The Currently Playing & Random Game Thoughts Thread (12 June to 18 June)

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
So I assume Galaxy or Playnite don't include Gamepass titles?
Actually, Galaxy does, which gives me something to think about, but I've got so many games that I have a feeling I would still have to think to look for it as opposed to just discovering it by accident. I don't know. I haven't connected it to my Microsoft account, but I might do that and take a look.

So I assume Galaxy or Playnite don't include Gamepass titles?
So I went in and connected all my accounts. As was mentioned, there's no way to browse Game Pass. But my biggest issue as I was sitting there looking at my list of games was the fact that I've painstakingly categorized all my 1100 games in Steam, and there's just no way I'm starting that process over in GoG. GoG tries to categorize them, it appears, but from a glance, it isn't accurate (and, of course, not the way I would do it).

So going to Game Pass, I saw that GreedFall is leaving. I've had it installed forever and never played it, so I decided to play for an hour as sort of a demo (I'm not going to buy it in the Windows store due to the lack of modding options, so I'm going to lose progress here soon). I really enjoyed my hour. Will have to see how much of a discount it has during the summer sale.

So going to Game Pass, I saw that GreedFall is leaving. I've had it installed forever and never played it, so I decided to play for an hour as sort of a demo (I'm not going to buy it in the Windows store due to the lack of modding options, so I'm going to lose progress here soon). I really enjoyed my hour. Will have to see how much of a discount it has during the summer sale.
I played it on gamepass too, but that is definitely one that I didn't really give a fair shake, to be honest. I don't know if this is a common complaint or just me, but the movement just felt really bad to me. I just didn't like how it felt to move and control so I dropped it pretty quickly. I doubt I'll get around to trying it again, but it seemed like there was plenty to like about the game.

I was a little disappointed that it didn't appear I could steal the pirate's ship while they were poking around in that facility. Sneak into the ship, set it to follow my ship as soon as it takes off, RUN to my ship, and head right to the Used Ship Salesman. I'm sure they will only pay a sixth of what it's worth - but an entire starship beats the tar out of stealing silverware and cups!
Speaking of pirate ships, the Microsoft showcase showed an update to Sea of Thieves. I really wish they'd put a single player campaign in that game. I don't have a lot of interest in playing with a bunch of people, but the game looks like it would be amazing if you could play a campaign.

I saw that they're removing it. I didn't give GreedFall a good chance. I probably played for like 20 minutes and quit. It just wasn't hitting the spot for me. For some reason, it just felt clunky. But I should have given it a better chance before they took it away.

Can you tune your car in Grid? Like change the camber and stuff?
Yes, GRID 2019, like original GRID, has sliders that allow the following car specific tuning options:

Gear Ratio - Short to Long
Springs - Soft to Firm
Dampers - Soft to Firm
Anti-Roll Bars - Soft to Firm
Brake Bias - Rear to Front

These settings can be saved per car, but most should also be set specific to certain types of tracks.

There are also basic Input Reporting sliders where you can change how fast the cars respond to your inputs in percentages.

The input response categories are:

Steering
Throttle
Brake
Clutch
Handbrake

You also have Advanced Input sliders that adjust on a scale of 1-100 and 1-10.

These are the Advanced Input options.

Steering Sensitivity 1-100
Steering Linearity 1-10

GRID Legends also has the same per car tuning, but I'm not 100% sure the input adjustments are the same.

I'm playing a little Dying Light. They had an update recently with some free DLC and this beauty:

"Additionally, we are announcing a 2XP event starting on 09.06 at 19:00 CEST and ending on 16.06 at 19.00 CEST.

Started up Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain and thinking of visiting Stardew Valley. Might do a little Gothic 3 also and a little visit to my home at Riverwood in Skyrim to bathe with my bikini-clad maidens.

Started up Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain and thinking of visiting Stardew Valley. Might do a little Gothic 3 also and a little visit to my home at Riverwood in Skyrim to bathe with my bikini-clad maidens.

If you do start playing Stardew Valley, please keep in mind the game is not intended to be a management sim. I made the mistake of trying to optimize the amount of money I could make each day, but got burned out pretty quickly from that. It's much better to just do whatever you feel like doing in the game, there are no penalties to ignoring the parts of the game you just don't feel like engaging with at the moment.

If you do start playing Stardew Valley, please keep in mind the game is not intended to be a management sim. I made the mistake of trying to optimize the amount of money I could make each day, but got burned out pretty quickly from that. It's much better to just do whatever you feel like doing in the game, there are no penalties to ignoring the parts of the game you just don't feel like engaging with at the moment.
I have played it for a couple of hours in the past and that is basically my strategy for it. Fish a little, farm a little and explore a little. The only thing I don't like so far is that I get so god damn sleepy all of the time, also in the game (that was a bad joke) and I am hoping that will get better because I want more to do. I'm guessing you'll be able to get more stamina after a while? *crossing fingres*

Stardew Valley is a funny one for me, because you'd expect that I bounced off it given that I have only like an hour of play time. But this is one of the few games I abandoned for me own safety :LOL:. I felt my self getting sucked in and I knew that I would drop an ungodly number of hours into it if I didn't stop, haha. I might grab it on Switch, though. Seems like a pretty good "pick up and play" game.

I have played it for a couple of hours in the past and that is basically my strategy for it. Fish a little, farm a little and explore a little. The only thing I don't like so far is that I get so god damn sleepy all of the time, also in the game (that was a bad joke) and I am hoping that will get better because I want more to do. I'm guessing you'll be able to get more stamina after a while? *crossing fingres*

Yes, stamina can be upgraded by finding a specific consumable, which is given as reward or can be bought at specific times/locations. Also, every level in a skill reduces the amount of of stamina consumed when using the appropriate item by 0.1 (so 5%, except for fishing rods).

But don't feel like you have to fill the entire day with work. Just go to bed if your stamina has run out and you didn't have any other plans. I tried to do as much as possible in each day when I started playing, but playing with my daughter, who will happily sleep 4 times in a row when she feels like it, has shown me the game is more enjoyable if you progress through the days quicker.

(Originally I had this in the wrong thread)

Today's the day I get what's coming to me for going cheap on my central heat and air unit.

I need you all to stop burning fossil fuels immediately.

I was on fire yesterday in Forza , which caused my son to be irritable. Dad can still win some types of games.

Played Mechwarrior 5. The game controls just like V Rising except even more complicated. I was slamming through buildings I was supposed to be protecting and all sorts of things. Then I went to the settings and realized you could set it so that the top half of the mech always aligns with the bottom half of the mech, and that fixed me right up. You can also set it to stop moving when you stop pressing 'W', which is also an improvement.

I figured out how to do a similar thing in V Rising. Playing with the controller set up, I realized that I could set what happened when I released a button, so I told it to do right mouse on release. Now I line up my character, press and release right stick, and then the character always aims in the direction that he's looking. I went from below average to above average instantly.

has shown me the game is more enjoyable if you progress through the days quicker.
For better or worse, I did the opposite. I modded the game to make the days much longer. Of course, I could sleep whenever I wanted, so I wasn't forced to fill the day with stuff.

Another game very similar to Stardew Valley you all might check out is My Time at Portia. I enjoyed that quite a bit, too.

Zloth

Community Contributor
That does look interesting. I skipped Hard West 1, but I don't remember why now. Too short for the price, maybe? <shrug>
Started up Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain...
Power through that tutorial. It's easy after that. ;)
Played Mechwarrior 5. The game controls just like V Rising except even more complicated. I was slamming through buildings I was supposed to be protecting and all sorts of things. Then I went to the settings and realized you could set it so that the top half of the mech always aligns with the bottom half of the mech, and that fixed me right up.
Yipe!!! Get weened off of that ASAP. Being able to walk one direction and shoot another is very, very useful. Just press F to get your feet aligned with your torso again. (F for feet! Easy!)

You can also set it to stop moving when you stop pressing 'W', which is also an improvement.
Yeah, I did that one as well. You do sometimes end up holding the W key down for a loooong time, I'm afraid.

I've heard good things about this optimization mod that might help keep the heat down when playing the game. I haven't used it yet, myself. It has already been updated to deal with the free update that showed up last week.

I have that, couldn't stomach intro. Anyone know if there's a mod to skip that, as the actual gameplay looks interesting?
Friendly ask Frindis to save the game right after the intro and share the save?

EDIT:
Seems like someone had one up on NexusMods, but it was outdated by a patch. I haven't found a recent one. So it seems Frindis might be your best bet.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Brian Boru
Still playing Wasteland 2, and finding it to be a great experience in a post-apocalyptic world, it's very reminiscent of Fallouts 1 & 2, in both atmosphere and combat. The character's don't have the distinct personalities as some of the characters in the Fallouts, but there's more than I thought there would be.

I'm almost to the 50 hour mark now and still in Arizona. I know, most players probably finish the game in that time, but I spend a lot of time on using skill points, perks, and stat points during a level up, all those things make a huge difference in whether your party will survive or not, including those who join you (and they also affect who will join you), as well as conversation choices and outcomes of the conversations. Some combat can be avoided by certain dialog choices, and you'll still get experience points. It's very old-school RPG gaming and I love it.

I currently have 6 members in my party (4 created, 2 recruited), and no-one has died yet, though I recently had a brutal encounter with some robots called "Slicer Dicers".
s4Q2nYt.jpg

Each one had almost as many hit points as my entire party, and the entire encounter was actually avoidable as I could have just gone around them. And there was actually a 3rd way to deal with them, that I found out after the battle, of activating a malfunctioning robot (which requires s specific skill), and probably the best option.

But that's one of the things I'm loving about WL2, is that you never know what all you options may be when you stumble into a situation like that.

TRENDING THREADS