What mouse do you use?

Page 4 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
I only stopped using one mouse as it was causing windows to not load a desktop at startup. Its buttons were fine. It was just 8 years old and something was clearly messing with windows. It was becoming see through as I had worn the colours down so much from use... it was a good mouse, almost got same model again but decided not to test my luck.

I normally replace my mice before they die. I think I just wanted a new mouse last time. Old mouse is around somewhere, could use if I need to.

20 years or so ago I used to buy a new mouse every few months but they weren't gaming mice. It was only after getting my 1st gaming mouse and it lasting for about 5 years that I stopped buying them so much. At one stage I had a box full of mice... or perhaps that is just my memory playing tricks, but I do know I had a few of them... no idea if I still have them.

I know I should have got a black mouse last time. Its getting grotty

Reactions: Brian Boru
Logitech G502 X Plus wireless here also. Had the G502 Lightspeed before that. Was starting to get that Logitech double-click feature, so it was time to change it out. Was lucky to find it on sale this summer. I already had the wireless charging mouse pad which I used with the old mouse.

Logitech g502 Lightspeed with Logitech Powerplay mousemat, never have to worry about chargin the mouse is sweeeet! :) Time to replace the mouse though, the rubber on the side is starting to wear off.

Edit Clearly this senile old fart had already answered this but here you go again once more, it is on me :)

It seems 22g is too heavy now... so soon after posting last one

Need to affix a laser pointer to finger and have virtual buttons to get much lighter

I should get one of those charging mouse pads... since it works with my mouse. Maybe suggest it as a Bday present.. buy it, they can give it to me on day.

affix a laser pointer to finger

Quick, patent that before Apple grab the idea.

Or DeBeers…

one of those charging mouse pads... since it works with my mouse

Ohhhh… doesn't work with all mice then. And is $100—no wonder I didn't pull the trigger.

Is there any universal charger mat out there that would work with all/most wireless mice with built-in battery?

its the working virtual buttons that are the hard things to do. The laser pointer is the easy bit.

and then you have to take into account finger shakes, as it might look still too you, but with a light attached to end of finger, its going to be noticeable.

Years of retraining to keep 1 finger still while others press "buttons".
Might be easier to cut hand off and attach mouse to stump... still, how do you press buttons?

the one button mouse by Apple is key. Just remove all buttons... maybe only use finger in games, windows might be too hard.

Other answer is use other hand to control the buttons... more keys on KB, here we come.

next we find eyes are faster, control cursor with mouse position and blink rate is how fast you click... no, please don't do this. (Razer currently working on how to make RGB in your eyes and not blind you)

Last edited:
I love this mouse, ive went through about 4 or 6 of em in the last 5-6 years. Less than 40 now. Ive used the wireless version as well. Idc if its basic it functions just like anything expensive imo.

Hjq5IS2.jpg

That shape looks familiar... next one will be black or at least, not white.
lVEvKry.jpeg

That is after a short clean, I might use soapy water or something next time, you can tell where my fingers sit.
Probably help if my hands weren't so dirty.
You can't tell on black mice.

its missing one button as you can remove trigger and replace it with a blank.

you replace this piece of plastic on the mouse with a charging puck and it charges on the pad when needed
KzcxJgg.jpeg

Might get one in a few months time. Need to reorganize room and see if it works.

May 13, 2024
Visit site
Logitech g502 Lightspeed with Logitech Powerplay mousemat, never have to worry about chargin the mouse is sweeeet! :) Time to replace the mouse though, the rubber on the side is starting to wear off.

Edit Clearly this senile old fart had already answered this but here you go again once more, it is on me :)

I have a PowerPlay mat as well. I was originally using it with the Logitech G903, but the battery died on me. I have a replacement that I haven't installed yet.

For now I'm using my Logitech G600 MMO for most of my gaming. This is actually my go-to mouse when I'm directly on my rig, even for non MMO games. I really love the shift button which basically gets you double the amount of side buttons for a total of 24 functions/keys. Very useful, not just for gaming. I have macros stored for coding.

I do also use a Logitech 604 Lightspeed. This is my everything mouse which is connected to my gaming rig, my gaming laptop, and 2 work laptops via a KVM switch. The BT connection + wireless is VERY useful. At the end of the work day I sometimes stick with the 604 when I fire up a game since it's already there. As a daily driver, I love this mouse so much that when I heard it was being discontinued, I bought 4 more for backup.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2024
Visit site
This will probably be considered strange, but I've never been a fan of scroll wheels and side buttons on my mice. They're never as precise or useful as I'd want them to be and the scroll wheel makes it so one of my fingers is in a constant 'floating' position above it.

Are there even scroll wheel-less mice these days? :unsure:

Walmart search fails on 1st line... what is a scroll wheel to them I wonder
Only a few on that page don't have one...

This doesn't appear to have one

finding one with 3 buttons (where a button replaces the scroll wheel) is difficult these days.

Pretty sure I have never used the side buttons on my mouse, although most have had them. Even if games had functions assigned to them, I would never use them.

Meant my thumb just relaxes most of the time. and its possible I have disabled those 2 buttons in software to stop them distracting me IF I accidentally press one.

The only extra keys I press accidentally now are the two to the left of the main button on mouse - these two
DVYEQ8x.jpeg

Mainly as they new. My previous mice didn't have those two - they only change the dpi settings anyway so easy enough to reverse.

You can see the two side buttons he is complaining about below them but they might as well not exist on my mouse.

Most gaming mice have software that lets you assign key functions, so could just disable them if they annoy you
MFWFJQm.jpeg

Its just habit, for my learning years with mice they didn't have those buttons so I never adjusted to using them.
Like free scroll wheel on my mouse, I only use it if I accidentally enable free scroll. Last time that happened was when I was cleaning my mouse for screenshots. It just feels weird without notches

Its just habit, for my learning years with mice they didn't have those buttons so I never adjusted to using them.
Like free scroll wheel on my mouse, I only use it if I accidentally enable free scroll. Last time that happened was when I was cleaning my mouse for screenshots. It just feels weird without notches
I started using the side buttons more or less when they started appearing on mice, the scroll wheel i rarley use free scroll, unless it is a realy realy long code or something.

I'm terrible at picking out individual small buttons beside each other, so both of my side ones are set to Paste—Copy, Cut and Paste are on KB. I had one of 'em set to Copy for a while, but couldn't get it right reliably.

Central scroll wheel is notched unless I spin it very quickly, when it goes free scroll—only use that for long spreadsheets mostly.

I really missed the side scroll wheel while using a cheap EVGA mouse recently, but all is well now back in MX Master land—I have it set for Back and Forward which I do a lot of in browsers and file manager.

Reactions: red_5ive and SHR-51

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts