Stump the Gaming Geniuses (Guess the Game)

Page 4 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
We have a friend staying over and I didn’t have time to make a new screenshot, so I pulled an old screenshot from Steam. It's the only game I've ever uploaded screenshots from though, so this is the only time I'll be able to do this :p

E7A5FF316BDA539A0C1114ADD47ABDFC8A58B578
Well, I googled aprimay and septober and came up with Rimworld. I've only played a few minutes of this, but the map looks right now that I think about it.

Correct!

It's indeed not much to look at, but as we all know gameplay is more important than graphics.
It is, indeed, more important, but I won't play games if I find the graphics too ugly no matter how good the gameplay is, and some of it depends on my vision. I can't play Rimworld because the graphics are so bad that with my poor vision I can't see what anything is, and I don't want to hold my magnifying lens to the screen the whole time. Maybe some day I'll still give it a go.

gg4.jpg

Reactions: mainer and Pifanjr
I won't play games if I find the graphics too ugly no matter how good the gameplay is
Yeah, I've moved gradually in that direction too—paid my dues on 'beginner graphics' in 90s-00s :) Makes a big difference that graphics have become so much better in the last ~15 years compared to earlier—starting with say Crysis in 2007—so that now they're a legit game element, rather than previously being a constraint.

I don't want to hold my magnifying lens to the screen
Umm… would reducing screen resolution solve that? Would make everything bigger, at expense of a smaller viewport.

Big Ambitions?

Reactions: mainer and Pifanjr
Umm… would reducing screen resolution solve that? Would make everything bigger, at expense of a smaller viewport.

Big Ambitions?
It doesn't make everything bigger. It makes the window smaller along with everything in it. Maybe that works differently in different games depending on how they have them set up? If I then max out the window, everything gets back to normal size, but now it's blurry. The solution would be to buy a large monitor and play on my poor, neglected desktop.

And Big Ambitions is correct!

I think @Pifanjr probably knew what it was and thought, "Man, I don't have time for this crap..."

I am going to guess The Callisto Protocol, the aesthetics seems right to me.

Here is my submission!

full
Whats this?!? 😲

20230614120622-1.jpg
lol you two aren't playing quite right. You are supposed to successfully guess the last game before posting your picture. You've both jumped the gun a bit in posting your pictures, but I appreciate your enthusiasm. If anyone wants to make a guess at their screenshots, go for it :)

Zloth

Community Contributor
I'm going to guess that @Zloth posted Echo. If that is correct, I'm passing my turn to both @neogunhero and @captaincrazy

I've had Echo on my wishlist since that caveman, the one with the beard, discovered fire. I'm going to have to start chucking stuff that I never actually buy even when they are on sale.
It is Echo!

I would only get it on a sale. It's worth the time, IMHO, just to see its interesting take on only doing what you've done, but everything else about the game is very bare bones. The story is dictated to you as you walk between levels, all the levels look very similar, and there's really not much depth to the shooting gameplay. I wouldn't expect to finish it. (The idea sure would make a fun level in an action-adventure or single character RPG!)

TRENDING THREADS