What was the first video game you remember playing?

Page 50 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Nov 1, 2022
Visit site
My first PC game was a twofer, a two-games-on-one-CD title packaged with a Windows 98 desktop PC purchased by my grandfather. On it were "Freddi Fish and the Case of the missing Kelp Seeds" and "Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo". I still have these but on Steam now, just for the occasional nostalgia trip.

My first console game on the other hand, was Spyro A Hero's Tail for PS2. That game never got old, in fact I still have it AND my PS2. I hope AHT gets a Remastered edition like the original three Spyro games did, for as good as the old game was, my PS2's power supply went bust so I can no longer play it!

I have very fond memories of both game types, and both games.

My first PC game was a twofer, a two-games-on-one-CD title packaged with a Windows 98 desktop PC purchased by my grandfather. On it were "Freddi Fish and the Case of the missing Kelp Seeds" and "Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo". I still have these but on Steam now, just for the occasional nostalgia trip.

My first console game on the other hand, was Spyro A Hero's Tail for PS2. That game never got old, in fact I still have it AND my PS2. I hope AHT gets a Remastered edition like the original three Spyro games did, for as good as the old game was, my PS2's power supply went bust so I can no longer play it!

I have very fond memories of both game types, and both games.

Hi Kerry,

A belated welcome to the forum. I was just curious (or nosy) you said your PS2 power supply no longer works. I don't have a console but I imagine you can buy a replacement PSU unit with plug or is it that the power board packed up?

Reactions: Brian Boru
Nov 3, 2022
Visit site
The first game I played was Call of duty Modern Warfare 4. It was at my uncle's house (I was 5 at the time) and it was a mission in Pripyat. It was an awesome game with an awesome atmosphere.

This is going to be a funny answer for all the young people. This was my intro to video games
Some of the older generation will recognize this as Pong. It was the Cadillac of video games. O.K. go ahead and laugh. I know I’m old. We used to set for hours and play this game. There was also a rumor that playing this game over time could ruin your T.V. What you are seeing above was it. Hit the little ball with the paddle.
You're in good company. I think the majority of people here are actually old fogies.

never heard of Olivetti computers
Apart from their PC exploits, they were a player in the mainframe market 60-70 years ago. Then they had a decade or so in minis before getting into the PC game ~40 years ago—at which time they also offered one of the first laptops. Then ~30 years ago they produced the first [as far as I know] netbook, ~15-20 years before they became a big thing for a while.

It's likely relatively unknown in USA as its product tended to be licensed by the likes of Xerox, DEC and AT&T. Its market is local these days as far as I know, after it suffered the fate of many Euro computer companies back then, squeezed by the emergence of US competition and the cheaper Asian manufacturers.

Next you'll tell us you didn't know France had a forerunner of the WWW a decade before the WWW hit the big-time—or that Russia had a forerunner of the Internet in the 50s :)

Reactions: WoodenSaucer
Dec 8, 2022
Visit site
the question is very tempting))) my first game was NOX strategy. playing it, I had an interest to get to the finals If I start telling you, you can write a whole book about how I played it if anyone is interested, you can google it
maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: SWard
Jan 8, 2023
Visit site
The first video game I played was Dig Dug on the Atari 2600. I remember being astounded, not so much with the game itself, but that I could control the game. I have rarely watched TV from that moment on.

Dec 17, 2022
Visit site
River Raid on the Atari 2600. That was my first console. I had 3 games River Raid, Space invaders and missile command. Later i acquired Dig Dug.

After that i got a Master System and the first game i played on that was the build in Alex Kid in Miracle World. The first cartridge i got for it was Kung Fu Kid.

Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
First game I ever played was a drawing game called Itsa Bitsa (no it wasn’t imported or anything it just had a weird name) at the ripe old age of 5. Basically all you did was draw stuff to solve problems. I credit it for giving me my mnk skills.

Feb 25, 2023
Visit site
Hello, I'm Wamsie, the first game I ever play was Paceman and "Need For Speed" when I was in University.. Apart from that there a also other interesting games like zoomer, where more people find it interesting to play.

Mar 15, 2023
Visit site
The earliest memory I have is playing 1985 Super Mario Bros on the NES with my mom. My sister got an NES for Christmas and I would play during the day while she was at school.

TRENDING THREADS