What was the first video game you remember playing?

Page 49 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
The first games I played as a child were German educational games, for example many Ravensburger games or "Die schlaue Bande" (= the clever gang) adventures. They teached me to love point and click adventures and so it is no wonder that my favourite childhood games were games like Pyjama Sam (who funnily is called Pyjama Pit in German) or Freddi Fish (in German: Fritzi Fisch). My first English spoken game was Syberia and since then I played almost every game in English. :)

Reactions: Brian Boru
Galaxian :)

still, some 40 years after I first saw her, I adore her :) I know, I know, I'm not normal, but that's how it is ;)
i think i can still hear the firing noise. Had it at a local store, was fun. think they changed chip inside to turn it into Centipede

rememeber when games were fun and we didn't care about what they looked like?

Reactions: WoodenSaucer

ToxicOffender

BANNED
Sep 5, 2022
Visit site
colecovision-press-kit-mouse-trap-full.jpg

In reality the first game I played was probably something like Pong. But my first real memory of amazement and joy from videogames was a Caleco vision game called Spy Hunter
Spy Hunter was amazing. I played it on the C64. I got into that game a lot back then. I've tried playing it again recently, and I just couldn't get into it like I did back then, though. I guess I'm spoiled now.

Sep 27, 2022
Visit site
One of the first games I remember playing was on Sega Sonic Hedgehog. It was fast moving action and fun! I got it for Christmas one year along with my game system.

One of my favorite games I played was on WWF No Mercy for N64

Oct 19, 2022
Visit site
I'm an avid gamer, but I've been trying to think of the first games I remember playing and really loved. I remember sneaking into my cousins dad's study to boot up his mac to play Monkey Island, where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? And Myst (which I wasn't very good at). If you're a gamer, what do you remember playing and why?
I can actually remember playing Pong

It was an Atari game. I grew up during the 80s. I can't remember which one it was exactly because in between then and now I was hit by a car when I was in middle school, developed memory issues. Other than that I've been getting back into gaming with my eldest daughter during the past ten years. She's the top gamer of our family:):)

TRENDING THREADS