The Currently Playing & Random Game Thoughts Thread (12 June to 18 June)

Page 3 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
I haven't found a recent one
Thanks for trying man, appreciate it :)
I had a quick peek myself in Nexus & ModDB, only saves are ones for achievement hunters & stats stuffers—should those be Achers and Staffers?

Ok then, I need a bit of help with this, especially if you have successful begging experience:

Esteemed Mr Frindis
or
Hey Frindi, My Man!
Formal or colloquial, which sets the better tone?

Then there's the content:

A Frindis need is a Frindis deed—watcha tink?

Reactions: Pifanjr

Zloth

Community Contributor
But the intros to Burning Man and the kid with the long sleeves are so cool! Plus, very important things happen in that tutorial. They don't change from player to player so I guess you could skip it but be SURE to watch the playthrough on YouTube!

I'm guessing the best save point would be just after getting out of the hospital. There's more that plays out, but it gets you past the sorta-boss-fight.

People seem to keep REEing about not using the Epic Games Store, and the insults thrown at the EGS over Final Fantasy VII Remake more or less reminded me of my less than positive experience with Mount&Blade: Bannerlord's multiplayer mode before the May 27th update of this year, which at the time was an archer spamfest 90% of the time, and a one-sided curbstomp fight with most faction matchups during the 10% of the time when people had something resembling honor.

Considering that the medieval swordfighting game on the Epic Games Store is actually a medieval swordfighting game, I really do not blame the Mount&Blade multiplayer community for jumping ship from Bannerlord to Chivalry 2, and it's apparent to me that people really only play Bannerlord's multiplayer mode cuz it's the Steam counterpart to a better game that's Epic Exclusive.

Granted, I'll admit that things are less bad for Mount&Blade now (partly cuz there's much less archer spam, but mainly cuz horses in Chiv2 are poorly implemented) but I think my point still stands in that if people are clinging onto an insufferably bad game just cuz it's on Steam and a competing product to an Epic Exclusive, I think we're at a point where the Steam vs Epic arguments have gone too far.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru
Steam vs Epic arguments have gone too far
Ah I understand, the community is getting a bit ridiculous—I didn't know any of this as I ignore multiplayer.

That's kinda the nature of things at the fringes tho, isn't it? Tens/hundreds of millions play away happily, but a tiny percentage of 10-100 thousand make a whole lot of noise banging on their respective device or platform pedestals. PC v console, PC v Apple, VHS v BetaMax, etc v etc :rolleyes:

Reactions: mainer and Pifanjr
PC v Apple
TBH, i'm actually looking forward to the upcoming mac port of Resident Evil 8. As fun as it is to constantly slander Apple's products over the price/performance ratio*, Apple DID talk a big game about how much better their Apple M1 hardware is compared to the contemporary hardware you'd have on a Windows home computer. Unfortunately, they were also extremely and utterly vague about the actual real-world performance of their hardware, so good luck finding any usable numbers to compare against the likes of AMD's Ryzen chips or the current-gen nVidia and AMD GPUs.

*tbf, an $1800 CAD iMac from 2020 is the equivalent to a low-end to mid-range gaming PC from 2015. Granted, they were still using the x86 instruction set at the time.

Thanks for trying man, appreciate it :)
I had a quick peek myself in Nexus & ModDB, only saves are ones for achievement hunters & stats stuffers—should those be Achers and Staffers?

Ok then, I need a bit of help with this, especially if you have successful begging experience:

Esteemed Mr Frindis
or
Hey Frindi, My Man!
Formal or colloquial, which sets the better tone?

Then there's the content:

A Frindis need is a Frindis deed—watcha tink?

I don't really have any experience begging. I just have this nice template header I use whenever I need something from someone:

BhQ2iVs.png

Just had a wholesome laugh. Went to the Starship Troopers game page and was not disappointed by all the movie references in the reviews section.

Zloth

Community Contributor
Still bouncing between Dungeon Of Naheulbeuk and Mechwarrior 5.

I went to the store today, and there was a grown woman talking on the phone as she shopped. Every 5th word was "like" and she even tossed in a few "literally's"! She was talking like some high school kid from ten years ag... oh. <sigh> Gettin' old is starting to get old. I wonder when my nieces and nephews are going to start complaining about getting old? It shouldn't be long before the oldest ones start finding their favorite songs on an oldies station/feeds.

TRENDING THREADS