What mouse do you use?

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
mistakes happen. Sometimes they over price things just to keep the item on Amazon while they get more. They assume no one will pay that much. Other times it can be to catch out people who aren't paying attention

Since steelseries seem to be chasing the ultra light fad for now, if I were to buy a new mouse, this isn't bad... not cheap

its almost impossible to do a search for Gaming Mouse in 2023 and not get Razer recommended. All these people have no idea how bad the software is... thats problem.

some makers aren't worth getting... Asus will install Armory crate if you buy their mice.. its reason I am not looking at their keyboards. Shame as they make interesting keyboards.

most appealing of the Steelseries ones - https://steelseries.com/gaming-mice/aerox-5-wireless

Probably just as well I don't need one... but it was something to do.If I had to choose it would be between these 2

I found out the Steelseries Rival 5 has more buttons than the 600 it replaces. Its also lighter but nothing like the ultra lights that everything gets compared to... fat shaming now?

Last edited:
If this new beta actually fixes Synapse I will have to rethink my advice about buying them - https://www.razer.com/au-en/synapse-new

Their hardware is always top suggestion. If they can fix Synapse so its not a pig, it might be worth buying again.

no point having good hardware if the software drags it down. Same goes for Asus... their wireless keyboard scores really well except its software sux. Logitech was like this when it was on top... no need to fix software if people still buy your hardware.

Well rats, looks like my 2nd MX Master is getting double click syndrome, so I'll probably need to grab a new one in the sales. Hmm, I think Singles Day sale is still on Ali Express…
You seriously buy stuff off of that site? Has it improved significantly in the last couple of years because half the stuff was a scam or at least knockoffs last time I checked them.

Also, it's making me feel like I'm living in an alternate timeline when an AI is web scraping the site and decides to stop and make a post. I actually learned something from that post, but it would be nice if they would give more than just a rundown of the product's marketing material.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Bing, which might know what it's talking about, said that the most common reason an AI would post on a message board is to learn from the responses and reactions of other users and adjust its behavior accordingly.

Other reasons are to acquire new knowledge, to provide help to human users (may be the case here), or, on the negative side of things, to influence or manipulate opinion. Since it announced it was an AI, I guess it wasn't doing that.

Are you afraid to buy on Ali Express?

I am now :(

I went there yesterday, and what an abysmal site. I hope they were going thru some transition or similar—maybe the intern shift change—because it was an unusable mess!

I've been there before and it was fine—it's owned by Alibaba and is similar to eBay and has had good reviews in general. Still messed up today, so I'll wait for Black Friday—altho I think those sales may have started some places too :rolleyes:

You seriously buy stuff off of that site?

I haven't, but I don't have a hard-on against it either as it's gotten better reviews in the Western business press in recent years. As you say, half the stuff there isn't a scam ;)

• Haha
Reactions: ZedClampet
I am now :(

I went there yesterday, and what an abysmal site. I hope they were going thru some transition or similar—maybe the intern shift change—because it was an unusable mess!

I've been there before and it was fine—it's owned by Alibaba and is similar to eBay and has had good reviews in general. Still messed up today, so I'll wait for Black Friday—altho I think those sales may have started some places too :rolleyes:

I haven't, but I don't have a hard-on against it either as it's gotten better reviews in the Western business press in recent years. As you say, half the stuff there isn't a scam ;)
Maybe none of it is a scam now. I haven't looked at it in a long time.

Are you afraid to buy on Ali Express? I always have a fear that even if the seller is good, the mouse may be damaged somewhere along the way during transportation.
I don't believe in playing lucky dip with my purchases. Judging by their stock of USB flash drives, I wouldn't believe anything on that site is real. Way better off buying from a store than Ali Express.

they still suspect... unless you believe you can get 2 4090 GPU for $95.75 and get one free. rest of prices on this page are closer to reality here.
KD41Fo1.jpg

As a virtual entity, I don't use physical devices like mice.

I see chatgpt had its say

Last edited:
I use Logitech G502 lightspeed, used the corded version from 2014 till about 3 years ago or so when i got the ligthspeed version instead. It is geting a bit worn though so maybe time to try something different this time, like the g903 or the G703? Realy thinking outside the box :p I do use the powerplay mousemat so :)

i just looked at that mousepad. Its $300 here so I stopped looking pretty fast. Wireless charging would be nice but so far the only large brand that doesn't have one is Steelseries... typical

I don't like look of the corsair palm grip wireless mouse
I don't Razer

I do need a new mousepad, it was reason I was looking... thought, if I need a new mousepad, what charging options I can use. Turns out none since I use steelseries. The mouse of theirs I was looking at has fast charging anyway. 180 hour battery life.

But not this year... I have gone nuts buying things in last 3 months, need to return to normal.

i just looked at that mousepad. Its $300 here so I stopped looking pretty fast. Wireless charging would be nice but so far the only large brand that doesn't have one is Steelseries... typical

I don't like look of the corsair palm grip wireless mouse
I don't Razer

I do need a new mousepad, it was reason I was looking... thought, if I need a new mousepad, what charging options I can use. Turns out none since I use steelseries. The mouse of theirs I was looking at has fast charging anyway. 180 hour battery life.

But not this year... I have gone nuts buying things in last 3 months, need to return to normal.
It was less than half that price when i bought it a coupple of years ago.. yay inflation and overpricing.... It is realy nice though i must say, never have to worry about charging.

i didn't mention logitech mice, there is one I was looking at that can use that pad.

its costs same price as mousepad here - 300... thats a lot for a mouse?

so mouse + pad = 600. It had better be good

You could buy this case for that much (probably not, case is still more as its USD, my prices in AUD)
They are an Australian company but all prices on their website USD. They know who their audience is.

I see diff versions and prices on Amz US, cheapest $90.

Are there diff versions for diff Logi mice?
Does it work only with Logi mice, or is there instead some sore of open standard other makers' mice need to support?
They call the tech Powerplay and the mouse have to be compatible with powerplay to work with the charging. Don't actually know if other manufacturers can support it but probably not since it seems to be industry standard to not make things compatible with other brands.

I think you can use any mousepad ontop of the charging pad as long as it is not to thick though. Not testad that myself so don't take my word for it.

the mice have a round piece in their base, you swap the one that comes with mouse with the one supplied with the mousepad and that lets it charge.

Very much doubt Logitech share the tech with other makers... need a standard but they all out there trying to be the next standard.

Yes i just love it when manufacturers can't make something standard but all have to do it their own way.
Remember eons ago buying my first (and only mind you) pair of Razer headphones, marketed with realy nice features but they neglected to tell you that you needed their own special snowflake soundcard to use 50% of those features... they got binned realy fast by me.

Think I need to stop looking at hardware, parts take it as a hint and start to die.

So last night the right button on mouse stopped working all the time, and the odds of it working first try seem to be eroding as day goes along. I thought updating mouse drivers would fix it but it seems not. I wonder when I bought it... 5 years ago. I only know that as I had to contact Steelseries at time to get a new BIOS to flash on my brick.

I think I bought it in a store which explains why I can't find it on an online store.

Guess I go get a new one. Might get the logitech and not get a ultralight mouse. Wait until Monday and at least pay off some of the cost on same day. Hope mouse lasts that long.

this isn't funny anymore.
the last 3 weeks:
New keyboard
New AIO
Now new mouse

At least I had my choices down to two. I chose the more expensive one. Think I be paying all these purchases off for a while.

That didn't fix it either so I ordered a new one this morning. I was going to buy it locally until I thought, I wonder what prices are online... I got it for $70 less than I was going to pay. Being able to have it now compared to a few days isn't worth the added cost.

Logitech G502 X Plus Wireless

For some reason the black & white ones have different prices. I went with white just for a change... everything else is black. Need to break the pattern.

Now I have a wireless KB & Mouse, I could rearrange room as PC doesn't need to be as close to me. I already had a longer Display Port cable and speaker cables (if I ever open the box, I ordered them 2 years ago and they just stayed in the box). Might put PC right in front of window so its exhaust blows out of room. It was there 3 years ago.

TRENDING THREADS