What mouse do you use?

Page 3 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Logitech G502 X Plus Wireless

Nice, that looks almost as good as the MX Master—only thing I'd miss is the MX's side scroll wheel, very useful.

My new mouse is doing well, but some getting used to still ongoing. The scroll wheel click is fussy, have to push at the back of the wheel to register properly—I use that all the time to open a bunch of browser tabs here and on other sites.

The driver is great, very easy to use compared to Roccat Isku's KB driver. Pick a profile, and then work thru the settings you want for it. NB to click 'Apply' before leaving each screen.

1wVJXBh.png

I had 3 profiles, but I'm back to 2 now—the 'other' being for relatively rare image work where I want Angle Snapping turned on so I can do straight lines and round circles. The 3rd I tried was with higher DPI for a Work profile, but it felt very unnatural going against my muscle memory so I dropped it quickly.

The Sniper Button—the side button behind the obnoxious EVGA logo block—makes a great Paste button :D

I haven't tried any macros yet, wasn't immediately obvious how to so I'll research later. And the RGB can be turned off, so I get nice long battery life. Very happy with what I got for the $18, other than for the middle wheel click fussiness—hopefully that's also just a muscle memory delay.

strange looking mouse from that angle

I think I have used the body shape of the mouse I ordered before. Most of the ones I get look like the old Microsoft mice without somewhere to rest thumb.

It was my last wireless mouse
its battery died before i stopped using it, as it could run wired. Guess its shape isn't exactly the same... but shape looks familiar. Could have been one of the mice that pre dates the X8 above. I used to buy a new one every time I was bored with current one.

Reactions: Brian Boru
It is not like you look at it all the time. Though mine doesn't look that bad from the front. I hadn't looked at really. I mostly just see its rear.

I am sure I have used a mouse like it before. The only ones I don't like are the super small mice, which is annoying as that is trendy now. Half the reviews for the G502 say its too heavy now... compared to mice half its weight, sure. But historically its light at 103gm for a wireless mouse. All the light ones have holes all over them, need to be water proof...

It depends on the games you play. I don't play FPS so I don't need a flickable mouse really. It will do the job, its more multi purpose as I do other things besides game. Not sure I will use the extra buttons. Current mouse has less than new one and I only use 2 buttons mostly.

I am about to replace my g502 lightspeed soon, it is working perfectly but it is starting to get worn out in the rubber sections. Thinking im going to try something new for the first time in 10 years so, I'm realy gonna think out of the box and opt for one of logitechs other Lightspeed mice, don't know wich on eyet though.

Seems as soon as one person finds one, another shows up.
I just ordered a g502 x plus... you getting rid of yours...

Steelseries make solid mice, I used 2 of theirs in last 13 years.
I can't really comment on Razer as its been over 13 years since I used their stuff. Software keeps me away. Maybe next time I need a mouse I will look and see if Synapse is any better yet.

Thats about as far as my mouse usage goes. Microsoft don't make gaming mice anymore and only other maker I used was Logitech.
not been outside those walls yet

go custom - https://pwnage.com/products/ultra-custom-wireless-ergo (possibly not serious suggestion)
seems most custom mice are just logitech models... apart from above.

Seems as soon as one person finds one, another shows up.
I just ordered a g502 x plus... you getting rid of yours...

Steelseries make solid mice, I used 2 of theirs in last 13 years.
I can't really comment on Razer as its been over 13 years since I used their stuff. Software keeps me away. Maybe next time I need a mouse I will look and see if Synapse is any better yet.

Thats about as far as my mouse usage goes. Microsoft don't make gaming mice anymore and only other maker I used was Logitech.
not been outside those walls yet

go custom - https://pwnage.com/products/ultra-custom-wireless-ergo (possibly not serious suggestion)
seems most custom mice are just logitech models... apart from above.
Well i have been using the g502 in diferent version since 2013 and even though i love it, it is time to at least try something else :)

historically its light at 103gm for a wireless mouse

Yeah, mine is 122g—it was described as large and heavy, which is what I like—my FPSs aren't melee kind, so don't need or want My Friend Flicka.

All the light ones have holes all over them

Yeah, no—I don't like that design, seems part of RGB craze to show inner organs of everything in the blingiest possible way :D

I'm realy gonna think out of the box

I've got just the thing for you!

(possibly not serious suggestion)

Oy, none of that, please!

seems part of RGB craze to show inner organs of everything in the blingiest possible way
its more if its as holey as possible, it must weigh less. I seen people complain about a small piece of plastic being unessential and adding more weight... choice is good, not everyone wants their mice to weigh as much as a sheet of paper. I like to be able to feel it in my hand.

He might want to try something other than logitech

You could get this and we would mostly be swapping positions - https://steelseries.com/gaming-mice/rival-650-wireless
not sure what Steelseries wireless is like but I don't expect it to be worse than Logitechs. Its also cheap since its on 33% off.
its the mouse shape I have used for 13 years or so... just wireless.

this is why I swapped - https://steelseries.com/gaming-mice/aerox-5-wireless - too many holes

No idea what corsair mice are like. I looked at them but its unlikely I would get one now I have mostly removed Corsair from PC
I didn't look at Asus as I expect it requires Armoury Crate installed, and its just not something I want.
razer might be worth a look in a few years once Synapse 4 is out of beta.

Watching this, the Razer hardware seems better in some ways to g502 but its let down by the software being Synapse.

its one thing not mentioned in most comparisons. Razer wins a lot but all of them ignore software.
G Hub needs work on the RGB customisation. Its still way ahead of Synapse.

Razer are where Logitech used to be... every gamer wants their stuff so they can ignore the software. Its only if/when someone replaces them as number one choice will the software actually count. Logitech were in that spot 20 years ago.

Lucky I don't really want this one

Reactions: D10S and Brian Boru
I have personally been burned to much by razer to ever even glance at one of their products but that is highly personal :)

However, i get the fealing that in he "top" segment, many brands are so similar that from a performance perspective few if any will notice a difference and it all starts boiling down to personal tastes and wanted features etc.

Last edited:
its not just mice, keyboards are very similar once you get below the surface. Most use the same switch makers, or even same switches. Not sure if keycaps are the same. The outer appearance might change but a lot are the same inside. (they all bleed red?). Its hard to stand out in some markets. Need to make something special about your stuff to make people look.

Optical mechanical hybrid switches on mouse... one does it, everyone else copies.
Lots of holes all over mouse to keep weight low. Unless you can patent a hole, someone will copy it.
latest trend is to reduce your features down so the mouse weighs almost nothing.

Razer would cover the entire thing in RGB if they could. Lets have 3 different RGB zones on a mouse, that surely makes it better. If flashing lights make mouse better, they are the people you want.

Basilisk looks good but doesn't feel good. And many of the reviews complain about software. The scroll wheel is software controlled and seems to bug out its free scroll mode so half the time it doesn't work at all. People complain Logitech doesn't have this but if it bugs out half the time, why would you? Some features aren't worth the time. Keep it simple and avoid unnecessary mistakes.

Waited all day for this thing to show up.
k2UPSZf.jpg

new mouse on dirty mouse pad. Charging up for first time.
Its heavier than my last one. I guess I hadn't looked at its weight.
I have already removed on dpi choice as not likely to use 3000. Nor will I ever see 25600 which is max speed. 2400 is fast enough, considering on last mouse I ran at half that.

haven't removed trigger yet. might even find a use for it somewhere.

I think I will get that charging pad, but not this month.

its a dpi shift button, it lowers DPI so say you want to take a headshot, it makes it easy. click and while holding button, it drops and raises as soon as you let go of button.

I need to either remap it to another thing or swap the key out for a blank that cancels the button.

f4cTA9D.jpg

I chose to cancel it. i might put it back on later as way I hold mouse my thumb really doesn't touch it.

I have 13 buttons, I doubt I will miss it. already have two buttons that raise/lower DPI. I hardly ever change it. I couldn't work out what 2 of the buttons where... the scroll wheel, scroll up & scroll down. Not obvious.

I made 1950 myself as 2400 is a little fast
glwb2JF.jpg

need to work out which button does which, one raises dpi, other lowers it.
Profile button doesn't function yet as I haven't saved one onto mouse. No need.

scroll wheel is different to what I am used to. Its going to take a while to adjust... or I go mad and use freespin which really isn't that bad unless you go mad.
I wonder how many pages I can get through in excel

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2023
Visit site
It could be it was just dirty.
I always forget I can take its sides off (meant to put weights in there)
WW3HeX0.jpg

it clicks better without sides on, but that means it probably had dirt or grit in the gap

I will keep an eye on it.
This mouse doesn’t seem to be quite anatomically correct, is it comfortable for you to work with it?

That is a photo of it with its 2 sides taken off.

I was cleaning it

It normally looked like:
2AcVB7R.jpg

here it is with both sides and if you look on its edge, the 4 squares are where you could put weights
mm2HlGh.jpg

needs a better clean but well, mouse behind it replaced it.

Last edited:
Still rocking the Razer DeathAdder v2 for over 3 years straight.

I know Razer gets a lot of backlash, rightfully so a lot of times, but they do make a darn fine mouse.

What’s funny is that I had the DeathAdder v1 and it only lasted about a year or two before the rubber side grip came off and the buttons lost their click. With the rubber grip fallen off, there was a small plastic lip that would rub into my thumb and cause it to be rubbed raw. The click wasn’t clicking anymore and my solution was to shove a tiny piece of cardboard in the gap between the button and body of the mouse which helped until the cardboard would slide out and I’d have to put it back in.

When the DeathAdder v2 came out, PCG gave it an 88% and the review convinced me it was better in every regard compared to v1, and boy was that the truth. My buttons still work perfectly as intended, rubber grip is still glued solid, and it doesn’t any weird/superfluous features I’ll never use. It has a DPI button but I removed all DPI profiles besides one so that never changes either.

I’m quite traditional when it comes to mice, I just want something that fits in my hand nicely and does exactly what I need it to. I don’t like to spend time configuring and tweaking it. That’s also partly the reason why I only have 1 DPI setting, I prefer to adjust sensitivity in game on a per-game basis.

As for the DeathAdder v3, I’m not sure what else is new besides a different sensor and maybe it’s a bit lighter, but the weight is perfect for me on the v2.

Edit: I remembered some gripes I do have with this mouse. I really don’t like the Razer software, and AFAIK there isn’t any way to change the RBG without using it. Even if you save an RGB profile to it, if you close the software it reverts back to the standard rainbow glow mode. Pretty annoying but overall it’s quite minor since my hand is over the lights always. My Corsair K95 RGB Platinum is the exact same way and their software isn’t exactly the lightest on resources. I just turn the lights off on the keyboard since it has a physical switch for that.

Does anyone know if any third party software that lets you control RGB on devices without going through their proprietary software?

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru and Alm

TRENDING THREADS