monitor into wrong HDMI to begin with, then things messed up from there as I tried different things 🤦I reset the bios again then plugged in monitors to both the HDMI ports on the GPU, and it fired up.

• Love
Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS