The Currently Playing & Random Game Thoughts Thread (19 June to 25 June)

Page 3 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
I've been playing Frostpunk all day today, and I can see myself continuing to do so. It's brilliant on Easy mode where you have better control of resources, easier means of dealing with projected losses, and people don't demand so much of the Captain. Genuinely don't know how people play Medium or above without being overly sadistic which is damned too easy to fall into.

It'll suffice until my next Stellaris fix, the previous game I thankfully won having expected to miserably fail.

@Withywarlock, I really liked Frostpunk! Once you've done the scenarios once its easier to know what order and where to build things in to avoid having to be sadistic and you can generally get all the objectives a little more easily , at least on normal difficulty.

Been a while but I seem to remember enabling child labor helps early on to get things moving while youre struggling at the start.

Edited to remove insensitive joke. The world is an absurd place, and Frostpunk is a particularly bleak game.

Last edited:
Just beat the RE7 campaign DLC Not a Hero on Normal (highest mode they let you play on first time). It's got some tough battles toward the end, and I was worried I wouldn't have enough ammo for the final boss. I ended up backtracking a bit and found 8 more shotgun rounds, and a couple enhanced pistol rounds that negate an enemy's regen ability. I don't think the final boss has such abilities, but it DID have more effect on him than standard pistol rounds or even shotgun rounds. I also ended up going back to the nearby save room and grabbed the 5 skill coins my Gold edition rewards you with. I hadn't planned to use them, but as I still had WAY less ammo than others I watched videos of, I figured I better not take the chance.

So I ended up beating that boss, and the incendiary rounds I think did the most damage. If anyone here ever plays this DLC, know that non fast equip selection is done a bit differently than in the main game. You can't just click on the item in the inventory and choose the Use option to equip it, you have to hold down click and drag it to the inventory's top row. What was most annoying about this is it made it MUCH slower to switch to another grenade type while the boss was bearing down on me. Shame on you CAPCOM for adding fake difficulty by nerfing weapon selection.

I am now playing the End of Zoe campaign DLC, and am only a little ways into it. Crazy old Joe (Zoe's uncle, the protagonist) has to find grub worms in tree bark and centipedes crawling on things and under rocks (occasionally you find the less gross crawfish, )combined with chem fluid to make healing vials, or eat them raw for a less potent heal. He also (so far anyway) can only punch attack and do stealth kill neck snaps. Let me tell you, that looks kind of odd when performed on the Molded creatures. The things Japanese developers cook up never ceases to amaze me. :LOL:

[Edited] I ended up finding out you can also make spears from metal scrap and tree branches you find, and chem fluid plus tree branches makes stake bombs, which you stick in the ground and can remote detonate. There was also a surprise appearance from one of the Baker family at the end of this DLC that kind of took me by surprise. So I finished this DLC as well, and found it to be a bit easier than Not a Hero. There are however some suspenseful moments wading waist deep in the swamp wondering if you're going to be able to sneak past gators. You kind of have to pick which ones to spend your spears on, while trying to save as many as you can for bosses.

Last edited:
My daughter and I played a little bit of AER: Memories of Old, one of the games I installed after getting the 1TB SSD. Controlling both a character and the camera is still a bit too difficult for my daughter, so she made me help her. Flying around as a bird is really satisfying and it's nice you don't have to worry about falling, as you just get put back on land without any consequences if you fall off and there is no fall damage.

My daughter and I played a little bit of AER: Memories of Old, one of the games I installed after getting the 1TB SSD. Controlling both a character and the camera is still a bit too difficult for my daughter, so she made me help her. Flying around as a bird is really satisfying and it's nice you don't have to worry about falling, as you just get put back on land without any consequences if you fall off and there is no fall damage.
I've been wanting to check that one out.

Reactions: Pifanjr

TRENDING THREADS