September 2024 PCG Article Discussion Thread

Page 3 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
"With 2,516 games, the United States is the top video game setting worldwide, followed by Japan (860 games) and Canada (672 games).
New York is the city where the most video games are set (479 games)"

quite an interesting article. Kinda expected that US/Tokyo would be the main places namely the main developers were from US/japan. We sort of grew up watching movies in the 80-90s being set in those countries. The power of culture i guess. plenty of beautiful locations in those countries. Would have loved to see more Hong kong/ shanghai. Sleeping Dogs did a fantastic job getting the feeling of hong kong even if it was a shell.

Crew 2/Motorfest move looks more like a sales push, as I wonder how many people didn't buy Motorfest based on their actions with the Crew? Why buy anything off them if you can't play it after servers are gone?

I downloaded the demo of Motorfest but never really looked at it past that. That would explain why they emailed me about Season 2 starting & a 70% discount... yep, it didn't sell well, did it Ubisoft?

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru

Looking forward to this. I still think Starfield has good legs, just bad execution. This DLC seems to be going in the right direction for this game. Bethesda always seems to have pretty good DLC because they tend to focus on the base games core strengths, and usually its storytelling. For example, I found FO4’s Far Harbor storyline way more intriguing and captivating than the base games, and the fighting sections felt more tense and action packed than most of the base game. I’m hoping to see the same here. Not sure if I will buy the season pass yet, gonna wait for a few more patches and to see how the DLC reviews.

Looking forward to this. I still think Starfield has good legs, just bad execution. This DLC seems to be going in the right direction for this game. Bethesda always seems to have pretty good DLC because they tend to focus on the base games core strengths, and usually its storytelling. For example, I found FO4’s Far Harbor storyline way more intriguing and captivating than the base games, and the fighting sections felt more tense and action packed than most of the base game. I’m hoping to see the same here. Not sure if I will buy the season pass yet, gonna wait for a few more patches and to see how the DLC reviews.

I'm very excited to play Starfield's GOTY edition, which I assume will have most of the kinks ironed out. Though there is only one particular issue that's a deal breaker to me currently, which is that you can encounter exact copies of POIs on different planets and that POIs spawn on planets/locations where they don't make sense.

I'm very excited to play Starfield's GOTY edition, which I assume will have most of the kinks ironed out. Though there is only one particular issue that's a deal breaker to me currently, which is that you can encounter exact copies of POIs on different planets and that POIs spawn on planets/locations where they don't make sense.
That is very annoying and I don’t expect that to be changed whenever the GOTY does eventually come out. It’s more of a design choice than a bug or missing feature. Starfield isn’t their greatest game but its combat and storytelling are really good, and worth investing time into. However don’t be an idiot and buy the game full price like I did.

Reactions: Brian Boru

I see that one of my complaints when talking about SM2 is being looked at. Its really annoying to play the difficulty solo as it is,i mean i was completing objectives but i ultimately stopped in favor of the pvp until they add the UW support and ill take this too since im playing at that level of difficulty.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts