Quick feedback on my PC-build draft

May 30, 2023
Visit site

So I'm looking to build a gaming pc. I want it to run most games good at 1080p but higher resolution is also appreciated. I mostly play games such as cities skylines, simulators and indie games, all be it, sometimes highly modded. So not really the newest shooters etc. Below you van find my PC-specs (draft). I'd like someones input on the performance. Is it future-proof? overpowerd or underpowerd? is it balanced? Thanks in advance :)

Housing
PCS PRISM TG BLACK ARGB MIDI TOWER HOUSING
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i7 16 Core i7-13700 (up to 5.2 GHz) 30 MB cache
Motherboard
ASUS® TUF GAMING Z790-PLUS WIFI D4 (LGA1700, USB 3.2, PCIe 5.0) - ARGB capable!
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB DDR4 PRO 3600MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card
8 GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3070 - HDMI, DP, LHR
Graphics card support bracket
NONE
1st M.2 solid state drive
2TB INTEL® 670p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (up to 3500 MB/sR , 2700 MB/sW)
Power supply
CORSAIR 650 W CV SERIES™ CV POWER 650 W
Processor cooling
PCS FrostFlow 100 RGB V3 Series High Performance CPU Cooling
sound card
ASUS Xonar AE sound card 7.1 channels for gaming

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. You didnt include a price for this, but I can give some general comments.

- CPU could drop to an I5 13600(k) and you wouldnt notice a difference.

- You probably dont need a soundcard, unless you are doing specialized audio stuff.

- Thats a bad choice of PSU for this level of build, very old design internally that will not be good for your components over time. Also only a 3 year warranty. If sticking with Corsair check out teh RM(x) series.

- RTX 3070 is a good card, but potentially look into somethign with more than 8GB of VRAM with teh savings from the CPU and soundcard.

If youre willing to build yourself, post up your country and maximum budget for the build and someone will have a better option for you for sure.

If its a pre-built, and you dont want to build yourself. It will work fine but it kind of depends what you are paying and what other options there are.

May 30, 2023
Visit site
Thanks for the repy! So I think I'm going the AMD route. Due to the intel being end-of-line and AMD potentially being more future-proof. Right know i have the following configuration, any point of improvement? Where I live this will come around 1500 bucks including building costs etc.

AMD Ryzen 7 7700 8 Core (3,8 GHz-5,3 GHz/40 MB CACHE/AM5)
ASUS® PRIME B650-PLUS (DDR5, USB 3.2, 6 Gb/s) -
32 GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB DDR5 5600MHz (2 x 16 GB)
12 GB AMD RADEONTM RX 6700 XT - HDMI, DP - DX® 12
2 TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS SSD
CORSAIR 650 W TXm SERIES
Welcome to the forum. You didnt include a price for this, but I can give some general comments.

- CPU could drop to an I5 13600(k) and you wouldnt notice a difference.

- You probably dont need a soundcard, unless you are doing specialized audio stuff.

- Thats a bad choice of PSU for this level of build, very old design internally that will not be good for your components over time. Also only a 3 year warranty. If sticking with Corsair check out teh RM(x) series.

- RTX 3070 is a good card, but potentially look into somethign with more than 8GB of VRAM with teh savings from the CPU and soundcard.

If youre willing to build yourself, post up your country and maximum budget for the build and someone will have a better option for you for sure.

If its a pre-built, and you dont want to build yourself. It will work fine but it kind of depends what you are paying and what other options there are.

So I'm looking to build a gaming pc. I want it to run most games good at 1080p but higher resolution is also appreciated. I mostly play games such as cities skylines, simulators and indie games, all be it, sometimes highly modded. So not really the newest shooters etc. Below you van find my PC-specs (draft). I'd like someones input on the performance. Is it future-proof? overpowerd or underpowerd? is it balanced? Thanks in advance :)

Housing
PCS PRISM TG BLACK ARGB MIDI TOWER HOUSING
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i7 16 Core i7-13700 (up to 5.2 GHz) 30 MB cache
Motherboard
ASUS® TUF GAMING Z790-PLUS WIFI D4 (LGA1700, USB 3.2, PCIe 5.0) - ARGB capable!
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB DDR4 PRO 3600MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card
8 GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3070 - HDMI, DP, LHR
Graphics card support bracket
NONE
1st M.2 solid state drive
2TB INTEL® 670p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (up to 3500 MB/sR , 2700 MB/sW)
Power supply
CORSAIR 650 W CV SERIES™ CV POWER 650 W
Processor cooling
PCS FrostFlow 100 RGB V3 Series High Performance CPU Cooling
sound card
ASUS Xonar AE sound card 7.1 channels for gaming
Is this a UK build?

Reactions: Kaamos_Llama

TRENDING THREADS