The Currently Playing & Random Game Thoughts Thread (28 August to 3 September)

Page 4 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never figured out how player contributions work on those highways. The very first section seems to be all your responsibility and, until you finish it, no contributions show up from any other players. Once you finish it, though, the flood gates open and you get bunches of messages about contributions. For me, the road got completed all the way to the Craftsman in just a few minutes. Since then, the progress gets about halfway along, then stops and waits for me to complete the rest.

I built that first section you mentioned and all the road was completed up to the Distribution center. I have built three more roads past the Distribution Center. For me, it seems the likes will is calculated as to how much you are using of resources to build the road + bonus likes from the other road builders and then the likes you get from the people using the road. I don't think you get much extra for being the one who completed the road if you did not put a lot of resources into it.

Sweaty!?!?
"A sweaty player is usually a player who goes so try hard his hands might as well be sweating from the try hardness."

There was one bit early on that I really loved: the axehounds. Sanderson doesn't describe them, but they are just some sort of dog, right? Why describe a dog? Then, hundreds of pages in, one of the characters casually mentions that it has six legs or some such. WHAT!?

That's the kind of trick that only works in books.

True, its all crustaceans apart from the horses I think ? But when somethings called a hound it paints a different picture than the one you expect.

I just discovered I only read the first cycle of Mistborn up to Hero of Ages, guess I'll have to go through those again at some point and try the rest after these.

Zloth

Community Contributor
I just discovered I only read the first cycle of Mistborn up to Hero of Ages, guess I'll have to go through those again at some point and try the rest after these.
The second series is a good one. I think it's better than the first series, but folks look at me funny when I say that. I like the whole magical western thing. Plus, there's Wayne. One day, Wayne and Lopen will meet - and the resulting conversation will be stunning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS